News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kids mini-Seed in Brule, WI er, I mean MN! LOL

Started by three, October 07, 2010, 02:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

three

Hey, one of my pastors approached me about having a mini-Seed for kids at church.  He has a line on a good location, and is confirming that for me.  If the location works out:
This will be on a Sunday afternoon, possibly as soon as the 24th of October.  Roughly 1pm to 7pm, youth only as a lot of kids can't do weekends what with their football and volleyball tournies and cross-country meets.  My thoughts are run them through a shortened one day 'Seed.
With kids on the line I need instructors!  Aftermath suggested a 2-1 kid to instructor ratio, so I'm hoping some of y'all could make it out.
Details are still sketchy, obviously, so I could use some help.  ++)
Any and all ideas are welcome as to how to run this shoot, and what needs to be done to prepare.
Thanks,
three
Collosians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.  Do it for the Lord, and not for man."

AFTERMATH

We all know the best way to annex a territory is to use the youth to our bennefit! >:D >:D >:D
Also, there's a sportsman's expo, at his church that we'll be setting a table up at, on Oct. 23rd.
This will be a simple gunshow type setup.  And we've been asked to give a short seminar, and relate our teachings to what hunters can use in the field.

So far the roster is:

Three
Taylor
TheDud
BrassBucket
(you!)

If you can spare a few hours on the 23rd; it'd be greatly apreciated.
I'm sure WI will even be happy that we've taken over the NW...  They've got enough to worry about with the invasion of IL from the south!
Now they'll have a smaller area to worry about!   >:D
So, either report here or send a PM to three and Taylor!  Or both. ;)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

three

According to Leland, he and Alice are in for the Expo, as well.  I'm hoping that will work out!   :---
Collosians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.  Do it for the Lord, and not for man."

three

I am placing the Mini Seed on hold for now.  I haven't confirmed the location, and it's gotten too late.  So all focus on the Expo!  I will keep on my pastor about the MS, hopefully we can make that happen soon. :---

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Old Glory!

Sheesh, took me 13 days to see MN at work in WI again.  Will be watching to see how this develops.  We always appreciate help from the neighbors, dont-cha-know-now.  

Quote from: AFTERMATH on October 08, 2010, 07:02:17 PM

Also, there's a sportsman's expo, at his church that we'll be setting a table up at, on Oct. 23rd.
This will be a simple gunshow type setup.  And we've been asked to give a short seminar, and relate our teachings to what hunters can use in the field.

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to reach out and plants some seeds among hunters future Appleseeders.   O0

Figures the Minnesotans would invade the Brule; the land of ski.   ^-^

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion