News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bates City

Started by libertyguild, October 03, 2010, 10:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

libertyguild

First I want to thank all of our instructors, Gromit, Cookielady, Greg in MO, and Hectorfuego.  Your sacrifice for us will not go unused.  Your dedication will be replicated. 
What a great weekend.  I came with my son (22), my best friend and his son (10), and another good friend.  What a great experience.  Not only did we all learn the fundamentals of being a rifleman, but more importantly, the fundamentals of being an American--Persistence, sacrifice, and WAKING UP!!!

If you are thinking about going to an AS ---DO IT!  Sign up now and then find someone else to take.  You will regret not going.

This is just the beginning.  Take it, learn it, pass it on because ..."Shooters, your preparation period as now begun!"
"Shooters!  Your preparation period has begun!"

ksdiver

Well said Libertyguild.  I'm lucky that I work evenings,  I'm too stifff and sore to go this morning.  Gromit, Cookielady and Greg in Mo, I thank you for waking my mind and body.  My pilot light burns even brighter now (or maybe I should say I'm shooting with hotter primers now). 

Greg in MO

You are very welcome!  It was a pleasure working with all of you this weekend. 

Stay tuned.  I'm sure Gromit will have the AAR up shortly.  Once it is, if you have any pictures, please post them!

Thanks again! 

Greg

Ladywolf

I wish to add my thanks, also.  I came with my husband. My sole intent was to just be there and load mags, support him, and watch/learn. I was truly interested in the historical part of the weekend, and that's how we came to be there in the first place, when I heard it at the gun club's bbq a couple of weeks before. I hadn't picked up a rifle, much less shot one, in 39 years. Hubby Wolfgang brought an extra rifle, just in case. He lured me into trying it out "just once". So, I got this old, overweight, stiff-from-waaaay-too-much-sedentary-behavior body onto the mat and gave it a try. I was hooked!   

Kindly, Greg noticed my rifle wasn't exactly comfortable to work with, and loaned me one of his, which was MUCH easier to handle.  This total greenhorn had a most wonderful weekend, and was very grateful for everyone's kindness in giving concession to my lack of physical prowess. I have set as my new goal to get more fit, s-t-r-e-t-c-h daily, and get comfortable shooting in prone position by springtime.  I thought all of the instructors were knowledgeable, kind, patient, informative, respectful, VERY safety-conscious, instructive, and most of all, FUN. They had SUCH appreciation of this country's beginning and the sacrifices made by those who lived in that era. By the end of the weekend, these old muscles were worn out, joints were achy from my shoulders to my toes, but I went home a very satisfied woman who had a MUCH greater appreciation for developing shooting skills, knowledge of rifle use, and, most of all, appreciation and awareness of our great, shared heritage. Thanks ever so much! We will be back.  :D
"If you don't use it, you lose it."

libertyguild

Posted a link to my pictures of this AS in AAR section.
"Shooters!  Your preparation period has begun!"