News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC - MN

Started by AFTERMATH, October 01, 2010, 04:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Ok, since I'll be gone this weekend....  And I really have no preference....

I'm just gonna leave it to all of you.

PICK A WEEKEND!!!

PICK A PLACE!!!

Preferably, sometime before this year is over!!!

Keep a secondary date in mind in case the 1st doesn't work out!

3.....2.....1.....GO!!!!!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

adamt

I vote for any weekend in October, November or December. I don't have a place unless a couple of people want to cram into my condo. The wife probably wouldn't have it though. Seriously, as soon as someone can come up with a place and a time I am in.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

russellmn

If we're just talking a 2 day non-shooting IBC, we can use my parent's garage.  4 car garage, plenty of room.  If you wanna shoot too, we could head out to their cabin to shoot. 
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

sparks1

I've got three things in mind
Opening deer season, 2nd weekend of deer season, and the KD shoot in Wi. (I believe LaCrosse) Beyond that I am open.

No room at my house for an IBC...sorry
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Taylor

If a MN IBC in WI wouldn't be a problem, I have sleeping space for 6-8 and a cabin that will sleep 6 more, also small 25m .22 firing line. Time wise last two weekends of October or first two weekends of November otherwise we'll be tripping over the deer hunters. I'm about 20 miles east of Hayward, 60 miles south of Duluth in the town of Chittamo.

Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

sparks1

Taylor...Gracious of you to offer. I personally do not see why it would have to be in Mn. IBC's draw from all areas. I went to one in Bowler, Wi. in June.

Keep in mind folks...we have an AS in Hinckley Oct. 30-31st that will have to be manned. Of course, this can be worked out for the good of all. I assume IIT's not having attended an IBC would be excused, and that RH's could do the duty.  :'(   But then all the fun will be had by IIT's.  ~~:) ~~:) 

DO NOt miss an opportunity to attend an IBC...your instructing skills will improve dramatically. AND...that pesky IMC will become like 2+2=4 ...simple. Well, it did for me. ++)
Plus the opportunity to have RH's as students in a mock AS is priceless. Here you will see situations never before experienced at an AS. You will learn to deal with ALL situations that may arise.

We better pick a date and time real soon so we can reserve a SI...they are plenty busy you know.

(John Maxwell)

FreedomV

One vote for Oct 23, 24... might be possible in Ridgeway MN.  Aftermath and VMT have seen the farm near Winona right off of Hwy 90 at the Houston Exit.
FV
Illegitimi non carborundum

Taylor

I had my compass turned around...~20mi west of Hayward not east. ~10mi west of Hwy53 just north of WI77.  We would be honored to host the IBC.

Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

sparks1

Quote from: FreedomV on October 02, 2010, 11:12:43 PM
One vote for Oct 23, 24... might be possible in Ridgeway MN.  Aftermath and VMT have seen the farm near Winona right off of Hwy 90 at the Houston Exit.
FV

2nd this vote. Date works for me...place? I don't care.

(John Maxwell)

Blackdog

10/23-24 works for me. I like the Ridgeway location too.  8)

Quote from: sparks1 on October 03, 2010, 12:47:46 AM
Quote from: FreedomV on October 02, 2010, 11:12:43 PM
One vote for Oct 23, 24... might be possible in Ridgeway MN.  Aftermath and VMT have seen the farm near Winona right off of Hwy 90 at the Houston Exit.
FV

2nd this vote. Date works for me...place? I don't care.

Kosciusko

Ridgeway is a hop, skip and a jump for vmt193 and me. 

Any weekend except next 10/09-10/10  is OK for me, and I've got vacation to burn, so anywhere within 300 miles is  good. 

vmt193

I hate to be the purveyor of negativity, but I don't think Ridgeway will work. It's a good possible location for a KD clinic but I don't think it's a prime candidate for an IBC. We need something with some type of classroom environment. The use of a range is just gravy.

I also think it's too short notice to pull it off in 2 weeks.

My opinion (and you know what they say) is that to have one soon is a good thing in order to get all the new instructors up to speed while recent Appleseeds are still fresh in their mind. HOWEVER, the down side is, there aren't many upcoming ASs where the skills can be applied. Would we be better to be getting something set up for after the first of the year, maybe mid-winter, so the lessons will still be a bit fresher in the mind when April 16-17 rolls around?

mike

Cooper

I'm afraid that I'm on hospital call 10/23-24 (also Thanksgiving weekend), so I'm out of luck on this one.

I have a large polebarn (used to be a pottery classroom) on my orchard, 25m range and KD of 100, 200 and 250m.  Heat might be an issue in mid-winter (propane heaters).

Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

Yeah....

So, NOW you're all lookin' at the 23-24....  Didn't someone suggest that last month at the picnic? %)
It's probably runnin' too late for that, now.

But whatever you guys choose.  When you settle; let me know.  We'll do what we can to ammennity.

Alex

P.S.  No one ever said we can't have one this fall, and another this winter. ;)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

sparks1

(John Maxwell)

Kosciusko

FYI, at the board meeting tonight, I got dates for the two 2011 AS , also clearance to hold an IBC on site

If you want to have it in Winona, I just need to run the date by the board.  The OK  includes using cots & sleeping bags  at the club to save on motels.

Mmmmmmmmm......hot dogs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner - really good hot dogs

the only drawback is that Saturdays after December-01, the club is open 10-2 for trap/skeet.  We'd have to withdraw to the back room.    For those of you who haven't  been to Winona, it's still over 20x30 feet in size.

Blackdog

Quote from: vmt193 on October 05, 2010, 01:43:18 PM
Would we be better to be getting something set up for after the first of the year, maybe mid-winter, so the lessons will still be a bit fresher in the mind when April 16-17 rolls around?

mike

I like this idea the best. My work and personal schedule will be much more flexible after the first of the year.

Blackdog

Quote from: kmk on October 05, 2010, 11:23:03 PM
  The OK  includes using cots & sleeping bags  at the club to save on motels.

Mmmmmmmmm......hot dogs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner - really good hot dogs

I'll bring the venison chili................and Febreeze.  ^-^

russellmn

I'm with VMT on this one.  I think late winter, early spring would be best.  Say late Feb-Mar???  Also like the Winona location...
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

sparks1

I believe for promotions after an IBC , an AS must be attended within a week or two. Not for me to say, but we should have a shoot close to the IBC for IIT's to instruct and do PC's for promotion.
  Not that promotions are the key thing....but some would appreciate it I bet. still good to get the fundamental instructions down pat.

(John Maxwell)

javaguy

Quote from: russellmn on October 06, 2010, 05:13:53 AM
I'm with VMT on this one.  I think late winter, early spring would be best.  Say late Feb-Mar???  Also like the Winona location...

Dittos here - Feb-Mar would be great and Winona would be a fine location

FreedomV

March in Winona would be great.
7 th stepping this week in Parump Nevada to defensive handgun students from all over the USA!
FV
Illegitimi non carborundum

Greg in MO

I would point out that you need to have an SI/MI to run an IBC, so you may want to figure out what their schedule is as well...

Just a thought.

Greg

vmt193

OK, kmk is checking on open dates in Feb. & March @ Winona. (We need to work around a couple winter trap shoots.) Once I have those we'll do some checking with SI/MIs to find out who's got some open dates that match up to ours. We hope to know what dates we can have by tomorrow.

vmt

sparks1

Quote from: Greg in MO on October 11, 2010, 10:21:02 AM
I would point out that you need to have an SI/MI to run an IBC, so you may want to figure out what their schedule is as well...

Just a thought.

Greg

Thanks Greg...been sayin' that for awhile. Maybe coming from a SI it will be heard.

(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Greg in MO on October 11, 2010, 10:21:02 AM

Just a thought.

Greg

We figured if we schedule it; they would come. >:D

The dang problem is these Minnesotans will just keep on arguing like Hancock and Adams, untill it's dang near too late.
So, we figured it'd be best to at the very least hash out an approximate; date....  We've only been contemplating this since, like Oct. 2008....

sparks1

Well, that's the problem with a Democracy. !@#) !@#) All kinds of opinion and no result. Which MAY be why our founders gave us a Republic.

I've always seen it where a decision just has to be made for all and let everyone come to terms with the decision.  &) Usually works just fine.

(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on October 11, 2010, 09:52:46 PM
Well, that's the problem with a Democracy. !@#) !@#) All kinds of opinion and no result. Which MAY be why our founders gave us a Republic.

I've always seen it where a decision just has to be made for all and let everyone come to terms with the decision.  &) Usually works just fine.

Well, then someone make a decision! ~~:)
The whole idea is to teach everyone else how to do my job, right?
Which will never happen if Mike and I make all the decisions for yous. #)

vmt193

I hate making decisions. What if I don't make the right one? I thought I was wrong once.............but I was mistaken.  **)

Kosciusko

I'm trying to get a list of Blizzard shoot(s) from the other board members.  The club doesn't usually schedule until December  at the earliest, but I'll try to get them to commit to date(s) sooner.  Or, if we can settle on a date, I can maybe get those 2 weekends reserved this far out.