News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2 AS Schedualed for Yakima /Moxee for 2010

Started by 06en, September 27, 2010, 08:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

1st is November 20-21, the 2nd is December 11-12. Both are still in the Fall season, but close enough for me to call them Winterseed shoots. Feel free to correct me. Post questions here if you wish or by PM.

06en

06en

Stopped in to see what was going on in the Yakima Gun Show today. Funny it seems that there is never a time that 7th stepping can't be done. Spoke with a gentleman at a table and he asked me if I would like to make a donation to a Veteran's Charity. I asked if the RWVA was one of them. He said no, but did ask what the RWVA was all about. It just so happens that I had some fliers with me (go figure). Got to talking about the AS Project for a bit, and he asks if I had more that he could put on his table. I was happy to accomidate.

After walking around the room for a while, I stopped back at his table and he says to a guy at his table,"There he is"...another gentleman was looking at a flier and again I start the sell. Before I'm done, yet another gentleman asks if I with the AS Project and I tell him I am. He informs me that he and his son are both pre-registered for this next weeks event. Only he was having problems with finding 1.25" swivels and slings. I told him that there may very well be some brought by the instructor core that could be borrowed.

It's been a very busy couple of months, and I am really looking forward to this next weekend. I will be at the range tomorrow morning to see if there is anyone else that I might be able to get to the event next weekend, as well as tie up any loose ends at the range.

Looking forward to see all who will be there.

06en

Reformed Redneck

06en,

If you have contact info for the guy looking for 1-1/4" swivels, you might suggest that he check out Midway on line. When I order from them, they usually show up within 3 business days, and that is with standard shipping. For some reason, a lot of the gun shops, sporting goods stores, and big box outlets don't think there is any other size than 1". Also, I may still have a couple of sets that I will part with for $10 per pair.

See you next week.

Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Earl

Do have to watch that promising of instructors lending equipment - had two shooters yesterday - no rifles, no ammunition, no control of muzzles without close supervision... they were interesting. Need to put my bolt back together when I return home - ejector and extractor came out under protest. :(
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

06en

Quick note from Friday morning. Loaded up to set up the lines. Will be heading to the range directly after work to meet the Redneck family. So far forcast is calling for a Hi of 41 with 30% chance of rain/snow for Saturday. Hi of 37 with 0% chance of rain/snow for Sunday. Dress right folks. See ya there.

TruTenacity

06en,

Thanks so much for all your hard work getting this event off the ground.  We'll be heading out in about an hour.  We've received an inch of snow so far just this morning and the snow continues to fall with poor visibility.

Weather Bug update:
Fri. night low: 26 degrees, 30% chance frozen mix.
Sat. high: 33 degrees, 30% chance frozen mix.
Sat. night low: 17 degrees
Sun. high: 23 degrees, chance of snow.

I think the forecast you found is a bit more pleasant.

Winterseed in the Northwest Region here we go!

TruT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

06en

Well I hope no one is disappointed that the snow really began fall along with high winds today. Just 1 day after the shoot. If you are, well I have great news for you. ^:)^ There is still hope. In just three short weeks, we will be having another Appleseed! O0 We may very well have snow for ya then 8).

I feel I learned many lessons from weekend of last. Looking forward to hearing of many of my heros once again. Looking forward to bringing my heros to the hearts and minds of my fellow Americans.

I believe that I woke this morning, standing on a soap box. I get to work and I am asked,"how was your weekend?"...well they may have hoped for a short and sweat answer, but that IS NOT what they got. As I speak of all the wonderful things that I saw and heard, I hear in my own head, "WAKE UP YOU AMERICAN, WAKE UP" After all, they did ask.

And so it goes. We have three short weeks to get as many as we can to the AS in Moxee. I have heard many verbal commitments, one of which confirmed to me that he has indeed preregistered, and with that, I have been encouraged.

Bail, Bail, Bail.

I will, I'm sure, take some time this week for the family things in life, but rest assured, the Appleseed message will still be heard.

06en

Well I think we might be able to provide the conditions for a Winterseed in Yakima this coming weekend. Snow and less than 40 degrees. Last chance to get out to the range for an Appleseed for 2010 in WA state.

twoclones

Quote from: 06en on December 06, 2010, 01:35:38 AM
Well I think we might be able to provide the conditions for a Winterseed in Yakima this coming weekend. Snow and less than 40 degrees. Last chance to get out to the range for an Appleseed for 2010 in WA state.

The 3 of us will be there but I sure hope for an improved weather forecast :)  My girlfriend is suggesting we bring the pop-up tent {10x10} and shoot from under it.  LOL

06en

the Yakima area reminds me a great deal of Denver, in that if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes. Canopies are always a good thing for shooters to bring no matter the time of the year.

twoclones

Quote from: 06en on December 08, 2010, 11:04:41 PMCanopies are always a good thing for shooters to bring no matter the time of the year.

Guess I should put mine in the truck 'cause there's a 70% chance of precip on Saturday. 

twoclones

We had fun until we got too cold and wet to continue.  Drive home was 35-40mph for nearly 100 miles of snow! 
If you want the original (larger) file of any photos, just ask.

We'll be back when the snow melts.  LOL

Western Rose

twoclones, thanks for posting the pictures! I see a couple of familiar faces in them. :)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

SavageShootr

Looks like Winterseed to me. Mercy, it looks a little different than it did in June '08, yet the same. Maybe the white blanket.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

06en

:sos:ATTENTION!!! :sos:

On the authority of tdow, this AppleSeed Shoot Boss, the Sunday portion of this AS had been called off (canceled) due to the highly adverse road conditions  :'(. An After Action report will be started in the AAR section of the Forum.

06en