News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After action report: Three Forks MT

Started by Mark Davis, September 20, 2010, 12:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Saturday morning twenty shooters on the fireing line.
Shoot boss The Guy assisted by Pah Ra, smileyDan, Glocker21, LTR and John who has not yet chosen a screen name. ole clod was present but shot most all of the day Sat.
The weather was cool, and overcast.
Working with many short barreled, collapsible stocked rifles many shooters had issues with short sight radius and getting solid positions, but they persevered.
Sunday Morning Five did not come back but two others arrived. The day started cool and foggy but the sun shined through and warmed things up nicely
Glocker went home the night before and ole clod called the line. thburr, a new instructor came out today. Most of the other instructors got to fire a few targets sunday.
One rifleman, Jeff and one riflewoman, Lori were awarded the coveted patch.

thburr

My first time as an instructor in training.  It is a little more fun to shoot but its pretty interesting helping people out and spreading what little knowledge I have.
Congratulations to the Lori and Jeff, great shooting!

Mark Davis

Pah Ra and guy demo hasty sling

Mark Davis

Cool misty morning

Mark Davis

Fireing line

Johnnyappleseed

thburr
We all feel that way about shooting   :) Thank you for stepping up to  O0
Course after the ship stops taking on water --and AS has done it's job . We  Americans will have more shooting ranges than golf courses.
If we fail,it's likely there will be no public ranges  :(
Looking forward to shooting with you some day and exchanging fun stories about life on the trail  O0
WELCOME ABOARD ^5
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Pa Rah

Beemer, congratulations on taking the job of baling. Keep doing what you can and don't worry about out shooting anyone, you are a very useful man.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan

Kaiser Leib

Quote from: thburr on September 20, 2010, 12:18:56 AM
My first time as an instructor in training.  It is a little more fun to shoot but its pretty interesting helping people out and spreading what little knowledge I have.

I feel your pain, thburr. It's tough to make the intellectual leap from competing with oneself in terms of one's own shots on target to competing with oneself in terms of a student's shots on target (but man is it rewarding to see a previously-struggling shooter achieve rifleman status). We'll have to work on setting up MT instructor shoots.

Congratulations to our new riflemen, and my apologies for my absence. I look forward to seeing you all on the line in the future.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

glocker21

It was nice meeting all the shooters and I wish that I did not have church stuff on Saturday Night and Sunday Morning. I really do need to pair down my extracurricular activities.

I enjoyed the week and even learned a thing or two...like, 50 rounds of .300 Win Mag tends to wear a fella out
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

BEEMER

I HAD A BALL, THANKS EVERYONE WHO WERE THERE  FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOME AND HELPING TO GET ME FIRED UP TO PITCH IN.  PAH RA, I THINK I'LL BE COMING TO NAMPA IN OCT TO HELP AT YOUR EVENT.
CHEERS
JOHN

MontanaAnnie

^:)^-my reaction (inside) after finally making Riflewomen!
In appreciation to Clodhopper, PahRa, The Guy, LTR, ThBurr. Thanks to all you for your support, sharing your skills, great story time, mostly patience (lot's).   
I had a grand time!

Mark Davis

thburr

MontanaAnnie, your perseverance paid off wear that purple patch with pride!

gg2340

Thanks so much to The Guy, PahRa and everyone who helped put on a first-rate shoot.  Special thanks to the owners of the range for their genorosity and dedication to riflemen.  It's a very differant skill set than some other shooting disciplines, but I agree on its importance.  Hope to see you all if you're on the Eastern side of the state.

Pablo

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic weekend.  I learned a ton and will appreciate this new skill set with time and practice.  Thanks a million to the landowner who let us use this range.  More envious I could not be.  Click. Bang.

Pablo out. 

Mark Davis

montana shooter

Couldn't make the whole shoot, but it was nice to see all the new faces........and the old ones.  Thanks to the Beardsleys' for hosting, especially shootimus and the missus for their hospitality. thanks to all the instructors who put many miles on to assist. BTW.....if you ever get a chance to go to Anchorage country.......do it......I could live there in a heartbeat.......bigger country than even we here in big sky country can boast about......man, the ranges they could have!
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

Pa Rah

MT shooter, if you need go over anything we talked about preparing .308 for you gas gun PM me and we can talk off line. Or better yet get a hold of old cloddy. He knows a thing or two about reloading for gas guns and elephant guns. Either way let me know if I can help.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan