News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder City, NV May, 15-16

Started by DesertDog, May 17, 2010, 01:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

What a shoot!!  We had 21 on the list when I downloaded it on Thur, being that we can't fit that many on 1 bay I sent out an SOS and Johnny Appleseed came through :bow:  Thank you so much my friend, I really enjoyed working with you.

This is the most we've had by far since I started going there a year ago, best of all they were all first timers O0  with temperatures in the mid 90's only one didn't return on Sun.  My hat's off to all you great Americans.  Xeyed, Trebleshooter, Brandon and RangeRat's promotions and 7th stepping have paid off. These 4 and others have been on fire. O0

We didn't get an AQT in on Sat, but had lot's of improvement.  Sunday started with Dave bringing out a Brown Bess replica and telling us about how it worked and the history of it, it was a nice presentation, thank you.  Mark was pretty consistent with his M1 Garand with 38 on stages 1-3.  Then rips off a 48 on Stage 4 for 210!  It looked like a .50 cal hole in the middle of each target.

Returning shooters Hugh and Larry shot multiple 210+ scores.

All the instructors did a fantastic job on instruction and history.

I'm pretty beat, so I'll add Redcoat scores and pictures later.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

TrebleShooter

I was AMAZED at the number of first time Appleseeders that showed up!!  :D
I was even more amazed when they all came back ready for more on Sunday.  Hats off to you guys for making this an awesome shoot!!  Keep up the good work and practice ~~:), I'm looking forward to having you all back and awarding a few more rifleman patches.
Pics will be up soon, and please, if you had any from this weekend, feel free to put them up!!

~Ash

chiller

It was a pleasure to meet more people and to move the process forward.  I am looking forward to reading a full AAR

Pineappleshot

This weekend was a great example of how this program works. We had many shooters show drastic improvement after just the first day of shooting. It was great to have 20 Shooters this weekend, and to meet many new people and see how much a shooter can improve after just one day of instruction. Hopefully we can continue to improve the turn out of shooters here in Southern Nevada. Thank you Desert Dog and welcome Chiller to the family of instructors we now have here in Southern Nevada. Thank you once again to Johnny Appleseed for helping us out at last minute we really do appreciate it.  O0

AZRedhawk44

Those of you looking to push the envelope and chase down that Rifleman patch or perhaps even contribute to the Appleseed Program in your area...

Kingman, AZ has an event on May 29-30.  Just an hour or so across the dam.  And... we'll be shooting out to 500 yards at this event.

There's another Kingman event July 24-25, also going to 500 yards.

I wish I could have stopped by and seen the current 'Seeders at BC.  I've run a couple shoots at this range over the last year or so, and I always enjoy meeting new folks coming through the Appleseed program.  I had my red hat all packed up with me, Appleseed T-shirt... but forgot my hearing protection, so I drove on back home from my Vegas vacation instead of dropping by for one of the afternoons.

But, just want to let you guys know that BC is not the only place in the immediate area where you can pursue Appleseed goals, and you have a sister range just an hour south that has several events for the rest of the year.  I don't know if DesertDog secured access to the High Power range at the BC facility, but if you haven't yet had a chance to apply the Appleseed fundamentals to true distance shooting, then the opportunity is there at Kingman.

Persist, and honor!

Johnnyappleseed

Another great event  :~ :~ :~ Thank You Desert Dog and all the IITs who made this shoot a complete success O0
It was a pleasure meeting and working with each of you. Ashley, Charlie, Brandon.
Eric you did above and beyond making this event easy for all of us . Thank You My friend and I am looking forward to seeing you again.Call me anytime. I sure enjoyed our conversations .
Special thanx to the attendees ,many of whom will become Rifleman and instuctors.
Semper Fidelis
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

DesertDog

Sorry about the delay in finishing the AAR.

Redcoat Scores: 

Sat AM              Sat PM              Sun AM        Sun PM
400         0                     2                       1               2
300         2                     2                       1               3
200         4                     2                       3               3
100         6                     8                       7               4
Head       4                     1                       2               4
Clear       0                     2                       1               3

Also, I forgot that chiller took the Orange Hat!  Garnderville May 29-31 would be a good place to start O0
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

chiller

RangeRat

Pics....