News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Subtle 7th stepping

Started by Cooper, September 18, 2010, 08:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Had the honor of being the Honorary Chairman for an Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk in La Crosse, and did the interviews with TV Ch19 News wearing an Isaac Davis hat...  Got lots of visual double takes at the walk, but no direct questions... maybe next time.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

sparks1

That's it...put Appleseed right up front !! Nothing like a visual to get their attention.

Pam and I went to a "junk show" at Canterbury today, wore my Isaac Davis RWVA hat and had some of the tri-fold flyers sticking out of my rear pocket. One guy asked...the rest of the crowd were into "pickin". But worth a chance.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Kosciusko

I always carry the business cards and hand them out.  Today, I was working the cash register at the WSC ATA shoot in Winona.  I recruited one of the younger guys they had filling trap houses,  a father/son pair down from the Twin Cities for the day, and the lady who was serving up lunch. 

I just ask them if they like to shoot anything other than trap/skeet.  If they say yes, I give them the pitch.  For anybody  interested in firearms and shooting, the program pretty much sells itself. 

Thursday night, I handed out cards to a couple teachers up for  trap shooting.   They were as interested in the history as much as the shooting.

At the pawn shop today, I gave one to a guy who just had a new scope put on his Ruger 10/22. 

I'm almost thru my first 100 business cards, time to order more.

Fred

Quote from: kmk on September 18, 2010, 09:53:28 PM
I recruited one of the younger guys they had filling trap houses,  a father/son pair down from the Twin Cities for the day, and the lady who was serving up lunch. 

kmk, that's growing the program 400% - in one day!

I'm not sure we can grow that fast! :)

But! Don't stop!

Keep it up! And keep posting here to show others how it can be done!!

Heck, to double this program, each of us only needs to recruit ONE PERSON - A YEAR!

Just imagine if each of us recruited one person - a weekend!

Hmmmm, can anyone figure our percentage growth in that unlikely event?

kmk, a tip of the hat to a real 7th-stepper! :bow: O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...