News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramah, CO OCT. 30/31

Started by Hokie, September 13, 2010, 01:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hokie

I looked at the flyer and it states that the clinic starts at 8:30AM but I did not see how long it lasts?
What time does it wrap up for the day?

Thanks.

RifleWoman

They usually go to about 5:00 the first day and 4:00 the second.  Kinda depends on the Shoot Boss and how much everybody is yelling "More! More! we want More!" at that point the SB will usually keep going.  ;)
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Hokie

Thanks.
Trying to figure out if I can make it and still get home in time for trick or treat with the kids.

ColoradoBoots

Hi,  I hope you can make it.  I recently - last weekend - attended my first Appleseed and it was wonderful. I really enjoyed myself and learned a lot AND improved my rifle skills.  Even if you have to leave a little early, the shoot boss will understand. 

Or better yet - bring the kids.  I am planning on appleseeding my son soon.  He saw how happy mom was after the weekend, and now he wants to go.  The instruction was superlative and the participants a blessing.
ColoradoBoots

A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.
Mae West

bigdrumdaddy

Randy here - Looking for anyone from the August AS at Ramah who might be attending the OCT 30-31 shoot. Hoping to be there if my health holds out. Been a rough few weeks, but I think I've resolved some of my physical limitation issues with the prone position - and I'm anxious to get back to an AS to see how I hold up. If Kevin, Devin, or Fred are out there - I'd love to hang with you again, especially since I wasn't able to compete the 2nd day last time.

BTW, if anyone out there knows how to contact Shoot Boss LongRifle, I really need to speak with him.

Let's all try to coordinate, and make it a reunion of sorts. I know I'd enjoy that. Feel free to give me a holler anytime.
SEMPER FI!
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men should do nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

Colorado Pete

daddy,

You can send Long Rifle a PM (personal message) by going into the messages section of the forum - click on the button above on the banner that says "My Messages" and then look on the left side of the page for "new message". Address to "Long Rifle" and he will see it.
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

nmmi9100

Quote from: Hokie on September 13, 2010, 10:56:49 PM
Thanks.
Trying to figure out if I can make it and still get home in time for trick or treat with the kids.

You can make it.  While we'd obviously prefer for you to stay the entire weekend, it's not uncommon for folks to pack up and leave early on Sunday if they have prior commitments.  All the points of instruction are typically presented on Saturday.  Sunday is a day to review and hone your skills...and often get into a little bit of long range shooting out to 300, 400, 500 yards or more.

So come on out and stay as late as you can.  Long Rifle runs a good shoot.  You'll learn a lot both about marksmanship and heritage from the Colorado crew...but you have to show up.  And if you miss the long range shooting (it's usually on Sunday afternoon), you'll just have to come back to another Appleseed in the coming weeks.

And yes, typical end times, in my experience, are around 5pm on Saturday and around 4pm on Sunday.

-David
Edgewood, NM