News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone in MO with Medical Training?

Started by ErikAnderson, September 09, 2010, 10:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikAnderson

Is there anyone within the Missouri contingent of shooters or instructors who is qualified to provide medical training (CPR, basic and advanced First Aid, etc)?  As instructors, we need to be able to identify and treat certain injuries/conditions and as such, I'm looking to refresh my CPR certification among others.

If you are either a 'local' qualified expert and available to instruct, or someone who'd like to be part of a class such as this, sound off in this thread.

Greg in MO

The only one I know of is your wife... 

Generally, the ARC (Red Cross) provides lots of classes for CPR recert.

For KC area, check out: http://www.kcredcross.org/general.asp?SN=5232&OP=5234&IDCapitulo=575X01B31I

Greg

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Greg in MO on September 09, 2010, 11:18:55 AM
The only one I know of is your wife... 

Generally, the ARC (Red Cross) provides lots of classes for CPR recert.

For KC area, check out: http://www.kcredcross.org/general.asp?SN=5232&OP=5234&IDCapitulo=575X01B31I

Greg

I have checked them out for their cpr/first aid classes, among others. Schedule conflicts abound, however, for me.

I figured there may very well be people in a similar position (wanting to attend, but can't for various reasons), and
thought perhaps a group of us could get together on a mutually agreeable weekend.

If we can do it, great. If there's not enough interest or an instructor, we'll have to make other arrangements.

cmidkiff

I'm a member of a CERT team (still in the process of finalizing our certification).  Their 'Disaster Medical Operations' teaches basic 1st aid... open airway, control bleeding, treat for shock.  CERT training is intended to keep 'em alive until 'real' help arrives.

If anyone is interested, CERT training manuals can be downloaded from:
http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/training_downloads.shtm#CERTSM

I was CPR certified years ago, I'd be interested in renewing that certification if the opportunity presented itself.

Greybeard

nemohunter

i am CPR and advanced first aid certified. have to be where i work. if you like i can contact the guy that does ours and see if he would do a group of instructors if you like.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

thursday

I am definitely interested in receiving first aid/CPR instruction if we are getting together a class, keep me posted. Thanks
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad