News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How much ammo for boot camp?????

Started by nemohunter, September 17, 2010, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemohunter

My wife will be attending Osage RBC in Oct. she has already shot rifleman and will be spending lots of time on the range. How much ammo will she need? got plenty of .22lr for her LTR but i need to know her needs for Centerfire.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

nemohunter

Ok i did some searching and it said 1000 .22lr and 500 CF is that right or more CF and less RF or more of both. i want her to be able to shoot as much as she wants to/can.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Xeyed

I'd even pack more rimfire ammo. Don't want the last day of bootcamp to become "dry fire" day.

But then I'd probably look at what I packed and then toss another bulk pack in for good measure.

You can always bring the extra  back home. But you can't always get it there.

Once you've learned what 500 Rounds of CF will teach you, it's time to it's time to let those lessons sink in.

YMMV

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

AFTERMATH

If she can already shoot Rifleman; most the .22lr work is over.  
1000rds of .22lr should be more than sufficient, but what's it hurt to pack more?  (1,000rds, is about 2 AS's worth) :--- :--- :---
Since she's got a jumpstart on the .22lr work; she should pack at least 1,000 of center-fire...  Perhaps, more wouldn't hurt. @)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Xeyed

I think that we all agree.

More is better.

Few things are sadder than an empty ammo can.
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Old Dog

Unless this one is different most RBCs last for 6 days (6 shooting days).

Of the six only 1 or maybe 1.5 require centerfire caliber (this is a bit of re-familiarization firing after shooting a .22 for a few days and then some known distance firing to get your sight adjustments for 100, 200, 300 and 400 followed by a full distance AQT and possibly some additional firing at other targets - depending on the range facilities). 

So, at between 200 and 300 rounds a day for the .22 for 4 to 5 days (.22 ammo is cheap enough that taking 1500 rounds won't break the bank) 1500 rounds should more than cover the .22 requirements.  For the centerfire you should be able to get by with 300 rounds - though you can certainly fire more, by using the centerfire rifle for more of the 25 meter shooting/training if you just like to shoot your big rifle more.

Most fun you'll have is shooting and learning to shoot your rifle better.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle