News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

St. Cloud shoot?

Started by Squib, September 06, 2010, 08:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squib

I heard there's talk of an appleseed in St. Cloud. Wondering if there's potential for that to happen 
Squib

russellmn

Find a range we can use!!! 
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

GRYPHON

the DPMS range is probably the biggest one around there. it would be really cool if they could.
"Those who have lost Freedom have nothing left to lose"

sparks1

I stopped by Sat. morning at 9am ...not open til 10am. So I left some AS flyers at the door. My sister-in-law is a member.

Not sure how their legal trouble is going. Sherburne County has suspended the use permit, or at least said they are in violation of it, by allowing the use of pistols. Permit says shotgun and rifle. Bill Luth was trying to work with the county on this and get it grandfathered in, then he got legal notice about allowing "select fire" wepons at the range. he immedialtely got an attorney. while never having allowed "select fire " weapons there, due to illegality, he has to answer these allegations. His business has been hurt by this. DPMS is right by the rifle range...I know their armorers test fire rifles in the shop into a catch barrel to prove fuuly auto fire. (Something like 20k rds and no malfunctions. A friend says it is so boring.

It may be a good time to approach with Appleseed, and it may be a Bad time to do the same. I have a feeling the political climate has prompted this , and maybe has some help from a neighbor or something similar. My opinion only.

I do know I was asked to be a RO for a Zombie Shoot and I declined. AAR photos showed people carrying rifles slung on their backs and pitchers of beer with glasses around the grounds of the range. Thank goodness I did not work as a RO. I can see that this maybe could have prompted some outrage by some people in the community and reining in del-tone is a consequence. BTW...photos were all over facebook of the Zombie Shoot with beer being carried around. NOT GOOD.
 Though an AS might be good for the range as far as PR goes. Get in good graces of the powers that be, and all that. Maybe approach them with that in mind and say something to the effect of inviting the Sherburne Cnty officials to an Appleseed to see. Remind them that youths, ladies, active military are free. They might do one bang up job of promoting this in the area.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Squib

Ya the DPMS would defineatly be the best. Let me know if it looks like its going to work out
Squib

Blackdog

I was in St Cloud on business a couple weeks ago and left flyers at several stores. No one had heard of Appleseed, but I did my best to educate 'em.  8) I got some word about Del Tone Range, but few specifics. I hope they get things ironed out. It appears to be the only public range in the area.

sparks1

Gander Mtn allows flyers, in fact welcomes them. Scheels will not allow them, but will let them in the employee break room.

Go figure..a chance to promote the shooting sports, sell ammo,possibly rifles, and they won't allow flyers. Marketing genius!
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Well get their employees on board then.

I wasn't supposed to be handing out any flyers at Arby's.  But that didn't stop me from slipping them into bags every once in while. >:D
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]