News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors Needed! Shortages and volunteers report here

Started by ItsanSKS, September 04, 2010, 08:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

I would like to SB this event, but I don't want to step on Phenrey's toe's.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

alkeford

Quote from: Joe-NFlorida on September 17, 2012, 11:07:59 PM
Thanks for the replies.

The shootboss was 9mm4545. He did not ask me about an orange hat, but I figure I will keep working at it until he does.  It may have been a time thing.  I did not shoot rifleman until the end of the day on Sunday when we started the Rapid Fire AQTs.  I can shoot fast and accurate, but I have some mobility problems on dropping into position for the sitting and prone.  Ironically I do much better on the RF because I can shoot quickly and get into the next position at my own slower pace, then shoot quick again to beat the time.  So, I shot the score the last three times, but the targets were being scored while we were taking down the pop up shade tarps to beat the coming rain storm.  There was just time to get the patch and run for the trucks.

I will see 9mm4545 again in Gainesville in Nov or in St Aug in Dec.  So, it can wait until the next shoot, I am not trying to rush things. I was just hoping to start studying the manual. The range instructions are a little different from what I used to use - so I figured I would get used to them.

Thanks again for the replies.

Joe
Hello Sir
We are hosting an IBC (instructor Boot Camp) on Nov. 17-18. we would gladly welcome you among our Cadre. If you go to Event Brite you can sign up there. This is the way to Fast track our program. If you have any Questions please contact me directly or 9mm4545.

Thank you for your service
Archie Bowen
alkeford@msn.com
727-492-3751
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

PHenry

Sly223 stepping on PHenry's little girly-man toes? Yikes!

Evidently Alkeford got to me first. He could sell sand in desert. Like a freight train - nothing can stop him.

Looks like we may end up with long line and will need all the help we can muster, or else you, me and Alkeford will be very busy fellows. There used to be this pretty lady instructor that worked Myakka. I can recall her shooting in pouring rain one day in particular. Brown hair, lovely smile - seems like she had a baby some time back. Sly - you know anyone that fits that description?

^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

I see BilloRites and Smoakin Gun have stepped up - they must not have noticed I was listed as SB. Phew! Close one.  ;D

Seriously, 9mm4545 was out there today to meet with range peeps and he feels that may cause even more to sign up. I think we are already at 36 - cap is 50. I mean really, ya'll know how I like to sit and point right? I could end up, well, I could end up, up and on my F E E T (had to spell it - hate to even say it out loud), working the firing line. What if I have to tell a strike? Agghhhhhh!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

We celebrated 12 years, yesterday! ^:)^
I did have her back one Sat. on my line we were in extream weather and she shot the highest score on the line with a 199.
She is working on the hand gun discipline to guard the babies when I'm gone!
I will ask her to double every year so,she will need to show up to a full weekend or two in 2013! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

stoneknives

Myakka on the 15/16 Dec is shaping up into a nice little shoot.

I know this is a tight family time of the year but if you have a day you can spare that weekend it would be much appreciated.

In Liberty :F

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

CrimsonGuardJay

Not sure exactly how to sign up to attend as IIT, but on May 19th I should be able to attend as instructor in training, at CFRPC in Orlando.

stoneknives

To sign up to work a shoot go to the TIPS section of this site, it's under the heading  INSTRUCTOR INFO. Click it, you will be redirected to the Instructor Tips section.

On the tool bar on the top of the page scroll over to Sign Up then click on Sign Up.

It's pretty self explanatory from that point.

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Daniel

I am an orange hat in pensacola and would love to help at the pensacola event. Ease send me the dates and info.
Retired USAF

ScubaSteve

Quote from: Daniel on April 26, 2023, 12:02:45 PM
I am an orange hat in pensacola and would love to help at the pensacola event. Ease send me the dates and info.

PM Inbound :)