News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors Needed! Shortages and volunteers report here

Started by ItsanSKS, September 04, 2010, 08:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marrandy

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8859.0

Sep 18-       Hernando County, FL     ItsanSKS/SB  marrandy (IIT1), douglas34474 (IIT3)  

Quote from: PHenry on September 09, 2010, 01:52:44 PM
Douglas,
I know 'SKS is SB - who's helping him out? I wish that I could pop up - even just to shoot some, but have RO duty at my range.

marrandy

Anyone else want to help for the One day at Hernando on Sep 18th ?

What about Pensacola.  That's a 8-hour drive from St. Petersburg for me.  I'll help if I have to but Myakka (1 Hr. 10 mins, 2Hrs. 20 round trip) and Hernando (1 hr. 40 mins and 3 Hr. 20 mins round trip)  are my local ranges.  

We need people more local to support these ranges where possible.  Its Just more efficient that way.

Regards...Martin

Quote from: marrandy on September 10, 2010, 01:48:15 AM

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8859.0

Sep 18-       Hernando County, FL     ItsanSKS/SB  marrandy (IIT1), douglas34474 (IIT3)  

Quote from: PHenry on September 09, 2010, 01:52:44 PM
Douglas,
I know 'SKS is SB - who's helping him out? I wish that I could pop up - even just to shoot some, but have RO duty at my range.

ThaiFighter

I'm in at Hernando,  I am waitng to be listed as SB for Ft Lauderdale.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

PHenry

We have two events at Pensacola. First one is same weekend as Ft. Lauderdale and it's ready to be canceled for lack of staffing - I'll either have to run it myself or make the call to cut it shortly. I have made a plea to AL for help, but Bama is tied up and no other takers have stepped up as yet.

It's an 8 hour drive for me, so I understand that it is a tough row to hoe. If I call to cancel it, Florida will drop below goal, as we are at "0" right now for Project 1000 (See website), so I ma just suck it up and work it back to back after Myakka the weekend before. Anyone wanna ride with me?  :sos:

Anyone up for seeing the panhandle?  :cool2:

PH

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

marrandy

'll go with you the 4/5th if no one else steps up Trey.

PHenry

Marrandy,
Ah yes, I can see it now - hired "guns" in from out of town to bring the heritage to the panhandle. If it falls upon us to do this orphaned task, we can ride together to save fuel. Been some time since I drove 8 hours straight - at least without diving at the other end and since I near gave that hobby up for Appleseeds - been a long time any way I slice it.

We'd have to leave fairly early on Friday to get there in time to set up line - or leave midday just to git there in time to sleep long enough to get up early enough to set line up early on Sat. As it is a new venue to me and we will be horribly short staffed - best to set up line Friday PM and get lay of land, so to speak.

As to leaving - not the man I like to pretend I once was, so not sure if I could safely make trek home after event on Sunday - either we try and trade off driving, or leave following AM.

Thanks,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

marrandy

We are talking 4/5th December...right.

Yes, we can take turns driving.  I'm used to doing 8-12 hours.

At this point in time, Friday the 3rd December would be OK to travel up.

That's of course, unless some  'locals'  from nearby Al, LA and GA  show-up.

I'll PM the Two guys close by to see what they are up to.

Quote from: PHenry on September 14, 2010, 01:44:46 PM
Marrandy,
Ah yes, I can see it now - hired "guns" in from out of town to bring the heritage to the panhandle. If it falls upon us to do this orphaned task, we can ride together to save fuel. Been some time since I drove 8 hours straight - at least without diving at the other end and since I near gave that hobby up for Appleseeds - been a long time any way I slice it.

We'd have to leave fairly early on Friday to get there in time to set up line - or leave midday just to git there in time to sleep long enough to get up early enough to set line up early on Sat. As it is a new venue to me and we will be horribly short staffed - best to set up line Friday PM and get lay of land, so to speak.

As to leaving - not the man I like to pretend I once was, so not sure if I could safely make trek home after event on Sunday - either we try and trade off driving, or leave following AM.

Thanks,
PH

douglas34474

The range set up the line the last time we were there. (PC)

I am slated to run down with Clinnon on the 2 & 3 of Oct to Lauderdale. It really makes no dif which one I go to, it just leaves Clinnon with a 7 hour drive by herself if I go to PC.

I hate to see us cancel an event.

See what bodies we have and let me know.

spmcpeek

I'm still working on my schedule to see if I can SB the Pensacola shoot on the 2-3 of OCT.

PHenry

spmcpeek
Don't tease me now.  ^:)^

It would be great if you can do it, but I have near resolved myself to making it happen if I must. Back to back events are hard on me, but good for my delivery.  ;D

We have a couple IITs ready to assist either way - God bless every one of them.

Please to keep me posted as I will need to make reservations soon.

Many thanks,
PH

9mm4545

Been away tending to my dad in the hospice in Arkansas for the last several weeks. Back in FL (for now) and would like to help out. I could do Fort Lauderdale Oct 2-3 if help is still needed. It is a >5 hr. drive so I would have to go on Friday and would need some place to stay on Fri and Sat. Any suggestions? Let me know if you want me to come pitch in and I'll gas up and go. Bruce
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

bill o rites

i am available after sept.25   central florida can go north or south ^:)^ bill o rites
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

PHenry

9mm4545 & bill o rites,
Many thanks for stepping up - you're sorely needed!

9mm - ThaiFighter is SB for Ft. Laud - PM him for accomm details and then IS to get on schedule.

bill - Please look at instructor schedule and pick any and all dates that you can handle - much appreciated sir.

We got a tough roe to hoe coming up.

Thanks agin,
PH

ThaiFighter

From a proximity standpoint, it looks like Bill's closer to Ft Lauderdale.  If I recall right, I think either event would be about the same amt of travel for Bruce.  All other things equal, I would be right happy to have either or both of you with me in Ft Lauderdale, but I don't want to draw down our talent pool so far that another event would suffer.   I will call Pop's tomorrow and make sure we have range accommodations.  There is an air mattress friendly admin trailer with a/c,  hopefully we can use it again.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone at this event. Last time was a sellout.  THis trip, we've got 12 registered 2 weeks in advance.  I am really looking forward to this.  :---    
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

bill o rites

just pm'd instructor sch. for  ft lauderdale 10/2-3/2010  bill o rites :---
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

9mm4545

Thanks bill-o-rites!  :bow: If Ft. Lauderdale has coverage enough, I will instead be doing an event locally to benefit the candidate running for the 3rd congressional district. The incumbent of 18 years represents all that is wrong with our government today and I am doing everything I can to see that unhappy situation change. After the election in November, time will be a bit more free and I would like to do much more Appleseeding. In any event, I hope to see some of you in St. Augustine in October. Huzzah!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

ThaiFighter

good on you brother Bruce...

see you at St Aug in October! :)

Look forward to seeing u  Bill!  U still up for a DOM/BW presentation?

-GBS

bill o rites

i will do my best roy :D

ThaiFighter

9mm4545...

Pensacola is still sorely in need of quality ppl like yourself...

We have a shoot boss from 'bama, we owe it to him to support him with the best staff possible.  Last time we were at P'cola it was a full line of 50.  We needed LSO's and RSO's.  I have a pm in to Lady Zipper, who is an excellent IIT and fine all around ppl,  but we need more capable bodies to bring this off proper!

I could use a spare red hat in Ft Lauderdale.  I have a full and talented IIT crew, but if something happens to me, I'd need another red hat in reserve.  We are up to 19 of 32 sold, I have no doubt we'll be sold out by the time the event comes off!  ..:..

W    

-GBS

9mm4545

TF,
Sorry about the delayed response but what I was afraid of came to pass and my father, ailing for years, finally passed on to a better world Sunday morning. We drove for two days and are now in Arkansas to support my mom and sister. It would be unlikely that I could be in Pensacola by next weekend so I will have to reluctantly pass up that event. I will most certainly be in St. Augustine and Bunnell and can easily help out in the Volusia events coming up. I will get with instructor scheduling as soon as I get back from the current ordeal and get onto the events through the winter. Sorry I can't be there in Pensacola. Bruce

PHenry

9mm4545,
No apology needed sir. You take care of your kin now. I know that I speak for all of us here, when I offer my deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences sir. I lost my own father about three and half years back and I still miss him.
Take care and take your time. I look forward to working with you again.
PH

ThaiFighter

That is sad news indeed Bruce.  

Family always comes first.  My heart goes out to you and your family.  We look forward to seeing you again when you are ready.

-GBS

9mm4545

Thanks for the kind words everyone. My father taught me how to shoot and instilled a love for firearms and liberty. In his honor I have signed up for another AS event. AS came along just a bit late for him to become involved but I know if he was able, he would be there with us. In going through old photos, I came across a shot of my Dad teaching me to shoot with a pump action .22. I was 4 years old at the time. Wish I still had that old Winchester... Wish I still had my Dad too...

9mm4545

Correction: I was 8 years old at the time. The pickup truck was 4 years old! Don't know about the Winchester.

ItsanSKS

My sincerest condolences Bruce.  

QuoteIn going through old photos, I came across a shot of my Dad teaching me to shoot with a pump action .22. I was 4 years old at the time. Wish I still had that old Winchester... Wish I still had my Dad too...

The memories of a shared passion are some that will stay with you.  As is often heard around here, "To Remember, is to Honor".  Hold on to those memories.  Cherish the moments that you both shared, and he will be with you forever.  In this manner, he will be with you always- an ever-present companion, able to advise and console in moments of need, and able to share in moments of triumph and success.  

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, and I sincerely hope ya'll are doing okay.  You should know by now that you are part of the family here, and I am confident that I can speak for us all in saying that if you should need anything, you have but to ask.  We're here for ya, through thick and thin.

I look forward to seeing you again on the trail, and hope that you will join us again very soon.

-ItsanSKS

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ItsanSKS

It is with my sincerest apologies that I have to announce that I will be on temporary hiatus from Appleseed-related activities. 

Many of you have already noticed that I have not answered emails or returned for about the last week or so. 

In that time, and for the foreseeable future, I am working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Thankfully, this stretch of work is allowing me to catch up on some long-neglected bills.  Unfortunately, I have zero time for anything unrelated to work. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  If you REALLY need to get in touch with me, you may be able to do so via cell phone. 

Until such time as I am able to return to my regularly scheduled duties, and my SC responsibilities, I ask that you please contact PHenry, Marrandy, Willorith, or ThaiFighter. 

Thank you for your understanding,

ItsanSKS

PS: any of you SB's reading this, I could REALLY use someone to step in for me up in St. Augustine- I just don't think me taking the weekend off is going to fly with my employer- its crunch time, and the job HAS to be done by Nov. 6th.  We're working 7-10's until its done, with some days working 12 hours.....
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

marrandy

Hi Eric.

I'll try and help as, and when, I can.

All the best...Martin.

Catch you later.

theri

I am scheduled to work as an IIT at the St Augustine event next weekend.  Please let me know who will be the Shoot Boss.  I live 30 minutes away from the St Augustine range so I can do anything needed on Friday afternoon or evening and Saturday early morning to help set up.

I am ready to do whatever I can for this event.  Just let me know.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

ThaiFighter

I got ya bro...

if we can get another redhat for a backup JIC, I'd appreciate it.

-GBS

marrandy

With Eric (itsansks)  out for a month, it has come to my attention that we have ranges and dates, but are missing Shoot Boss and Instructors.  Below is the current listings till the end of the year that are not yet staffed.

Can everyone check their calendars and commit to these events.

EDITED WITH attendees 17:11 Mon 11th October 2010

Oct 23-24     Myakka City, FL             /SB  willorith, BrownBess(IIT) Sly223 (IIT2)    -   2/50
Oct 23-24     New Smyrna Beach, FL     /SB  bill o rites (IIT2), 9mm4545(IIT2)            -   ??? unlisted
Nov 06-07    Bunnell, FL                     /SB  9mm4545 (IIT2), marrandy (IIT1)           -   28/29
Nov 6-7        Fort Lauderdale, FL             /SB                                                                  -   ??? unlisted
Nov 13-14    New Smyrna Beach, FL     /SB                                                                  -   0/10
Nov 20-        Hernando County, FL     /SB                                                                  -   0/60
Dec 04-05    Pensacola, FL                     /SB  marrandy (IIT1), gcvaughn (IIT)              -   1/50
Dec 12-19    Myakka (RCR) RBC, FL      /SB                                                                   -   6/30
Dec 18-19    Myakka (RCR), FL            /SB  DrJohn                                                      -   0/30

Thanks...Martin