News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rocky Creek Ranch RBC is official

Started by ItsanSKS, September 02, 2010, 08:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Thats right, the week you've been waiting for is scheduled. 

Dates: December 12th through 19th

Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16530.0

Register Now!:  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/832190103%20%20%20%20%20%20

I'm hoping to have a new flier made up, specifically for this event.  If any of you have ideas or artistic ability, let me know (the sooner the better!)

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

9mm4545

My wife and I are signed up and ready to go! Can you tell us more about the camping or lodging arrangements? I can get access to a popup camper from a friend or we might consider either the bunk house or lodge. Costs, availability? Oh boy, trigger time!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

ThaiFighter

hmmm, instructor or shooter.... instructor or shooter....

someone really needs to set up an instructor KD shoot before we do this so I can get it out of my system and focus on being an instructor!  >:D  :---
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

PHenry

TF,
I think u just volunteered yerself sir. Any ideas? I see a KDCIT shift in your immediate future sir.  :cool2:

I have always wanted to attend an RBC - since I first began reading Fred's articles in '05, but I suspect that I will be assisting on the line for this one. All good either way, so long as I git to be surrounded by Patriots for a week.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Heimdhal

To all attending, I wish yall the best of luck, both shooter and instructer alike.  It looks like we have alot of appleseeders ready to go for an RBC, so it should be a great turn out for yall.  O0

PHenry

Heimdahl,
Only of we git the word out properly. We need at least 30 students to make this event match the venue and place Florida on the RBC map.  :--- :--- :---
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Heimdhal

Quote from: PHenry on September 09, 2010, 10:59:44 AM
Heimdahl,
Only of we git the word out properly. We need at least 30 students to make this event match the venue and place Florida on the RBC map.  :--- :--- :---

Im sure we can do it. I'll start chatting up some more locals for sure, but I think we can scrounge up 30 appleseeders.  Even if we have to send Thai Fighter to their house and drag em on out to the range.  He probably wouldnt even have to drag em, I think they would just see him and decide its best to go on their own accord.  ~~:)

hornblower

The information given in the recent newsletter is different than the information given on this site in the Rifleman's Bootcamp section.

The Rifleman's Boot Camp section quotes "Food $30 per day, Range Fee $20 per day, and Registration Fee $200".

The newletter quotes the following:

"The range fee is $25/person for the entire event.  The cost for the full week will be only $240 and will include three full meals per day."

If the newletter information is correct, the information under the Rifleman's Boot Camp section should be updated.

Am I correct in assuming that you will be assigning "roommates" for those wishing to use the Lodge?

Thank you.

PHenry

hb,
This is ItsanSKS's baby, so I will let him answer your questions.

I do know that we are having trouble locating a front-end loader for berm building. Any idears? We need to git a 15-20' berm, at least 120' long built.

PH

ItsanSKS

HB-

An email has been sent to Chris for clarification.  As soon as I have the answer, I will post back here, and see to it that any changes are made ASAP.

With regards to the lodging in the guest house:
I believe that your presumption is correct, in that those staying in the lodge will have a room-mate assigned.  Chris would also be the best person to contact on this matter. 

Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but I am sure if you give Chris a call, he would be able to set you right.  As soon as I get a response, I will post the information here.

-Eric
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

AdobeWalls

I registered for this event, reserved space at bunkhouse through Chris, and will be attending.

Richard
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

marrandy

Well, We just got a series of unexpected bills over the past 8-days that came to around $5,500, which I won't go into but I am really pissed.

So there goes...

The RBC

My reloading plans.

My custom, 1,500 yard plus rifle.

I might be able to pop in for a day to the RBC, but that's it.

By the way, I'm looking for a real job as IT consulting has gone down the tubes the last 9-months.  So if anyone has any contacts for anyone that needs BSD, Linux, UNIX server/system installation, support, security audits, etc.  let me know.

I hope to catch up on the Forum improvements as I've spent a lot of time looking after family.

PHenry

marrandy,
Well that stinks. You know I will do anything I can for you. I have a great tent and would support you out of my trailer for anything else needed. Could likely spare some .223 as well and I have a couple cases of MREs. :)

Heimdhal

Quote from: marrandy on October 20, 2010, 10:01:38 PM
Well, We just got a series of unexpected bills over the past 8-days that came to around $5,500, which I won't go into but I am really pissed.

So there goes...

The RBC

My reloading plans.

My custom, 1,500 yard plus rifle.

I might be able to pop in for a day to the RBC, but that's it.

By the way, I'm looking for a real job as IT consulting has gone down the tubes the last 9-months.  So if anyone has any contacts for anyone that needs BSD, Linux, UNIX server/system installation, support, security audits, etc.  let me know.

I hope to catch up on the Forum improvements as I've spent a lot of time looking after family.

Sorry to hear that brother.  Im in a similar boat.  Hopefully there will be another one before this time next year and well get out shoot on then! :--- :---

AdobeWalls

Change in situation: Costly medical problems in the family, which means I am suddenly short, and cannot attend this event, lo siento.  But will regroup and work toward next IBC in Florida.  Life has its ups and downs, but we will persist.
Meanwhile, I have been reading the things posted by Marrandy for new instructors and they are clear, well organized, direct and concise.  Great job.  We need him!  Whatever you are putting in his drinking water, it's working.
Richard McNelis
AdobeWallsOfFla
Tallahassee FL
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

PHenry

Attention RBC attendees:

I would highly recommend that all get a copy of Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fisher ASAP and read it through. Also, please see attached docs - print them out and study up to make your time at RBC more productive.

See you soon,
PHenry

douglas34474

I may be able to make it if everything goes as planned. Yea right, like that's going to happen.

Anyway, doubt I can make the entire event, but will try to get there for what ever I can get.

hornblower

Following is from the advertisement for the Boot Camp:

Myakka City, FL Rifleman Boot Camp - Dec 12-19, 2010
Dec 12, 2010 8:30 am | Sunday to Dec 19, 2010 4:00 pm | Sunday

I wrote to Chris Baden saying that I would be arriving on Saturday afternoon at about 4:30pm.

He responded that the first meal would be Sunday evening.

So I am confused.

If the Boot Camp starts as advertised, what do we do for breakfast and lunch?

If it starts on Monday morning, December 13, at 8:30am, the information should be changed and sent to all who have signed up.

hornblower

Sent last night

POP

To All:
When posting to all threads on the RWVA Forum, please consider CPR (Civility, Politeness, and, Respect), qualities which I find in all Appleseeders, and post accordingly.  We are now in the midst of Christmas Season, a time of year when we should perhaps be even more mindful of life's stresses than usual. 

hornblower:
If you would like to visit with me about your experience perhaps I can help.  PM Inbound.

Thank all of you for your consideration of CPR.  Let's stay on Mission.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

PHenry

Not sure about when meal plan starts, but I will find out ASAP. Not a big issue either way, as I can bring chow to git all of us started. I am bringing travel trailer with all comforts of home (not so roomy as lodge, but does have surround sound and lodge does not! - yet).

Anyway, I'll git with Chris and report back. Sunday AM is official start of event.

PH

RPD

Quote from: PHenry on November 30, 2010, 01:11:45 PM
Attention RBC attendees:

I would highly recommend that all get a copy of Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fisher ASAP and read it through. Also, please see attached docs - print them out and study up to make your time at RBC more productive.

See you soon,
PHenry

I won't be attending the RBC, but downloaded and reviewed the docs.  They are well done.
Thank you,
RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Old Glory!

Quote from: AdobeWallsOfFla on November 30, 2010, 08:11:16 AM
Change in situation: Costly medical problems in the family, which means I am suddenly short, and cannot attend this event, lo siento.  But will regroup and work toward next IBC in Florida.  Life has its ups and downs, but we will persist.
Meanwhile, I have been reading the things posted by Marrandy for new instructors and they are clear, well organized, direct and concise.  Great job.  We need him!  Whatever you are putting in his drinking water, it's working.
Richard McNelis
AdobeWallsOfFla
Tallahassee FL

I am sure this is going to be a most excellent Appleseed RBC.   Wish I could be there; for more reasons than one!

If you have registered and for some reason cannot attend, please make your cancellation official by e-mailing info@appleseedinfo.org.

Yottnottin be cancelling ~~:)  Yottbe-attendin O0

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

PHenry

OG,
I like that - Yottnotin be canceling :)

I checked meal plan and Chris is planning on first meal Sunday dinner, so I'll look to bring some chow for all until then.
PH

Heimdhal

any updates from our boys and girls roughing it out out there?   ;) :---

PHenry

Roughing it?

Not exactly.

AAR to follow!

Heimdhal

Quote from: PHenry on December 19, 2010, 01:39:04 PM
Roughing it?

Not exactly.

AAR to follow!

Then you're slacking PHenry!  SLACKING I TELL YA!  ~~:) ~~:)

Sly223

The most exilerating exausting time of my life will expound when time allows@! :~ :--- :wb: ~~:) :bow:
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

NHale

Quote from: PHenry on December 19, 2010, 01:39:04 PM

AAR to follow!

...this is worse than waiting for ice cream.
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

smoakingun

O0 AWESOME!!!! The best week I have had in a long time.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson