News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotion around Hinckley area

Started by adamt, August 22, 2010, 10:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamt

I was up at the range today (8-22.) I stopped by the Bargain Buys and put a flier on there bulletin board. Hopefully someone will see it. I also talked to a couple of folks at the range. One guy was shooting a M1 Garand. He talked about being on a army squad years ago shooting a M14. He seemed interested in Appleseed, we will see if he shows up.

Other than posting fliers in the gas stations I am not sure where else to put them. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I do seem to pass by there at least once a month. As stated in previous places, it would be nice to start to draw in some locals.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Good work!

I had at one point put a flyer up at every place with a bulletin board....  Don't know how many are left.
Perhaps the pawn shop - don't know how much draw we'd get.
Stop in the bar, order a Sam Adams.  Let 'em know it's the only beer aproved by the founding fathers.  >:D
See what kind of response you get. ;)

I've got listings on the community events sections of all the local newspaper websites I know of.
I've probed the local radio stations; only heard back from one, all they had for me was a price.  :'(

Maybe we're going about it wrong.  We're trying to draw them in.  Perhaps we should just drag them in. >:D
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]