News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cornell (by Escanaba) Sept. 4/5th

Started by bedford, August 10, 2010, 02:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedford

Hi, there are 4 spots left out of 10 for the Appleseed at Cornell. It is a full distance shoot, and since it is a small class, it should be a great time to learn shooting longer distances if you haven't done so before. I expect to have a couple of experienced NRA high power shooters there to help teach reading the wind, which you probably won't get at a bigger class.  I hope to see you there!

dragonfly

This looks like it will be a great shoot at a super range. Pretty drive and a great place for Appleseeding  8) .

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

No instructors signed up yet either, hmm I might just have to look at my schedule  :~ .

dragonfly 8)

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Old Glory!

Cornell?    ???   

ESCANABA!!!     ^:)^

Now that just sounds like a place you'd wanna border raid go.   >:D
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

bedford

Interesting history: not only did the U.P. belong to Wisconsin territory, but the states of Minnesota,  Iowa, and parts of the Dakotas as well. Here is an interesting article about this: http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/254409
Of special note is the "Rump Council"  :o

Old Glory!

Hi all,
I have submitted this to the Escanaba newspaper with a couple of pictures

http://www.dailypress.net/page/category.detail/nav/5003/News.html

APPLESEED:  A rifle marksmanship and American Heritage Program

On September 4-5, 2010 the Revolutionary War Veteran's Association will be conducting an APPLESEED rifle marksmanship clinic at The Superior Game Ranch Sportsman's Range in Cornell, MI where all the skills of the American Rifleman will be taught;  prone, seated and standing positions, 6 steps to firing the shot, natural point of aim, zeroing your rifle and more.   The true stories surrounding the events of April 19, 1775 will be told; the date that marksmanship met history and Liberty was born.   

For more information about Appleeed and to register for this event go to www.appleseedinfo.org.   Or you may call Laurie at 608 356-6476.   Registration for 2 days is $70. or 1 day $45.  Women, kids under 21, or active military attend FREE.

Also asked Trisha to submit some Appleseed links/information to the club for their website. 

We can watch the pre-registration numbers.  When it sells out, we could bump it up to 20 and do relays!
..:..

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Cooper

Odd...
I've owned a 10 acre hunting camp in Cornell for 15 years, and never heard of The Superior Game Ranch Sportsman's Range.  I haven't spent much time up there in the last few years, so maybe it's new...  I'll be at the Winona AS that weekend, otherwise I'd come and check it out.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Janelle

I looked d'em up, ant dey look like one-a dem "lets make money off da rich people" places dat springup in da UP.
Their KD range is less than a mile from my camp, and you pass the road to my property on CR426 (where there is a bend in an otherwise totally straight road).  I don't recognize their road signage, and sure as shootin' would have hear the gunfire, so it must be relatively new.  I emailed a old friend that lives nearby with a link to the flyer page.  Doug and his wife Debbie are great Appleseed prospects...
Janelle

Gordon

Tic Toc --- this event is just over two weeks out. Any takers yet? It's getting close to time to decide.

bedford

Quote from: Janelle on August 18, 2010, 09:07:25 PM
I looked d'em up, ant dey look like one-a dem "lets make money off da rich people" places dat springup in da UP.
Their KD range is less than a mile from my camp, and you pass the road to my property on CR426 (where there is a bend in an otherwise totally straight road).  I don't recognize their road signage, and sure as shootin' would have hear the gunfire, so it must be relatively new.  I emailed a old friend that lives nearby with a link to the flyer page.  Doug and his wife Debbie are great Appleseed prospects...
Janelle

Yeah, the UP is sure loaded with rich people!  &)

I am not sure how long they have been there, but it has been >5 years, as I have friends that who have shot matches there.

And, BTW, they are loaded with a lot of talented shooters, many who have won regional matches, shot at Camp Perry, etc. They are eager to have us come there, and 3 master class shooters who have offered to help teach....

Cooper

Quote from: bedford on August 19, 2010, 10:33:43 AM
Quote from: Janelle on August 18, 2010, 09:07:25 PM
Janelle

Yeah, the UP is sure loaded with rich people!  &)

It's meant to bring the trolls up from under the bridge, the bankers, lawyers, CEO-types from SE Michigan and the politicos from Chicago.  Al Capone used to stay at the Ludington House in Esky on his way to his private "game preserve" northwest of Marquette.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

russellmn

Now, if a guy were to come from MN, blow right through WI, and work this shoot in MI, would that be considered a double border raid???   ++)   either way, this guy's on the list!   O0
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

AFTERMATH

Quote from: russellmn on August 26, 2010, 09:14:07 AM
Now, if a guy were to come from MN, blow right through WI, and work this shoot in MI, would that be considered a double border raid???   ++)   either way, this guy's on the list!   O0

Hmmm....  As stated; I wouln't think so. :-\
However, if said boarder raider were to post a flyer in Wisconsin; I do believe that would count!
Especially, if it were a Minnesota flyer.  >:D
Then you post a MN flyer and a WI flyer in MI
Then you've done two for MN and one for WI; plus you've raided MI
So....  That would be like 4 boarder-raids!
Then you take some MI flyers and post them on your way back, in each state.  That's two more!
Logically, that would be 6 boarder raids, right? ::)
You'd be like a sextuple agent. 8)

I like the way you think.  O0

Aftermath

p.s. You could be nice and post some WI flyers in WI as well.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

dragonfly

Quote from: AFTERMATH on August 30, 2010, 01:39:14 AM
Quote from: russellmn on August 26, 2010, 09:14:07 AM

Hmmm....  As stated; I wouln't think so. :-\
However, if said boarder raider were to post a flyer in Wisconsin; I do believe that would count!
Especially, if it were a Minnesota flyer.  >:D
Then you post a MN flyer and a WI flyer in MI
Then you've done two for MN and one for WI; plus you've raided MI
So....  That would be like 4 boarder-raids!
Then you take some MI flyers and post them on your way back, in each state.  That's two more!
Logically, that would be 6 boarder raids, right? ::)
You'd be like a sextuple agent. 8)

I like the way you think.  O0

Aftermath

p.s. You could be nice and post some WI flyers in WI as well.

Thats not keeping it simple   ;)  That sounds like alot of work  :) . Post the national tri-fold with both WI and MN inserts  :cool2:

D-fly   @)

K.I.S.S.

AFTERMATH

You can't really expect a sextuple boarder-raid to be that simple can you?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Old Glory!

Didn't ya'll get the memo?   There IS no WI/MI border.  It's all WI now. >:D

Russell, we have a case of trifold flyers already packed for your trip home...since you'll probably be out by the time you get to Cornell, WI.

russellmn

So I'm loading up and hitting the road about noon Friday, should put me in Cornell around 6pm...  anyone gonna be around about then?  Need help setting up the range?  Anyway, I'll be there. 

If anyone needs me to bring anything, or otherwise needs to get ahold of me while I head across the north end of WI, my phone # is 218-393-4735 feel free to call or text.
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Old Glory!

Russell,
CC and I will be there between 8-9 p.m.  Got your number.  We'll give you a call when we're on the road. 
OG

russellmn

Sounds good OG...  looks more like it'll be 8 or 9 for me as well, meeting a guy before I go and he can't get here 'til noon so...  I'll get there regardless...  will be a little tired though (work night shift, just got home) 
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

dragonfly

I think you guy's are going to really enjoy this one . Its going to be a great weekend  8) .

D-fly   Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.