News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Wallingford - October 30/31, 2010 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, August 08, 2010, 11:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Wallingford Appleseed (October 30-31, 2010)
Last Updated: October 24, 2010

Event Information

Date:October 30/31, 2010
Shoot Boss:TOMINCT, vernic82 (SBIT)
Instructors/IITs:CortJestir, The Log, fprintf, glennz, glock23, Jonymo (Sat only)
Pre-Registrations: 46/50
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16033.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/802934599
Flyer Download:
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0
Special Blue Trail Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15908.0;attach=33371

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to range's owner (TOMINCT)
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats needed Welcome
  • Orange Hats needed Welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies (TOMINCT)
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

• 8/17: Event posted at CTShooting.com (Thanks, Glock23!)
  • 8/17: Event posted to CT Appleseed Facebook Page (CortJestir)
  • 9/20: Flyers dropped off at Hoffman's Gun Exchange (TOMINCT)
  • 9/21: Flyers dropped off at Blue Trail Range (TOMINCT)
  • 9/24: Blue Trail Range starts their promo campaign
  • 9/20: Flyers dropped off at Hoffman's Gun Exchange (TOMINCT)
  • 9/23: Flyers dropped off at Cabelas (Glennz)
  • 9/23: Flyers dropped off at K-5 Arms Exhange (Glennz)
  • 9/29: Flyers posted at New Haven Sportsman's Club (CortJestir)
  • 9/29: Event posted at northeastshooters.com (CortJestir)

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

CortJestir

Well, this one's close enough for a Dashboard. Hoping to get the Host App back this week and get the promo going ASAP!

Good going, Tom. Thanks for all your help on this one.

The Log

I'll start spreading the word! I've got at least 3 or 4 people at work that want to go to an AS but have been put off by the drive. And I'll sign my two older kids up for sure. Look, that's 5 already -we're 10% of the way to a sell out right off the bat. O0
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

CortJestir

This one is on, folks! Our first shoot in New Haven County! Our first shoot in Southern CT! And our largest shoot to date!

Fill the line. Fill the line. Fill the line.

Let's get the promo machine going for all our events in the fall/winter, but we need a more concerted effort in Fairfield County to promo this specific shoot. CaptMac, I'll be PM'ing you about getting flyers posted in your neck of the woods.

Glock23

Event posted at CTShooting.com.
Going to start planning to come to this one, maybe even 7th step. The range fee is a little steep, but I guess we all have to do our part to Save Blue Trail Range!

The Log

Signed up to instruct, and just signed my two older kids up for the shoot. I'll be 7th Stepping some folks at work next week. Let's fill the lines!!!

fprintf

If'n I did it correctly, I am signed up to instruct @ this event. It looks like my buddy Larry and his son Jack may be signing up also for this, their second event.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

bielinski

[ :sos: What is a RIMFIRE and the schedule of events cost of the weekend at the trail???

The Log

For all practical purposes, it means .22LR only. Although if I recall correctly, .17WMR is rimfire too. Regardless, because this will be a short range, we'll be limited to the lower-power rifles. If you need a loaner rifle, we generally have them available, but you can't count on it. For example, all my loaner rifles are accounted for during this shoot. If you need help buying a rifle, PM or post and we'll gladly advise you on how to build a Liberty Training Rifle (LTR).

The cost for both days is $70 unless you're under 21, female, active-duty military, or an elected official, in which case you shoot for free. One day is $45, but if you choose to attend only one day, be advised that Saturday is when we do the majority of the instruction. Also, there's a $15 range fee per person per day, regardless of age/sex/etc. Paying ahead is cheaper than paying at the door, but I forget the difference.

Hope to see you there!

CortJestir

Alrighty folks, TOMINCT had a good idea of creating a special flyer specific for this shoot, seeing as how we really need to make sure this line is filled to the brim. (We need to make sure every line is filled to the brim actually... ;))

See the original post to download the Special Blue Trail flyer and fire up those copy machines!

Thanks all,
CJ

The Log

Nice flyer! I'll be handing out a couple of copies at work today.

CT crew - what's our status with loaner rifles? If my dad comes as planed, all my rifles will be spoken for, and there are some people at work that would like to attend but don't have a rifle. I know Dick's has 795s on sale this week for $125 before a $25 rebate, but adding $100 on top of $100 for the weekend makes it prohibitive for some people. If I knew how we were fixed for loaners, I might be able to persuade a few more folks.

fprintf

Quote from: 2paranoid on September 13, 2010, 09:27:40 AM
Nice flyer! I'll be handing out a couple of copies at work today.

CT crew - what's our status with loaner rifles? If my dad comes as planed, all my rifles will be spoken for, and there are some people at work that would like to attend but don't have a rifle. I know Dick's has 795s on sale this week for $125 before a $25 rebate, but adding $100 on top of $100 for the weekend makes it prohibitive for some people. If I knew how we were fixed for loaners, I might be able to persuade a few more folks.

Ordinarily I would have two rifles to loan, but my nephew and son will likely be there. This weekend, the 18th and 19th of September, they are open for usage. But Wallingford, I don't think so unfortunately.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

CortJestir

David Lyman from BTR had some good recommendations for the BTR flyer. So please see the OP for a new version. If you've printed out and made copies of the old one, just go ahead and use them up before using the new ones.

Thanks,
CJ

fprintf

I am having some difficulty recruiting some of my regular prospects... since this is Halloween weekend, and they know things tend to run long on Sunday it is requiring a little more convincing of Dad or Mom to attend this event. We shall see how it goes... it might be an old guy/gal weekend only. I know my 12 year old nephew has already said his Mom or Dad need to come pick him up @ 3 so he can get ready for trooping the neighborhood.

TOMINCT

3 or 4 should work on Sunday without to many surprises. Some folks start going if they have a distance anyhow. A lot of shooting/instruction can be had in that time frame.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

The Log

Ditto on the Trick or Treating problem here too - no worries, though; my kids will be taking off a little early. They're both planning to shoot Rifleman the first day anyway...

Promotional efforts: my wife posted an invitation on CT Homeschool Inclusives, a Yahoo! mail group for Connecticut homeschoolers. Hopefully the board's moderator will actually be "inclusive" and not kill the post - there's a bit of a "guns are bad" vibe in the HS community in general. We'll see how that goes.

And I got my Dad to commit to going! A three-generation shoot!! How cool is that? So I'll be bringing three shooters for sure, and possibly 4 or 5 more from work if everyone comes through for me. Still working on them - hard to do without getting pushy and turning them off.  &)

The Log

The homeschoolers are coming through for us - signed up two already, and I have serious inquiries from another family looking to send two kids.  ..:..

CortJestir

Good going on the promo push everyone, but we only upped by 5 shooters in the past 3 weeks.  :-\

I'm sure this week will be a good a one judging by all the recent responses, but we really need to pour on the effort here...

If the hang-up for those with kids is Halloween, tell 'em they can leave at 3 or 4 on Sunday, as Tom has recommended. No harm, no foul on this particular shoot.

CortJestir

21 more pre-reg's in 2 weeks! That's what I'm talking about! Good job on the quick response with this one. Keep up the steady push to bring more to the line, folks. We're getting closer to selling it out!  O0

fprintf

Congratulations to all our new Riflemen and Riflewoman. And a huge congratulations and thank you to our new Orange Hats and our new Red Hat. Way to go everyone!  Thanks for a safe shoot.

Edit:  After Action Report here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18124.0