News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PROMO-OP: Impending gun shows!

Started by Kosciusko, August 06, 2010, 10:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosciusko

Anybody got any interest in having an Appleseed table at the ZVAC gun show ?

Rochester, MN

August 28-29, Olmsted County Fairgrounds, Graham Arena Complex

I plan on being there, probably Saturday morning until noon-ish.  Or until I run out of cash, or there's nothing more to ogle.  

If we have no table, I will be walking around wearing our  T-shirt and handing  out materials to those who show an interest.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: kmk on August 06, 2010, 10:44:40 PM

Anybody got any interest in having an Appleseed table at the ZVAC gun show ?

Rochester, MN

August 28-29, Olmsted County Fairgrounds, Graham Arena Complex

I plan on being there, probably Saturday morning until noon-ish.  Or until I run out of cash, or there's nothing more to ogle. 

If we have no table, I will be walking around wearing our  T-shirt and handing  out materials to those who show an interest.

Is anyone interested???  Is anyone interested???  Is anyone interested???

Of course we are!
I don't know of one red-blooded Appleseeder who wouldn't be interested!

Get a table....
We'll get it staffed!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Kosciusko

I'll look into it Monday.

There is also an MWCA show in Forest Lake the week before, but that's the same time as the Rochester Appleseed, and I'm signed up for the firing line..    I think the MWCA is a bigger show than ZVAC, plus it will draw from the TC metro area.  Anybody want to tackle that one?

adamt

I have already seen chatter about various shows and I figured I would start at least a partial list. Being from around the Metro, I can list the local ones.

M.W.C.A
Minnesota weapons collectors association
http://mwca.org/

August 21 - 22
Forest Lake Sports Complex

October 2 - 3
MN State Fair EDUCATION Bldg

October 30 - 31
MN State Fair COLISEUM Bldg

December 11 - 12
Saint Paul River Center

Crocodile Productions Inc.
http://www.crocodileproductionsinc.com/gunshows.htm

October 9 - 10
St. Paul Armory

October 16 - 17
Anoka Armory

October 23 - 24
Mankato NG Training Center

November 13 - 14
Stillwater Armory

November 27 -28
Brooklyn Park armory

On there website they also list the 2011 calendar.
They have a show in Duluth in February.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

adamt

In other sections of the main forum there is a list of information about what to man a table with, if you have a table. Has this been done here yet? If I was just going to mill around the show do I just wear a hat and shirt in attempt to strike up conversation and pass out fliers.

I like going to the M.W.C.A. shows and at least checking it out. I could always use a reason NOT to miss it.

AdamT.

Link added for gun show section
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=138.0
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Minnesotans,

Are you catching this?
We have two Minnesota Gunshows we need to have a presence at!

Forrest Lake:  August 21-22

Rochester:     August 28-29

I know these are coming up quick.  But let's see if we can get a roster set up!
You don't need to be an instructor to work a gun show table!
So, anyone who's been to an Appleseed or two is welcome to come work on the 7th Step with us?
If you're interested; please post here or send my self a PM.
Once we know we can cover it; we can look into setting up a table!
1-day....  1/2-day....  Both days?  the schedule is flexible.  Ideally, we have 2 persons working the table all shifts.  (2/staffing allows for a little R&R... Just don't tell Fred)
Hurry up, however!  We need to make sure there's a table open!

P.S.  I'M AMMENDING MY MUSTER CALL TO INCLUDE THAT ANYONE WHO WORKS A SHIFT AT A GUNSHOW WILL RECIEVE A FRESH APPLESEED T-SHIRT.  I may even be able to drum up some volunteer/supporter hats for the non-instructors.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

adamt

You could put me down for some time in forest lake, let's see who else is interested. I could even bring along a 10/22 LTR for a demo rifle.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

adamt

As a side thought, It would be nice to have a picture slide show with a couple of hundred or so pictures to let cycle through on a computer to give people a look at the event. Both action and non action shots would work.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Quote from: adamt on August 08, 2010, 11:04:57 PM
As a side thought, It would be nice to have a picture slide show with a couple of hundred or so pictures to let cycle through on a computer to give people a look at the event. Both action and non action shots would work.

AdamT.

Do you want to take charge on this task?
You could add in a musical background/sound clips from the Rifleman Radio Show....
Get real creative.  If you've got the means and the will; we've got the material.

adamt

I will send off a PM to Javaguy. I know he stated that he tried to fill his camera once before. I will try to figure it out, it may not be my strong point as I have never attempted such a feat. I will at the least try to get a hold of the picture stock. I will keep you posted on that.

Another idea, I was reading in the Illinois section about them prepping for a gun show. I believe I read that they would give out the t-shirt ahead of time if you registered in advance and pre paid.

Or could we do a "raffle" e.g. $5.00 ticket, winner(s) get a free pass to an AS, proceeds go to R.W.V.A.

Just thinking out loud.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Quote from: adamt on August 08, 2010, 11:17:09 PM
I will send off a PM to Javaguy. I know he stated that he tried to fill his camera once before. I will try to figure it out, it may not be my strong point as I have never attempted such a feat. I will at the least try to get a hold of the picture stock. I will keep you posted on that.

Another idea, I was reading in the Illinois section about them prepping for a gun show. I believe I read that they would give out the t-shirt ahead of time if you registered in advance and pre paid.

Or could we do a "raffle" e.g. $5.00 ticket, winner(s) get a free pass to an AS, proceeds go to R.W.V.A.

Just thinking out loud.

AdamT.
I've got a ton of pics too....
I'm going to start a seperate thread for the slide-show, on the MN board, sending people in your direction.

As far as the raffle scenario goes, I wonder what the legal aspect of that is. 
But other than that, let's keep working on setting these two shows up.
I suspect that by next year, we'll have a gunshow task-force set up.... We're just not there yet!

I'M AMMENDING MY MUSTER CALL TO INCLUDE THAT ANYONE WHO WORKS A SHIFT AT A GUNSHOW WILL RECIEVE A FRESH APPLESEED T-SHIRT.
I may even be able to drum up some volunteer/supporter hats for the non-instructors.

Kosciusko

I contacted the promoter for the Rochester ZVAC show.

It is likely we will have a table and a couple chairs, I said we weren't picky about location.

I can be there Saturday morning and maybe Sunday  afternoon.  Can anybody else fill in Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning ?

AFTERMATH

vmt193

A big "THANK YOU" to kmk, Blackdog, AFTERMATH, and Adamt for the help this weekend. Also to Ralph from Wild Goose Sports for donating table space to the Appleseed program. O0

I think it went well. I do wish we had a few more nearby AS events coming up in the area in the near future. Most of the folks I talked to were very interested. We got a good list of names from folks that are now on a notification list and if we can have a presence at a few more gun shows I think we'll see some big improvements in attendance numbers next year.

vmt

sparks1

Thanks guys for your work...I would rather have been at the gun show instead of resealing my driveway. Gosh it was hot ! Bet the show was air conditioned. Man...gravy job.

Well done.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

adamt

Actually it wasn't air conditioned. It was hotter then you know where. It was nice to spend the day meeting fine fellow Americans and looking at the same over priced wears from years gone past.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Looks like the next target is going to be Oct. 2-3, MWCA - State Fair Edu. Building!

Who's going to get us a table?

Same weekend as Duluth, but I do believe we are coming to our ability to run several opperations simultaniously.
Let's get the tables set!