News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Decatur IL Gun Show August 14-15, 2010

Started by Missouri Brigade, August 05, 2010, 04:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missouri Brigade

Appleseed has reserved a table for the gun show at the Decatur Civic Center on Saturday and Sunday, August 14-15, 2010.  This is a good opportunity to promote some of the newer shoots in the area.  It would be especially nice to see some of the new forum members step up and promote Appleseed.

Who can join us?  Send me a PM and I can get a schedule together.

Missouri Brigade

We have OutaAmmo, Patriot Gal, Castle Mountain, myself, and I've heard rumblings of The Guy being there.  Who else can join us?  Any amount of time would be appreciated.

Reveille

How was the turn out?  ??? Any new prospects?  Hope all went well, Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

TheEditor

I had one person call me and leave a message that he had some questions about Appleseed.  By the time I called him on Saturday, he was at the Decatur gun show, and he said his questions had already been answered by the friendly AS folks there! 

Way to go, Decatur crew!

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Pappy

Another example of Team Illinois growth = working the PROMO at the gun show`s.... Well done Team Illinois. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Missouri Brigade

Dave (OutaAmmo), Joanne, and I worked the show on Sunday.  Thanks to all that helped.
The good:

Castle Mountain's banner display makes our table easy to find.

Kids of all ages love the M1.  Try to have one of these or something else cool on your table.

We had a wide variety of literature to pass out.  The new tri-folds and instructor sheets look nice.

Unless you are Rand McNally, have a map handy.  This helped me to see where people were talking about.

We got a contact near Danville that I will pass along.  Another person sounded like he would get in touch.  We talked to several good folks.

The not as good:

Attendance wasn't the greatest at the show.  The state fair was in Springfield and the weather was nice.

I should have had my computer there.  Perhaps the wireless could be used to sign people up on spot.

Reveille

Signing them up on the spot actually sounds like a great idea.  I wonder how that would go though with the whole credit card privacy thing going on.  I think we could just let them enter any sensitive info themselves.  Sounds like an interesting idea....have to see how that plays out.  Keep up the good work.   Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

TheEditor

The seeds are starting to bear fruit!   

A guy named Steve from Decatur called me today.  Said he first found out about Appleseed at the Indy 1500 gun show, but there were no shoots in his area.  Then he went to the Decatur, IL Gun show, and got the full treatment from the Appleseed contingent, and picked up a flyer for the newly minted Clinton, IL shoots.  He called to find out if there was enough room at the October Clinton shoot for him to bring 8 or 9 shooters. 

You bet there's room.  He's very excited, as well as family and friends. 

Good job gun show crews, both in Indiana and Illinois!

The Editor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

oldgrunt

I was told that the local Army recruters there are all for Appleseed..They have a program called future soilder .I think if you guys were to talk to them you might get alot more shooters coming out..Decatur has many shooters there that would come...I would give names but my family would come hunt me down ..lol I use to live there ..Key word use too...
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE