News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman 300

Started by EEL, August 09, 2010, 09:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyHawk

Quote from: LittleMo on September 02, 2010, 04:06:25 AM
It would be nice to attend but at this time being in upstate NY, it is too far from me.

Yes this is sure to be a grand event LittleMo, one NOT to be missed.  You need to team up with others in your area and car pool down!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

AFTERMATH

Quote from: LittleMo on September 02, 2010, 04:06:25 AM
I may be posting this to the wrong topic, but since this involves the Waterman 300 shoot I figured to post it here. If this is not the correct topic place to post this, feel free to move it to where it should be.

Appleseed Facebook users - a word of caution.
I received an email that I had a Facebook invite to the event Appleseed 300 Super Shoot. Text of the email:
"Frank Tobia invited you to the event Appleseed 300 SUPER-SHOOT!!
Appleseed 300 SUPER-SHOOT!!
Saturday, September 11 at 8:00am
Are you attending?  Yes - No - Maybe
Thanks,
The Facebook Team

(If anyone would like to see the original email, PM me with your email addy and I'll forward it.)

I signed into Facebook to check out the event. The  event asks if I will be attending or not. There is also a place to share a comment. I wrote out a comment to "share" on that site, clicked "share", and was greeted by a message box that said my identity needed to be verified by a credit card number or my cell phone number. Huh? Needless to say I didn't provide that information and because I didn't, my message can't be shared unless this information is provided.

This can't be our Appleseed! Possibly someone is trying to scam by using the Appleseed name and this event to obtain people's credit card or cell phone numbers to rip folks off?  If this is a scammer and non-Appleseeders receive this, it would tarnish us.

To check this out, sign into Facebook first. The Facebook link is http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136604146384636
If that link doesn't work, at your Facebook home page, do a search on "Appleseed 300 Super-Shoot".

Has anyone else received something like this on Facebook? Let me know if this isn't legit and I will report it to Facebook.

Gary

p.s. The message I was trying to share was...This should be a grand event! Meeting of so many Appleseeders; watching the faces of first-time Appleseeders as they "wake up" and realize they can make a difference; the sound of 300 rifles shooting at the same time! Not to mention, the instructors coordinating all the details and training all those shooters! It would be nice to attend but at this time being in upstate NY, it is too far from me.

PM sent!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

LittleMo

Aftermath,

PM answered, and email sent.

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

hawkhavn

BTW, this was a first today. 

UPS dumped a box in my driveway and left it there.

From Anniston, AL.

500 CMP catalogs, I may have a new hernia...

;D

HH

p.s. Pre-reg is at 203.
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

snakeman67

I spent Memorial Day at the Racine CLRC Appleseed, why not spend Sept 11th with you fine folks as well!
I will see you there. O0
"The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing"

rayout

Hey all,

I spoke with one of my cousins this weekend and had him sign up but he will need to borrow a rifle (he's 20, never shot before but very interested).  I have a little cousin  (10 years old) that wants to go but his mom thinks its not safe/he's too young.  I think she will be much more comfortable talking to another woman regarding this issue - any moms on the forum she could speak with?

Thanks,

Steve

TruTenacity

rayout,

I'd be more than happy to speak with his mom.  I'll be one of the women instructors at Waterman along with my two daughters.  Send her this link to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC9pTZEwEHc

PM coming your way.

TruT

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

hawkhavn

TruT,

I was going to 'volunteer' you, but you were faster on the keyboard than I was.

Thanks!
HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

TruTenacity

Quote from: hawkhavn on September 06, 2010, 08:53:56 PM
I was going to 'volunteer' you, but you were faster on the keyboard than I was.
HH

Actually, HH, WR beat you.   :)   She saw this before I did and brought it to my attention.

I hope I get a chance to speak to her  @@)  and give her some peace-of-mind so the young lad can enjoy a day on the range with cousins.  This will be a shoot he'd not likely forget.

See you soon,
TruT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

mountainman2222

TruT,

Thanks for calling my attention to this video.  I have forwarded it to my complete address book.  Good stuff!!! O0 O0

Marty (Mountainman2222)
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  --Bejamin Franklin

TruTenacity

Sure thing, mountainman.

Here is another one my daughter, Western Rose, put together.  Maybe you'll want to forward it too.  It's touching in a different way than seeing the kids on the line in the other video, but very good and worth passing on.  The father and two sons that came to the CdA shoot this weekend may use these two videos in helping them show ranges in their area of Montana what Appleseed is about.  Maybe you sending them out to all those in your address book will be the visual aid and push they need to get them and their families off the couch and on the line.

RWVA - Project Appleseed - April 19, 1775 Commemoration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxk4qUzayaA&feature=channel

TruT

Gumballhead

Quote from: snakeman67 on September 06, 2010, 10:01:58 AM
I spent Memorial Day at the Racine CLRC Appleseed, why not spend Sept 11th with you fine folks as well!
I will see you there. O0
Hey snakeman, glad to see you're coming back!

See you there

Strong

I'm trying to drum up interest but so far it is only me coming down. I can hardly wait!

Reveille

Anyone smell gunpowder Liberty yet?  Looking forward.......to forging forward.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

George63

-------------------

Garand69

Folks, we are over 250!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure we can crank it up a notch and sell it out!!!
12 hrs to go, so don't drag your feet!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz