News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OFFICIAL: ATHENS ALL LADIES SHOOT OCTOBER 16-17

Started by Ratchett, July 29, 2010, 02:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

Hey Everyone,

The first Ohio All Ladies Shoot is scheduled for October 9 & 10 16-17 in Athens! Watch the AS schedule to pre-register, it should be appearing anytime. Tell your Mothers, sisters, aunts, nieces, and cousins about this shoot. It is guaranteed to be a fun time and the MEN are on kitchen detail  **) **). Ladies how can you resist that....seriously!

Rumor has it that Ohio' s own DINKY DAO will be the SB  ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^  We thought she had been kidnapped by border raiders, but we knew she was too slick for that to happen **)

If any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. Til we meet on the trail, stay strong and keep the Faith!

IHG,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

MeanStreaker

This is going to be a hallmark event!!!  

Talk about the perfect opportunity for everyone to get their better halves, mothers, daughters, friends, EVERYONE to a very special weekend!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Dangerous D

Thanks for organizing this it's going to be a great shoot.  Let's make some riflemen (women)!

KAH

Dangerous D:

You're one of the best 7th Steppers - get those feelers out!  I know Emma is talking about it.  What about some of your work friends - Heather, etc. or Bernie?

Sounds like it will be a great event to IIT.  I will be trading in my Rifleman patch for a Cook's apron - but only for the weekend!
kah

"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

MeanStreaker

EIP and Registration link is up and active!!!

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=15646.0
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

PinkHatDF

I can't wait!  I just signed up with Tim's cousin Jill and we're excited!  ..:.. (not to mention curious to see how the men do on kitchen duty! ;))

MeanStreaker

Quotenot to mention curious to see how the men do on kitchen duty!

It's all about preparation and persistence!  

I'm dry-cooking 10-15 minutes a day, three times a week.

I hope you gals like cereal.   ;D
--Thomas Paine

Ratchett

Hey MS! We pamper you men, it better not be cereal  ~~:)     ;D
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

RifleWoman

Psst... Don't tell anyone, but rumor has it that by then there will be a new, very cool t-shirt for the women only Appleseeds in women's sizes and style (cut).   :-X

Of course this is just a rumor, and you'd have to contact somebody in the know like.... RifleWomen to verify such rumors  **)

Maybe they are only giving them out if the event is sold out.  ;)
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

SavageShootr

Quote from: RifleWoman on August 02, 2010, 01:06:14 AM
Psst... Don't tell anyone, but rumor has it that by then there will be a new, very cool t-shirt for the women only Appleseeds in women's sizes and style (cut).   :-X

Of course this is just a rumor, and you'd have to contact somebody in the know like.... RifleWomen to verify such rumors  **)

Maybe they are only giving them out if the event is sold out.  ;)

Now RW you do know that Ohio has a very good record of selling out this year. I hope you know what you are starting here.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

jeep45238

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on August 02, 2010, 12:44:37 AM

You're asking us to use talents that we don't have  ;D

USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

PinkHatDF

Quote from: jeep45238 on August 02, 2010, 12:51:53 PM

Well I guess you have until October to learn!  ;D O0 ^-^

Spanner

Quote from: MeanStreaker on August 01, 2010, 06:24:17 PM

I hope you gals like cereal.   ;D

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

I'll try to scare up some bodies for ya'll.

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

jeep45238

Quote from: PinkHatDF on August 03, 2010, 09:14:18 AM
Quote from: jeep45238 on August 02, 2010, 12:51:53 PM

Well I guess you have until October to learn!  ;D O0 ^-^

Well, I'm learning from the new job - feel free to visit me at work sometime out in Lawrenceburg, IN and grade me  ;D
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

Dangerous D

No worries on the food thing KAH has hidden talents in that area.  

GoldFish

Quote from: MeanStreaker on August 01, 2010, 06:24:17 PM

**)

If I'm in the U.S., then I'll more than likely be there. :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

despree

Hey all, I'm a little confused.  The date in this thread is the 9th and 10th, but on the register link it's the 16th and 17th.  I'm assuming it's the 16th and 17th?

Looking forward to getting my wife there!  Woohoo!

Ratchett

Despree,

Sorry for confusion!! The original date had to be changed to due to scheduling conflict. Appleseeds and weddings do not always mesh well  ;D .

The correct date is October 16 & 17. I hope I have made the change on the thread...if not I will find those that can **)

See you both soon!

ratchett

MacMcM

Ratch,

You should be able to edit your original post...

Mac
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

MeanStreaker

Apologies all for the old information in this thread.  I hope Nurse Ratchett doesn't mind, but I went and updated her initial post.

We're most definitely on for Oct 16-17!
--Thomas Paine

Ratchett

Thanks for bailing me out MS!!!!

Mac, not when you are computer illiterate and feeble minded that you forget the 'modify' tab is right in front of you !@#) ++) ;)  See ya in a couple weeks ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

LindaFromAppleCreek

I have babysitting worked out for the ones too small to come, and am going to be bringing a 14 yo and an 11 yo. My husband really likes Gibsonburg, and wanted to go back, but I have heard so many nice things about Athens that I wanted to AS there. He'll take the boys in Nov, and we'll both be happy.

As far as food, should I bring extra to share?

This sounds like a lot of fun!! I always look forward to October anyway, so now I have even more reason to be excited!  ..:..

aka Mustang380gal

Wildcat

Um Ratchett....."Appleseeds and weddings do not always mesh well" may be true, but Teresa and I had a couple hours of shooting for the kids and adults at our wedding reception....does that count?  :D

Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jm 1:19 ...beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

KAH

I would agree with you WC - if you fiond the right partner an Appleseed shoot would make the BEST RECEPTION!

Let's put that challenge out there!
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Wildcat

I think you're on to something KAH, think of the press potential  ;)
Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jm 1:19 ...beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

KAH

If a Wedding Reception at Appleseed doesn't work - how about a Honeymoon at Appleseed!?! 
kah

LindaFromAppleCreek

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at an Appleseed! (In a tent!! Hubby did the cooking, though.)

I liked that kind of celebration so much that I went to an Appleseed for my 45th birthday.

And I'd gladly celebrate at an Appleseed again!

aka Mustang380gal

despree

So I'm curious; what type of man-power will we have there in the kitchen?  =P

MeanStreaker

Unfortunately with the change of date that occurred awhile ago, I'll be traveling to an RBC and will be unable to wow everyone with my cooking talents.  Any man slaves planning to show up and help out the ladies? Please let SB Dinky Dao know!
--Thomas Paine

George T

Rimfire and myself will be working the kitchen under the direction of Nurse Ratchett.  You probably would not want to eat what we might come-up with on our own; squirrel stew, road kill possum, you get the drift.

Sorry Meanstreaker will not be there.  I was looking forward to kitchen debate, I mean conversation.

Other club members have indicated they may be there to help, so I think we can make it work.  You might want to pack a candy bar just in case.  However, the coffee will be good....firehouse training will kick-in.

George T