News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elk River AS this weekend - Traffic delays ahead

Started by DeanC, July 28, 2010, 02:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeanC

Concrete rehab work is scheduled at the Fish Lake interchange in Maple Grove. The ramp from northbound Interstate 494 to westbound I-94 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

DeanC

This is the best map: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/closuremap.html

Note - if you are coming from Wisconsin - Westbound 94 through downtown St. Paul will also be closed. And the Northbound alternate route on 694 to loop around it will also have lane closures.

The map below is too wide for the forum so see the link I posted above too.

sparks1

If you are coming in from Wisconsin, I would recommend 94 west to 694. I was going to recommend taking US 10 but forgot the construction at 35W.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Is camping open again this time?
And who's staying out there?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

DeanC

Quote from: AFTERMATH on July 29, 2010, 11:16:14 PM
Neither Joel or I are going to be camping so it's pretty much closed unless there is another club member on site to be your host. If you need a place to crash, PM me and I should be able to find you a couch and a shower somewhere ;)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: DeanC on July 30, 2010, 03:41:45 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on July 29, 2010, 11:16:14 PM
Neither Joel or I are going to be camping so it's pretty much closed unless there is another club member on site to be your host. If you need a place to crash, PM me and I should be able to find you a couch and a shower somewhere ;)

Caught that in the PM, forgot to follow up here.
I'll figure something out. ;)
[Remind us for future shoots, we'll have to make a note on the event information page that camping is 'as conditions permit' or something along them lines.]

See you there!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

DeanC

We do really need to do a better job recruiting more Elk River members. I am as much to blame as anyone I suppose. I am going to make a bigger effort going forward.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: DeanC on July 30, 2010, 10:52:07 PM
We do really need to do a better job recruiting more Elk River members. I am as much to blame as anyone I suppose. I am going to make a bigger effort going forward.

Sounds good!