News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Range Promo Packet...

Started by russellmn, July 26, 2010, 04:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russellmn

Three and I were talking a bit ago, is there something already put together that we could present to a range that would help convince them that they need to host a shoot???  I'm not talking the material to put shooters on the line, but something that would enable us to have that line for shooters? 

Like maybe numbers from the ranges we've been hosted at...  additional members that joined during/following a shoot, range owner's/manager's experiences, that sort of thing? 

I'm not too terrible good with a computer, but I could, if we don't already have them, start calling the ranges to get info like this.  But I would need some help in assembling it into a presentable format that we could bring/send to possible new locations.  We could actually email it to boardmembers of every range we can get an email address for, if we do it right they'll be calling us to set up shoots!

This was just a brainstorm between the two of us, we hadn't seen anything like this before so if there is anything already out there, great.  Lets make use of it.
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

vmt193

I just got a PM from Fred letting me know that a box of promo materials is on the way. We could also contact the ranges we're currently partnered with and ask if they could give us some sort of "letter of recommendation" that we could show prospective ranges.

russellmn

Alright, lets wait to see what Fred sends us.  Looking at what we've gotten before, we seem to put a lot of faith in that tri-fold.  It may be great for recruiting shooters, but I don't think it's what we need for recruiting ranges...
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Scout

I have asked for years for folks to please collect and send in letters from ranges who have dealt with Appleseed and would reccomend the program to other ranges. I sent several I gathered to Funfaler and then had people posting them here, but after thousands of events we only have two posted.

I know we have enough ranges happy with the program that they would write a favorable letter for us and that would go miles in getting a new range to commit to the program.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6067.0
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

sparks1

As far as letters from previous ranges AS experiences...may be something for the SB to follow up on and collect. Or maybe he can deligate this to an IIT. Some more responsibility for the IIT and takes some load off the SB.

Would be nice to show potential ranges the positive response from others who have gone before. Also have some stats to show them attendance, and possible membership increases. Not being a computer person, takes me forever to type even this, I don't know how this would be compiled.

VMT....should we be contacting ALOT more ranges and try to get them signed on? Any particular areas of the state to focus on??  Do we have a semi-comprehensive plan to increase? I ask because I am not sure where to proceed and do not want to be a rogue. Seems the SE area is having plenty events, Hinckley is a huge plus being once a month. Where do we want to expand? More metro???  I know we do events as a team, I think we all should get more organized and do more promoting. Yes, Yes, I know, we all hand out flyers and word of mouth, but I see Mn. having to do a concerted effort to meet the goals of AS. How to go about it...I'm thinking of some ideas.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

russellmn

Sparks, as for where to expand...  EVERYWHERE!!!  Talk to any and all ranges you know of.  We haven't done anything in the central to north western part of the state.  Say, St. Cloud and north or west.  We need to expand that direction, get some shoots out there.  Even one or two would be a good start. 
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

wintermute76

I was thinking about this too, a few letters from ranges would probably be a big help.
Our club president had a lot of negatives in his head, and just didn't want to believe anything else it seemed like.
I was planning on emailing United Northern to see if they would be willing to get me something along those lines.

sparks1

Quote from: russellmn on July 27, 2010, 01:10:55 AM
Sparks, as for where to expand...  EVERYWHERE!!!  Talk to any and all ranges you know of.  We haven't done anything in the central to north western part of the state.  Say, St. Cloud and north or west.  We need to expand that direction, get some shoots out there.  Even one or two would be a good start.  

Well ....What I was saying is our growth is a haphazard accumulation of ranges willing to host an AS. I believe we could do better with a concerted effort in a regulated manner. To do that, maybe a plan could be outlined and then implemented.

I can wire a project alot quicker and more efficiently if I go about it with a reasonable plan. I can also get better use of resouces and manpower if I go about it that way. Same with any other endeavor. See what I mean? Leaving people to go about it as they wish can take longer and leave some stuff undone.

I'm just sayin what I'm sayin.

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)