News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MRC fun shoot

Started by sparks1, July 25, 2010, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

I went to Minnetonka Game and Fish/Mpls. Rifle Club sat. to shoot in their fun match.

200 yd target with a similar COF to our Appleseed.

1. Slow fire standing...2 sighters 10 rds single round loading. NO SLING !!! This surprised me, saw a different platform for NPOA. But it worked, some shot some VERY good scores.
2.  Rapid fire..transition from standing to sitting. 60 sec. with a mag change  2 & 8 rds.
3   Rapid fire...transition from standing to prone...70 sec.  mag change  2&8 rds
4   Slow fire prone...2 sighters  20 rds single rd loading.

Targets in both slow fire stages are pulled and scored by pit crew (2nd relayof shooters>>>you take turns) and then run up for you to see. There is a proceedure to tell you where you hit and what the score is for each hit. For rapid fire all shots go downrange and then target is pulled for scoring.

It was fun shooting the .308...All military style rifles BTW  Garands/M1A's/Ar-15's. open sights. Good practice...showed my weak points (standing) and I have to learn mag change with this new rifle. Lost valuable seconds in stage 2 by having mag drop out...TWICE !  Got rushed and flustered and started horizontal stringing on target. My evaluation is I started snatching trigger to get all rounds off in time. Trigger control was not good  (step 5&6)  

The cost for non-members is $5.00 , and we shoot from a covered firing line with concrete floor. This , I think, can be something we can use for 200 yd practice as I am a member. Anyone interested after the AS season winds down get hold of me, we'll practice some distance. Oh...same range can do 300yd/meter and has heated shooting for 300 yd/meter. Just not an Appleseed friendly range. Tried to get them to host an event but they have too many events going on.

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

QuoteIt was fun shooting the .308...All military style rifles BTW  Garands/M1A's/Ar-15's. open sights. Good practice...showed my weak points (standing) and I have to learn mag change with this new rifle. Lost valuable seconds in stage 2 by having mag drop out...TWICE !  Got rushed and flustered and started horizontal stringing on target. My evaluation is I started snatching trigger to get all rounds off in time. Trigger control was not good  (step 5&6) 
Rock and tug....

QuoteThe cost for non-members is $5.00 , and we shoot from a covered firing line with concrete floor. This , I think, can be something we can use for 200 yd practice as I am a member. Anyone interested after the AS season winds down get hold of me, we'll practice some distance. Oh...same range can do 300yd/meter and has heated shooting for 300 yd/meter. Just not an Appleseed friendly range. Tried to get them to host an event but they have too many events going on.
AS season winds down? ???  Dang it!  I wish someone would have told Adamt and I....  Then we wouldn't have spent so much time coming up with some super-secret fun stuff for the IcicleSeeds.... :-\

Actually, it sounds fun.  How'd you rank?
We could probably set aside a 300m weekend...
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

Only 6 shooters showed up and 2 had rifle malfunctions. How'd I rank....I suck at standing. Total score was 400 out of 500. Nailed the prone tho'.

Icycleseed??? This amy be a spot to get for such events. Will talk to Ken.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)