News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NY Appleseed in the news

Started by B9, July 15, 2010, 07:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Spartan

SGT Rock will love that last one!!!!
"With your shield or on it"

boltgun71

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

B9

That is a great write up!
There are journalists that can write the facts with little spin either way.

O0

Medea Benjamin

sgtrock

I am impressed to say the least, To have young folks that write for a career choice, not knowing anything about our sport, or interests, and do us justice,, is really nice to see,,,

there just ain't no "ph" in my name,,,

sgtrock

JustJeff

Quote from: sgtrock on November 08, 2010, 07:51:31 AM

sgtrock

I think it was a 50/50 thing.... because he didn't think to ask you how you spelled it.  I also noticed that he stated "veterans" shoot free instead of "Active Military."  You may have a bunch of Vets sign up for a shoot and then complain about having to pay.......
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

B9

Quote from: JustJeff on November 08, 2010, 11:03:46 AM

sgtrock

I think it was a 50/50 thing.... because he didn't think to ask you how you spelled it.  I also noticed that he stated "veterans" shoot free instead of "Active Military."  You may have a bunch of Vets sign up for a shoot and then complain about having to pay.......

I thought you meant the "No PH" referred to your personality being acidic.  ;D

Vets that come to a shoot because of this story would be welcome free if I am SB.
Medea Benjamin

Josey Wales

..Stoner, You should be PROUD!!..

..Strength & Honor......................Josey Wales..

JustJeff

QuoteVets that come to a shoot because of this story would be welcome free if I am SB.

Awesome!! I just thought I'd point out the discrepancy.
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Another D.O.M.

See that - and you all thought that fellow Ben was up to something.

Very nice story and publicity for Appleseed; and an excellent job by the Burlington Flats Crew once again!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

sgtrock

Quote from: JustJeff on November 08, 2010, 11:03:46 AM

sgtrock

QuoteI think it was a 50/50 thing.... because he didn't think to ask you how you spelled it.

JustJeff
              As a matter of fact he did ask and there was a tape recorder as well,,, there are a few other discrepancies but none that are worth wasting space on,,, I am glad for the way he wrote about us, our project is important to me and alot of others as well, we need all the good publicity we can get, I will extend an invitation to them tonight inviting them to shoot at our club next year,,, I'll even pay for it,,,            Hopefully with this article we can increase the number of shoots in NY, this came out of Syracuse, so maybe they have readers out that way that might look into a range for us,,, As far as the veteran statement,, I am one,, so I will follow my SC lead on that as well,,, I am glad to be of service in my AO,,,

sgtrock

I also noticed that he stated "veterans" shoot free instead of "Active Military."  You may have a bunch of Vets sign up for a shoot and then complain about having to pay.......

JustJeff

QuoteAs far as the veteran statement,, I am one,, so I will follow my SC lead on that as well,,, I am glad to be of service in my AO,,,

Awesome!! I'm a Vet, and an OathKeeper too.  As I said, I was only pointing it out so it wouldn't be a problem...I had a feeling it would be taken care of.

sgtrock

Invitation sent, To Mr. Tepfer and Miss Pines for next years events at Burlington Flats

sgtrock

Odin

I was a little apprehensive about them at that shoot, but I have to say that article was very well written and fair.   

I hope they return to Burlington Flats as shooters so they can get the full Appleseed experience. 
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

gunville

Go Stoner!! You made a covert.

Gee... I didn't know teaparty were radicals... they appear to be elected officials today. (Someone in FL should get Lt. Col. (ret) Allan West on a line.)

Well, they are college pukes - I'm happy they didn't trash appleseed; clearly he would have liked to, he pretty much says so, but the reality was too much for them to overlook.  Maybe he got mugged on the "gun free zone" of SU campus.

I notice the guy that did the first strike managed to stay anonymous.  :cool2:

Maybe if they comeback next year I can show them my bedazzled tool (I mean my tricked rifle of course.)  ;D
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Another D.O.M.

Saratoga Springs (SaraSpa) April 16 & 17 2011

Article printed in the April 18 Schenectady Daily Gazette about the Appleseed event:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22089#msg172801
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Josey Wales

..This Interview was done by an old friend named Chris Wynne.  Chris started up an on line fanzine called InEffect.  In the late 1980's through the early 1990's he published a paper hardcopy periodical fanzine that did quite well.  The fanzine covers New York Hardcore Thrash music both past and present.  The piece is a "Where are they now?"  interview.  Just another way to get the message out..

http://ineffecthardcore.com/interviews-1/project-appleseed-new/

VietVet

I had the pleasure of going to Winslow, NJ with JW this past weekend to work an Appleseed with him.
We (Dakota & myself) saw how he was constantly taking that 7th step ALL weekend long.
Under his guidance we traveled the entire area stopping in at any location we felt would benefit the program. Gun Shops, Army Navy Stores, Motels and so on.  Any place we felt people would be going to we left fliers and hung signs. We flooded the South Jersey Shooting Club with fliers and brochures to promote Appleseed. We even hung laminated fliers all around the shooting bays of the range so they would be seen.
I listened as he got store owners to agree to let us leave Appleseed material in their place of business and after he got them interested and they agreed to display these signs and brochures he didn't stop there. He then asked them where we could go next and we went.

JW you are a Master of the 7th step. Your never ending dedication to our Mission hopefully is not only recognized but appreciated by all involved. Short of grabbing them by their collar and dragging them to the range you worked your magic like no other I have ever seen.

Well done JW, Well done!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

R1SGx2

Nick is with out question a good man, I am glad he is on our side.

Seeing JW in action, he has that special walk and talk that holds his audience in awe.

Josey Wales aka Appleseeds Mr. Smoothie.

Team Northeast, New York Detachment, we got a good thing going on.

Thank you everyone for what you do.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."