News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP Sale on .22 Rem ammo

Started by nyrasgt, February 24, 2012, 01:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and gentlemen,
  CMP has posted sale on Remington .22 ammo (from 1995) @ $90/5000 + $15 shipping - screaming deal...
  They are offering same ammo @ $65/5000 for CLUBS...can we/someone find out if RWVA and/or Ramseur - or, e.g. Burlington Flats, is formally affiliated with CMP so as to save the extra $25 per 5k?
   Believe CMP club membership requires annual paperwork + $30 annual fee, so if your club not already affiliated, probably too late for this particular deal - but might seriously consider joining for future opportunities...
Excelsior,
madM<ark
PS  Will call my CMP contact and ask about eligibility, and will report back on forum - BUT, suspect will be as above re club membership for eligibility...
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Fred

RWVA is affiliated with CMP.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

LawDog

Is it possible for an IIT to use RWVA's CMP affiliation to take advantage of this deal?  I am already a CMP customer.

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: LawDog on February 24, 2012, 02:39:32 PM
Is it possible for an IIT to use RWVA's CMP affiliation to take advantage of this deal?  I am already a CMP customer.

Believe you will have to be a member of RWVA.  If you are not, you should be anyway.  O0

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

LawDog

Quote from: unbridled_liberty on February 24, 2012, 07:29:02 PM
Quote from: LawDog on February 24, 2012, 02:39:32 PM

Believe you will have to be a member of RWVA.  If you are not, you should be anyway.  O0

UL

I am!  I am!  Now, how do I get the sale to ring up at the club price?  Anyone know?  If not, I will call CMP on MOnday and post the directions here. 

Edheler

I looked into this because I am going to be at the CMP North store on March 9th. At the very bottom of the page http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/ammo.htm there is this text: "IF YOU ARE A CLUB PURCHASING THE .22 SURPLUS AMMO, TO INSURE YOU RECEIVE THE CLUB DISCOUNT, PLEASE PLACE ORDER UNDER CLUB ACCOUNT." So it sounds like you can't get the price just by being a member of an associated club.

nyrasgt

Eager CMP ammo buyers,
   Have emailed CMP, asking politely if PA Instructors could be allowed to purchase the ammunition at club prices.  I expect that said request will have to work its way up to either Orest Michaels or the new DCM, Ms. Legerski, which will likely take...as long as it takes.  Will advise and post CMP's response when it arrives.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

eaglescouter

Don't wait.

Orest expects this product to be sold out before the weekend is over.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

dronning

+1 on don't wait at the full price you are paying $1.15 per box of 50, when was the last time you saw prices like that. 

Paying the full price just helps the CMP with an extra $25, a $25 that I'm willing to pay/contribute to them.  I bought 4.

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

2 clicks low

I ordered a case on Friday.
Do not wait. You can go to the website http://www.odcmp.com/ and get a list of what documents you need in order to buy, and fax the order in with the documents.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

nyrasgt

Per Orest Michaels, Mgr of the program, WILL sell out today (Mon 2/27) if has not already...you snooze, you lose, at
$1.15/box 50 or 2.3 cents/round...
Excelsior,
madMark
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

iron pony

Looks like its sold out   :( :( :(

In the future, could you please post these types of deals on the Deal and Steals board.  I dont know about anyone else but I get alerted when something is posted there and would have LOVED to have taken advantage of this offer.

In any event, thanks for finding it and taking the time to posting it all.  While I missed it, I do appreciate the thought   O0

IP.
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

EZ3

With the CMP, I think your best bet for timely notification is to go to their website and get on their email list for sales.  That, and make sure to keep your eligibility paperwork current.  They did have mine updated in less than a half-hour (on a weekend), which I thought was awesome.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

nyrasgt

Absolutely concur re current CMP paperwork (notarized, etc., etc.) - good for use for either 2 or 3 years from when first used...makes things much easier - as does knowing your customer number...
Excelsior,
madMark
(former DCM Club/Team Coach from OLD CMP w. offices @ 20 Mass. Ave, Wash, DC - ammo was FREE with one's signature back then - and included .30-06 [already on clips] and .30 carbine in 120 rd bandoliers in 10 rd stripper clips...them were the days...   STILL selling reconditioned Daisy 853s (single shot pump air rifles in .177) @ $100 each...
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

Spartan

NYRASGT
You do a great job, I did get the CMP email but really didnt notice it till you sen t the message and a SI called me about it...  Thank you!!!  You did it just right.
"With your shield or on it"