News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotion Opportunity

Started by vmt193, July 14, 2010, 03:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

Last week kmk arranged for us to have few minutes to make a short presentation at the last night of a youth trap shooting education class. One week later we have an additional 9 pre-registrations for the upcoming local Appleseed! ^:)^  I'm going to contact the  instructors of local MN DNR Firearms Safety classes and do the same thing. If any of you would like to try this, go here http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/events/index_safety.html# to find classes, dates and contact information. I anybody is interested, I can PM you a copy of the rough outline I used. Having an M1 on hand seemed to get the attention of the adults on hand too.  ^-^

vmt

Gramma Goats

I would like a copy of your outline. ALSO call local TV stations, they are usually looking for TOPICS for filler.  Invite them out to do a taped segment during a shoot.  Offer them a 'press pass'  and a loaner rife (if necesssary) and suggest the reporter and his camera man  shoot at the seed.  Radio stations too.... if we can provide press passes we could ask the radio guys to bring their remote stuff and do a  half hour live remote from the shoot.
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

sparks1

I did notify the local Mpls. news stations about Elk River AS. Since Aftermath got some press in Duluth and is kinda a "Rock Star" now, I thought why not Colycat.

He's more photogenic...just ask OG !!!!
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

vmt193

Quote from: sparks1 on July 15, 2010, 07:46:23 PM
I did notify the local Mpls. news stations about Elk River AS. Since Aftermath got some press in Duluth and is kinda a "Rock Star" now, I thought why not Colycat.......... Ah, never mind.  >:D

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on July 15, 2010, 07:46:23 PM
I did notify the local Mpls. news stations about Elk River AS. Since Aftermath got some press in Duluth and is kinda a "Rock Star" now, I thought why not Colycat.

He's more photogenic...just ask OG !!!!

Heck, I just responded to a reporter's(NYTimes magazine)inquiry, informing him of the up coming Duluth and Elk River shoots.

Now you all leave Coly^$%@ alone...  We need him to certify us another Green Hat.

>:D
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]