News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Change for New Mexico

Started by SamD, July 07, 2010, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The captain of the ship feels that my performance as New Mexico State Coordinator has been ineffective.

Not wanting to stand in the way of progress, effective now, I am resigning my position as State Coordinator.
You may consider the position vacant. 
Any one who feels capable please do not hesitate to step forward.
contact Fred and go for it.
Any coordination for ranges and shoots will continue as now until Fred has someone else direct otherwise.
I'll help you in any way I can.

Not leaving the program just making a hole for someone more capable to fill.

As always, feel free to contact me for any assistance you may need, I'll be more than happy to help.

Have a great one

Sam

Captwa

Sam,

As a card holding ( figured I'd pay for them women friends who shoot free) member of the RWVA I'd first like to thank you for your efforts on our behalf.  I for one dont share the Captains point of view.  I'm only down here in the bilge of Santa Fe but from what I've seen you have been effective as an instructor and inspiration for some of us more subtle infiltrators of the lapsed American society . 

The core of instructors you have introduced me to continue to inspire and produce not only awakended Americans but Riflemen/women. They may be few but they are of a very high quality and a credit to the organization.

I'm sure that you have inspired one of those who have made rifleman sufficiently that someone will accept the challenge of State Manager. Take a well deserved breather and regroup.

In the meantime,  Bravo Zulu!

Wa ( still cook)

JustJeff

Quote from: Captwa on July 10, 2010, 12:46:57 AM
    ( still cook)

Capt, I agree somewhat.  I know that the little time I've spent with Sam has inspired me.  His address at the Alamogordo 2ATF bbq was excellent....and may have brought a few more into the AS fold.  I've yet to have a chance to attend an AS event, but I truly look forward to it----mainly BECAUSE of Sam.

As for the part that I quoted you...I've been a Cook most of my life (I took my step-dad's name at 18), and even did some cooking in the A.F.  Maybe I should get a mod to change me from 'newbie' to 'perpetual cook.'  ;D
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

SamD

Ain't nothing but a thing.
I won't stand in the Fred's way if he can expand the program here adn I wish him success in that endeavor.
We'll see, in the mean time we will run as heavy a schedule as we can in spite of the additional obstacles that have cropped up. Having a State Coordinator never had any effect on that at all because our limiting factors are not personal involvement.
Sure it would be nice to have more instructors but that is not a limit, I can get all I need form Tx and Az, they have supported us well. 
No one here ever had to  ~~:)  bait, rail, harass, or beat someone into setting up shoots in NM, and they never will.
#1 our folks are motivated and do all they can anyway
#2 they aren't the kind to be pushed around

Just keep on keeping on, work for new locations but don't waste a second on weak sisters.

oladcock

Sorry to hear that Sam. All of the AS team has been an inspiration to us but your leadership and friendship especially. Please keep me and Strawberry Roan on the muster list....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

I agree with all the posts here. O0  :~
We got this side of the mountain covered and up at Raton too. :---
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

SamD

OL,
How we doing on Roswell for this fall, need alternates between you and Carlsbad from Sept to next May, I know Jimi emailed you on it, any word yet?

Sam

nmmi9100

Damn, I quit coming to the site for a few weeks and all hell breaks loose.

Maybe Fred needs to get off the medical marijuana....

But seriously, SamD, you're a real asset to the program.  Hate to see you withdraw from the position.

We've all let you down on not getting enough shoots lined up, myself heavily included.  I, for one, would like to see more shoots in the northern/mountainous parts of the state in summer and the southern part in the winter.  Glad to see Jimi is working on a Ruidoso shoot.  I'm working on a Santa Fe area shoot, although in the preliminary stages.

-David
Edgewood, NM

SamD

NO ONE LET ME DOWN.

Some day when things are calm I 'splain it to you all adn you'll get a great laugh.
In the meantime, BlueFeather has been shanghaied into it, lets help her as much as we can.

Jimi

Sam, you are the one who made me "Rabid" for Appleseed.  O0 :bow: $$-0 :--- I don't plan on quiting, just getting "Infectouse", due to you. Dont try to go anyplace, I know where you live.... ;) >:D
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT