News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mayhill/Runyon farms

Started by SamD, July 15, 2010, 06:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Ok folks looks like the EIP will be going in tonight for an Aug shoot at Runyon Farms
Halfway between Alamo and Artesia. Only 25 yards available but the range fee includes camping and "A river runs through it".
Lets press this one.
Also working for a tabel at the gun show in Roswell 31Jul-1Aug to promote this one.

Sam

oladcock

"Also working for a tabel at the gun show in Roswell 31Jul-1Aug to promote this one."

Hell I didn't know there was going to be a gun show here! :)  ++) I guess we got to get out more...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

duc-dog

EIF/EIP/LMNOP or whatever it is; is sent.   O0 Many thanks to Jimi for the legwork to make this happen. O0 

Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

JustJeff

Quote from: SamD on July 15, 2010, 06:46:32 PM
Ok folks looks like the EIP will be going in tonight for an Aug shoot at Runyon Farms
Halfway between Alamo and Artesia. Only 25 yards available but the range fee includes camping and "A river runs through it".
Lets press this one.
Also working for a tabel at the gun show in Roswell 31Jul-1Aug to promote this one.

Sam

Sam, I could probably help you on one of those two days at the gunshow.  Give me a shout if you need me.
Jeff

P.S.  I'll see if I can get my wife to go 'camping' with me and the guys the weekend of the shoot :)  We haven't been in a while.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

SamD

Thanks Jeff,
Hopefully we can get a table at that show. If we do you are welcome to ride over with me, save a little gas.
Called them this AM, we may be "space available" but a free table is a free table.

As always we are short of promo time so getting the word out is critical, esp since we need to cover a range fee to use Runyon's. 
I won't be able to camp out, Gloria will be in Az at a trial she scheduled long ago so I'll commute,need to come home and tend critters.

Sam

JustJeff

Quote from: SamD on July 16, 2010, 11:40:00 AM
Thanks Jeff,
Hopefully we can get a table at that show. If we do you are welcome to ride over with me, save a little gas.
Called them this AM, we may be "space available" but a free table is a free table.

As always we are short of promo time so getting the word out is critical, esp since we need to cover a range fee to use Runyon's. 
I won't be able to camp out, Gloria will be in Az at a trial she scheduled long ago so I'll commute,need to come home and tend critters.

Sam

Sam
If you're going to commute, and are offering a ride, I will help out on BOTH days.  I was trying to avoid paying gas both days and don't really like to do overnighters without the wife.  Also, I have a small folding table we could set up outside if they don't have space inside.....might be another option, if they will allow it.  Oh, and what are the dates for the shoot?  I think I can get a couple of people to get involved.
Jeff
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

SamD

Shoot will be 14 and 15 Aug

We will have a downloadable flyer ready sometime tonight.

Sam

JustJeff

Cool, Nancy and I should be there....if not both of us, then I will.  I'll also post it on OK and SOLR NM state pages, with details to follow....
Jeff

oladcock

Hey Jeff, glad to see you here! Xsail here from OK. Ducdog, are you SB'ing? I'm in there for 14-15 but Strawberry won't be able to attend. While it may be cooler up there, it won't be down here for the critters. I'll be awaiting the flyers with baited breath so I can get them distributed down here. Got a 2atf function tomorrow so that'll be good! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

Quote from: oladcock on July 16, 2010, 12:41:11 PM
Hey Jeff, glad to see you here! Xsail here from OK. Ducdog, are you SB'ing? I'm in there for 14-15 but Strawberry won't be able to attend. While it may be cooler up there, it won't be down here for the critters. I'll be awaiting the flyers with baited breath so I can get them distributed down here. Got a 2atf function tomorrow so that'll be good! :)....O.L.

^:)^

SamD

Soon as they post the EIP and i can get links, I'll be able to finish the flyer.

Sam

JustJeff

Jimi

Wow, looks like this is gonna be a good shoot. Sam, if you can get me the info on the gun show will plug that we will be there, "tintativly", and have info. ~~:) :bow:
Jimi

PS, can anyone help me get the picture I want on my profile? It is driving me nuts trying to do it.
Jimi ++) #) &)
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

JustJeff

Yeee Hawwwww!!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ I'm registered (Nancy too, but she doesn't know it yet) and can't wait!!!

Jimi, did you figure out your avatar problem yet? Call me @ 443-3741 if you need me to walk you through it.... :P

Jimi

Thanks Jeff, with your help I got it. O0 O0 O0
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

Jimi

Here is a Google earth pic of the range area. The road on the right side to the river is where we go in. The big white spot on the curve of the river is just to the left of the burm and range. Camping will be between these 2 places.
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

JustJeff

I spoke with one of the Otero County Sheriff Deputies a little while ago, saw him at Lowes home improvement.  I mentioned the shoot to him, and what Appleseed is about..... He got a glint in his eye.  We might just see him and his wife, along with a few other deputies at this shoot. :D 

SamD

Jeff,
Remind them this one is 22's only, and because we are short on range space they need to pre register

JustJeff

Quote from: SamD on July 17, 2010, 07:32:44 PM
Jeff,
Remind them this one is 22's only, and because we are short on range space they need to pre register

I did let him know it was only a 25 meter range, and I did one better.....I told him to come to this site for the info on it.... :)  I still have to email him a link to here, but that's easy.
Jeff

SamD

JustJeff

Quote from: SamD on July 17, 2010, 08:12:58 PM
That'll work Jeff.

I copied you on the email.  Hopefully it'll generate a full line :)

JustJeff

Woo Hoo, Nancy is starting to get a little excited about this shoot....... I bought her a Mossberg .22 (don't yell at me for doing business at Wally-World, it was $117, the scope will be about $70, sling swivels $9....can't afford much more right now) and we'll be hitting La Luz on Friday to give it a test run.  I told the guy at Daves that I was looking for a .22 to Appleseed, and he smiled......reached into his safe and pulled out an all-weather 10-22 already set up for $290.  I told him I couldn't afford it now, and bought 3 boxes of 333 bulk ammo.  I probably need to get back there with a flyer for the shoot......if Sam doesn't beat me to it.

Jeff

SamD

I'll be taking an armload over on Saturday morning Jeff.
Sam

oladcock

Jeff, "and we'll be hitting La Luz on Friday to give it a test run."

Make sure it runs reliable with that ammo. There's nothing more frustrating then gun problems while drinking out of a fire hose. What model is it?....O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

Quote from: oladcock on July 22, 2010, 12:16:18 PM
Make sure it runs reliable with that ammo. There's nothing more frustrating then gun problems while drinking out of a fire hose. What model is it?....O.L.

It's a Mossberg 702 with synthetic stock....and La Luz is the 'test-drive' for it.  I don't want to get in the mountains and discover that it doesn't function well.  If I'm not happy with it I'll have time to get the cash together for a different rifle for Nancy, but I may not be able to get the 10-22 I want.  I DO like the fact that the sights are adjustable for both elevation and windage....even though it will be scoped for Nancy (Trifocals suck).  Friday will give me, and Nancy, the opportunity to become more familiar with it....and decide if it will work out.  I broke it down and cleaned it last night to get the 'factory oil' off of it, and it seems to be fairly simple.  I still have to find an extra mag for it, but Daves MAY have one (or two);  I have to hit Daves to check out their scopes and slings anyway.

wishing you a wonderful day.
Jeff

oladcock

Jeff, it should be fine. Push comes to shove there'll be loaner guns there. Work with her on fast mag changes. Don't know about the 702's open sights, the ones on the 10-22 are junk.

If she's like me with the glasses, they tend to ride too low with a scope where I'm looking through the top frame and have to push them up on my nose. What helps with that are muff type hearing protection. The muffs help hold them up. Just a detail that helps me.....O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

Quote from: oladcock on July 22, 2010, 01:18:04 PM
Jeff, it should be fine. Push comes to shove there'll be loaner guns there. Work with her on fast mag changes. Don't know about the 702's open sights, the ones on the 10-22 are junk.

If she's like me with the glasses, they tend to ride too low with a scope where I'm looking through the top frame and have to push them up on my nose. What helps with that are muff type hearing protection. The muffs help hold them up. Just a detail that helps me.....O.L.

Thanks