News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Billboards up and Running in Texas

Started by spitstickler, July 07, 2010, 06:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

For those of you that didn't catch the radio show last night, Scout has put a lot of effort into getting Project Appleseed billboards put up around the country. The first one had to go up somewhere, so I guess Texas seemed like a pretty good place to begin.  ;)  

Scout has done all the legwork on this project and additional billboards will be going up in other states in the next few weeks as well. This is a pretty big step for our organization.

Big kudos for making this happen, Scout.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

4bfox

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Mogget

Boy, those look great!  And didn't he say that he's getting eight to ten phone calls a day about them?

Thanks, Scout!

Mogs

AZOpie

Very nice looking indeed! I remember hearing about the project a couple months back - glad to it it coming to fruition.  I'm thinking Scout has put some real time in on this one...:bow:

AZO

ksuguy

Looks nice.  Where is the billboard located?

Ratchett

Fantastic!!! Great billboard, cannot wait to see one on the trail.  ^:)^

Job well done Scout O0

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Evenstar

HUZZAH! Those are a beauty to behold! Congrats Texas! O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

mike93lx

That is absolutely fantastic.  Great job Scout!  O0

Mogget

Check with your state coordinator to see when they're scheduled to come to your state.  I think I've heard Indiana is next...

Mogs

spitstickler

Quote from: ksuguy on July 07, 2010, 07:50:23 PM
Looks nice.  Where is the billboard located?

I'm not sure of the exact location. Somewhere along the the interstate in Temple. Scout probably knows the specifics. The photos came from the company that put them up. There are actually two billboards, with one being really large and the other is a bit smaller.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

TruTenacity

Lookin' good.  I can't wait to see the activity on the ranges this brings to Texas.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

voortrekker

Beautiful!

Thank you Scout for making these billboards reality.

Thanks for your artistry in this goal Kirk.

Brett out.

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

alonso1

Mike

You have been working hard on this for a long time.  Well done my friend  O0

slim

Rocket Man

Wow.  That's some quality seventh-stepping there, that's for sure.  Double his pay!   **)

On a more sincere note, thank you for making it happen.  Job well done.

... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Aromatic

Scout

The 14X48 is on I35 in Temple Tx, positioned so that traveling North out of Temple (into the rest of the Nation) you observe the sign. The second sign is on the highway outside of the base at Ft. Hood and between the airport and the University in Killeen Tx. Indiana is indeed next. they have approved the artwork and you will see signs up in Terre Haute area and also Indianapolis in the next week or so.

There is a state "hit list" that I am working on with Mogget and Fred and any requests for signs should be sent to Mogget for consideration, but rest assured if your state has an Appleseed program, you are already on the list (if it does not have a program you are on the list too, but there are only two of those) :)

The more I am learning about billboards and outdoor advertising, and the companies who have connections to every other media the more excited I get about this. There are so many options and available programs we can have access to I have to wonder why more organizations are not taking advantage of it. The billboard project, when it reaches its full potential, will provide the org. with tens (possibly hundreds) of millions of dollars in outdoor/radio/television/internet advertising. The billboards are just the tip of the iceberg.  :)

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Gramma Goats

Are these FREE billboards?   If so with which outdoor company (Lamar is the first that comes to mind).  Can you  send a jpg of the board. . . Someone is quoted as saying 'if there is no pic it didn't happen  :D

There are some firearms companies that offer a donations program to various 501's  I would look into this for us once i get the OKAY GO FOR IT from 'whoever' (Fred i am gessing) gives the thumbs up.

Can we get a publicity thread started on the Adm list?  I am new to that list and i am not sure how to start the thread or if only committe heads are 'spose to do that.

Quote from: Scout on July 08, 2010, 03:36:48 PM
The 14X48 is on I35 in Temple Tx, positioned so that traveling North out of Temple (into the rest of the Nation) you observe the sign. The second sign is on the highway outside of the base at Ft. Hood and between the airport and the University in Killeen Tx. Indiana is indeed next. they have approved the artwork and you will see signs up in Terre Haute area and also Indianapolis in the next week or so.

There is a state "hit list" that I am working on with Mogget and Fred and any requests for signs should be sent to Mogget for consideration, but rest assured if your state has an Appleseed program, you are already on the list (if it does not have a program you are on the list too, but there are only two of those) :)

The more I am learning about billboards and outdoor advertising, and the companies who have connections to every other media the more excited I get about this. There are so many options and available programs we can have access to I have to wonder why more organizations are not taking advantage of it. The billboard project, when it reaches its full potential, will provide the org. with tens (possibly hundreds) of millions of dollars in outdoor/radio/television/internet advertising. The billboards are just the tip of the iceberg.  :)

"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Ratchett

We better get ready and get out to find more ranges!!!! :D :D

That is great to hear Scout----Thanks

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Gramma Goats

OPPS -- i scrolled down a long ways and found your post with the pics..... VERY NICE.  Love it!  It gives the remembrance of what we typically see with the Bill or Rights or the Constitution.

Can't wait to see them up in MO.

Quote from: Gramma Goats on July 08, 2010, 03:48:26 PM
Are these FREE billboards?   If so with which outdoor company (Lamar is the first that comes to mind).  Can you  send a jpg of the board. . . Someone is quoted as saying 'if there is no pic it didn't happen  :D

There are some firearms companies that offer a donations program to various 501's  I would look into this for us once i get the OKAY GO FOR IT from 'whoever' (Fred i am gessing) gives the thumbs up.

Can we get a publicity thread started on the Adm list?  I am new to that list and i am not sure how to start the thread or if only committe heads are 'spose to do that.

Quote from: Scout on July 08, 2010, 03:36:48 PM

"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Gramma Goats

I just 'blew' up the billboard and i see you have the org flag (stars in a circle) -- i have a company that i order flags from that has this flag as a lapel pin.  I have a few myself and we sell them in our store at the register.  Would this be something that we might want to have in the AppleSeed store?  I will CC Riflewomen on this thought.

vmt193

jacques

Two Words-Meriams Corner

Scout

Are these FREE billboards?   

They are not free by a longshot, but we do have a really great deal. If you have some ideas about how to help with this you can PM fred and give him an earfull of advice on this :) ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Gramma Goats

Maybe we can get different 'rifle , ammo etc' companies to SPONSOR a billboard.... for paying for it they get there name and /or logo in the corner.

Can you give me an idea of what we are paying to have the boards printed, installed and the monthly charges.

Quote from: Scout on July 08, 2010, 06:40:37 PM
Are these FREE billboards?   

They are not free by a longshot, but we do have a really great deal. If you have some ideas about how to help with this you can PM fred and give him an earfull of advice on this :) ;)

Josey Wales

....It looks great, very insperational and very professional indeed.......Makes me proud....Congatulations Texas..............
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Scout

Quote from: Josey Wales on July 09, 2010, 12:00:01 AM
....It looks great, very insperational and very professional indeed.......Makes me proud....Congatulations Texas..............

Thanks Josey, will I be seeing you this trip? I will be in Throop this weekend and Burlington Flats next.
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

Western Rose

Those are awesome! Good job making them and getting them set up!! O0 O0 O0
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast