News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 18th, 1775 and April 18th, 1942

Started by Old Dog, July 05, 2010, 11:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dog

Didn't know/realize this until a few minutes ago when I ran across this video http://www.youtube.com/user/MsPolleyVision

The Doolittle Raid on Japan.  Another war.  Another response to aggression.  Another set of patriots who took the fight to the enemy knowing they might not make it back home when the battle was over.  Only one day short of 167 years later than the battles at Lexington, Concord and the other towns along Battle Road.

Only 8 of the original 79 Airmen are still alive today.  If you watch the video think about those men and what they did.  Also, realize that most likely there will never be that many B25's in one place or flying together ever again.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

willorith

April 19, 1943, German soldiers screamed in horror "Juden haben waffen" ("The Jews have weapons") A few Jews in Warsaw  with a few rifles showed how effective riflemen can be.
We are but human.

dwarven1

Quote from: willorith on July 22, 2010, 11:00:47 PM
April 19, 1943, German soldiers screamed in horror "Juden haben waffen" ("The Jews have weapons") A few Jews in Warsaw  with a few rifles showed how effective riflemen can be.

Heh. Yes, we do. And we aren't going to forget, either. That is a major reason why I'm a gun owner, and why I attended my first Appleseed - so I could learn to effectively USE that M1 Garand of mine.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON