News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

N. CA Appleseeders: N. NV Needs Your Help W/ Jul & Aug Gun Shows!!!

Started by gglovesguns, July 02, 2010, 01:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

Reno has two gun shows coming its way: The Crossroads of the West Show in July and The Big Reno show in August. Does anyone from Northern California want to come up and pitch in at our tables? At this point, the only scheduled Nevada shoots aren't until October and they're down near Vegas. Someone passing out flyers for the frequent and close Sacramento shoots will probably get more bites than we will!

If you'd like to staff our table with us, here's the links to our sign up posts:

Crossroads (July 24-15) http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14743.0
Big Reno (Aug 13-15) http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14745.0

Alternatively, if you have any promotional materials you'd like us to distribute for you, PM me and I'll send you a mailing address.

Antibubba

Although I can't make either show, I did go to the last Big Reno, and it is a show not to be missed, especially for Californian who have to tango our way through state law!  It makes you realize how much work we have ahead of us.

It is an absolute blast; about a third to half the folks you talk to are from central and northern California, so you'll be promoting our shoots as well as Nevada's.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

gglovesguns

July was here and has gone... Starting in on August now. The August Big Reno Gun Show is upon us. Are there any riflemen out there who can pitch in for the 13-15th? We've requested a table. Now we're lining up the workers.

NorCal22Gal

Hi,

Eaglescouter & I will be at the show Saturday only and are willing to help out for a few hrs.

NorCal22Gal.

P.S. PM me with anything i can bring...are there free passes waiting for us or do we pay to get in? never done this before.....
:)

gglovesguns

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on August 05, 2010, 05:48:23 PM
Hi,

Eaglescouter & I will be at the show Saturday only and are willing to help out for a few hrs.

NorCal22Gal.

P.S. PM me with anything i can bring...are there free passes waiting for us or do we pay to get in? never done this before.....
:)

Thank you for being willing to help. Things will be more concrete once Lou is able to give us more information about our table. Last year, they didn't need passes because the table was in the lobby. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

I've never done this before either. I've only attended one Appleseed in my life, just a couple of months ago, so I'm as green as can be. Where/how do we get pamphlets? Props? Veterans of the program, PLEASE HELP!  :)

NorCal22Gal

I might suggest....mats, eyes, ears (things they should bring)...add a shooting jacket w/patches, paul revere's ride...general packet stuff...squares...eaglescouter did one for a boy scout event with the 6 steps, safe rifle and some other info on it.  printed on regular paper in bright colors but could be done on white as well.

Also if you feel comfortable doing so a LTR would be nice...if not a stock with sling works well too.

Banner if you got one.

Flags?

Some of this is stuff we do for Tea Party meetings or other functions we go to.

Contact shoot boss in your area for swat's and brochures.

NorCal22Gal

gglovesguns

Quote from: gglovesguns on August 05, 2010, 05:43:17 PM
July was here and has gone... Starting in on August now. The August Big Reno Gun Show is upon us. Are there any riflemen out there who can pitch in for the 13-15th? We've requested a table. Now we're lining up the workers.

Well, our table request was denied.  :( Lou at Big Reno said there is no space for us this year, although he has given us free space in years past. Oh well. Does anyone know of a shop or organization who might have a booth and who might be willing to share it with us? Thanks!

NorCal22Gal

bummer...  :(  Well eaglescouter and i will still be there in appleseed polos 7th stepping anyone who asks..... :)

NorCal22Gal

gglovesguns

There is new hope for the Big Reno show Appleseed table, see the following thread for all of the juicy details: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14745.0

gglovesguns

Okay everyone!!! I just got off of the phone with Lou. I jogged his memory about our program and he is willing to provide us with a FREE table. We'll be in the foyer next to where the Republican party has their table. Set up begins on Friday at 8 a.m. and we'll have the table all three days. I need help staffing the table!   Please post the times you are available to come help. The hours are Fri and Sat 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m.-3 p.m.

NorCal22Gal

Eaglescouter and NorCal22Gal will be available on sat.  I'll get back to you on times.

NorCal22Gal.

NorCal22Gal

Hi,
Sent you a pm...Eaglescouter and NorCal22Gal will be available Sat. and Sun., can't do Friday due to the whole job thing.....:(

Look forward to seeing you....

Laurie
NorCal22Gal

gglovesguns

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on August 10, 2010, 12:21:01 AM
Hi,
Sent you a pm...Eaglescouter and NorCal22Gal will be available Sat. and Sun., can't do Friday due to the whole job thing.....:(

Look forward to seeing you....

Laurie
NorCal22Gal

THANK YOU for stepping up and helping out with this.

gglovesguns

Okay riflemen and riflewomen, this is what we have so far:

Friday (show hours 9 a.m.-6 p.m.):
4p.m.-6 p.m.- Mr. gglovesguns

Saturday (show hours 9 a.m.-6 p.m.):
9 a.m.- 6 p.m. gglovesguns
Unknown time- NorCal22Gal
Unknown time- eaglescouter

Sunday (show hours 9 a.m.-3 p.m.):
Unknown time- NorCal22Gal
Unknown time- eaglescouter

PLEASE let me know if any of you can stand up and help out with this. We could sure use your boots on the ground here in Reno. Thanks in advance for all that you do to help Nevada catch up to you!

NorCal22Gal

NorCal22Gal and Eaglescouter will be there off and on all day, both days.  Just leaving long enough to browse....and food and.......

NorCal22Gal

gglovesguns

The gun show was a great success! About 75% of the people we talked to were from California; many were from the Red Bluff and Sacramento areas. Hopefully our tabling at the show will drive up attendance at those shoot locations. Here's a link to the AAR for the show if you're interested in reading it: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16045.0.

Thanks to all of the California Appleseeders who went above and beyond to help Northern Nevada get off the ground: Eaglescouter, NorCal22Gal, Balddragon and Jules. Your efforts and kindness are appreciated.