News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Duluth - July 24-25

Started by vmt193, June 29, 2010, 11:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

Where's everybody staying? Motel prices up there are insane!  ++)

vmt

russellmn

Mike I've got a couch at my place if you like.
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

javaguy

Well there may be camping available onsite.   I personally am hoping to stay with my folks in Cloquet  (the food is always good there!)..

AFTERMATH

I'm a gonna get a membership and camp at the range.   :cool2:
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

adamt

As far as camping goes I can call the board tomorrow. Last time I was there I got a membership, included is the ability to camp there. I could see, depending on how many people are planning on camping if they would reserve a site. I think that the sites are first come first serve but maybe because they are closing the range for our use they would hold a site. Who knows, it may not even be a busy camping weekend.

I will keep you updated.

AdamT.

If it is first come first serve I could try to snipe a site on friday morning.

I guess I just need to have an idea how many people would plan on camping there
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

russellmn

If I could camp there I would rather than driving back and forth...  maybe I'll have to buy a membership.
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Brad76

I too am planning on camping on site, as is my sister and brother in law.  I hope there's enough room!

AdamT:  couple questions for you.  Please let me know if you can help.  1)  What is involved with the membership?  2)  Do both my wife and I have to be members to camp, or just one of us?  3)  Do we need to get the membership in advance, or can we get it on site?

Thanks for any help!

Brad

adamt

This is the information as best as I can provide it. Camping is available on site on a first come first serve basis. No reservations allowed. The rules state that 2 people can stay per camp site. Membership at U.N.S. Can be purchased at the door. Questions can be asked at 218 721 4843. That is the number for the membership office.

I will continue to check on other camping options.

AdamT
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

adamt

Good news. Ironically a new campground just opened up like 1/2 mile through the woods behind the range. It is like a 5 minute drive. Rates are $30 per night with electric and water, or $20 per night for tents. Contact info; Dennis 218-391-5265. They said they do have open sites.

Maybe if we have a group of people that are camping we could save some coin and just get a few sites.

None the less, that's thu update for now.

AdamT

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Here's their membership fees:
QuoteMembership
We welcome new members. If you are interested in joining, please download a Membership Application from the links on the left portion of this page. The rates and benefits are listed below.

U.N.S. MEMBERSHIP FEES
Combination:

Adult, Spouse, and minor Children

1 year . $42.00

2 year . $82.00

Single Membership

1 year Man or Woman . $25.00

2 year Man or Woman . $48.00

Membership includes use of Club's Island Lake Retreat rifle range, picnic grounds, primitive camping, boat launching and water facilities plus 12 issues of the clubs monthly newsletter Sportsmen's News.

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

adamt

Just for another update on UNS campground. I was at the range this last weekend (july 10,11) and there was about a half dozen open campsites, including 2 of the lake front sites.
I don't know how busy it will be the weekend of the Appleseed, but if this weekend was any indication there should be a couple of open spots.

AdamT

--  Abraham Lincoln

Brad76

Quote from: adamt on July 12, 2010, 06:13:38 PM
Just for another update on UNS campground. I was at the range this last weekend (july 10,11) and there was about a half dozen open campsites, including 2 of the lake front sites.
I don't know how busy it will be the weekend of the Appleseed, but if this weekend was any indication there should be a couple of open spots.

AdamT

Last week I called the range and spoke to a fellow there (I have his name at home, not with me).  I asked about camping.  When I told him I was with Appleseed he told me not to worry, and that if necessary "We'll find a place for you."  I plan on arriving on Friday evening.

Brad

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Brad76 on July 14, 2010, 01:47:31 PM
Quote from: adamt on July 12, 2010, 06:13:38 PM

AdamT

Last week I called the range and spoke to a fellow there (I have his name at home, not with me).  I asked about camping.  When I told him I was with Appleseed he told me not to worry, and that if necessary "We'll find a place for you."  I plan on arriving on Friday evening.

Brad

Awesome!

Alright, all, let's turn up the promochine up on this shoot!

AFTERMATH

Oh, and uh...  BRING YOUR CENTERFIRES!!!

[Who leaves home without them anyway.... ???]

adamt

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there. I will proudly be able to show off my new orange hat and Rifleman patch.

See you in Duluth

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

javaguy

Quote from: AFTERMATH on July 19, 2010, 02:10:27 AM
Oh, and uh...  BRING YOUR CENTERFIRES!!!

[Who leaves home without them anyway.... ???]
Centerfires ready to roll!  Just need a gong at 300yds!

wintermute76

I'll be there Saturday  :)

I"ll grab the FAL or AR as well. About how many rounds of centerfire?

javaguy

Quote from: wintermute76 on July 22, 2010, 12:19:43 AM
I'll be there Saturday  :)

I"ll grab the FAL or AR as well. About how many rounds of centerfire?
Round counts for the entire weekend are often around 500 or maybe a little more depending.  Better to be on safe side  ;)

russellmn

You can probably get away with 200 or so rounds for JUST Saturday, Sunday seems to be the day we really run through ammo, though I would bring more ammo anyway.  If you're bringing a .22 as well, then 200 centerfire would be plenty, but I would recommend just running the real rifle all day over running the .22 at first and then switching partway through the day...
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

adamt

Are there going to be 2 lines all weekend, or at one point will a KD line branch off?  I believe there small bore range is 25M.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

russellmn

Here's a question... is anyone planning on heading up Friday evening and camping that night???  I've been thinking about doing so...
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

adamt

Russlemn. I can say that I plan on driving up tomorrow am. I hope to get a couple of hours of range time in prior to the dusk closing time then camping there. My brother ian will probably be there also.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

russellmn

What time ya plan to be there?  I'll meet ya up there.
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

adamt

I will repost when I depart the metro. I hope to be there no later then 4 or 5. We will see how the morning goes.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

I'll be heading up at 08:00....
Fix my sister's car, then I'll be there.

NOTE:  BEWARE of road destruction.....   Lots of orange!

Brad76

Me, my wife, sister and brother in law will be arriving at the range this evening about 17:00 or so. 

I hope it's not raining when I'm setting up the tent......

Brad

adamt

I am en route. See whoever there in a couple of hours

AdamT

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH