News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rochester - August 21-22

Started by vmt193, June 29, 2010, 11:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

This should be another good one. The line was almost full last time, so don't wait too long to get signed up! Info and Registration links are here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11742.0

vmt

Blackdog

Already signed up and have my brother and niece doing the same. My youngest son may also be joining us. There has been alot of buzz at the range about this, so I expect the line to be full very soon.

See you there!!

BD

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Blackdog on July 01, 2010, 10:25:53 PM
Already signed up and have my brother and niece doing the same. My youngest son may also be joining us. There has been alot of buzz at the range about this, so I expect the line to be full very soon.

See you there!!

BD

Awesome!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

gmw

So it's official now?  (As of the LaCrosse shoot, it was still unconfirmed.)  Awesome!  I'll endeavor to be there one day, if not both.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: gmw on July 02, 2010, 12:07:43 AM
So it's official now?  (As of the LaCrosse shoot, it was still unconfirmed.)  Awesome!  I'll endeavor to be there one day, if not both.
That it is!
I hope to see you there!

Attatched is the updated MN Flyer!
Download it.
Print off 10 trillion.
Pass em out.
And let's fill this shoot!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Blackdog

Is there a way to see how many are signed up for this A.S. so far?

vmt193

Quote from: Blackdog on July 12, 2010, 10:36:54 PM
Is there a way to see how many are signed up for this A.S. so far?

The pre-reg list is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10584.0

It should be updated by tomorrow morning.

vmt

Blackdog

I've been posting flyers at everywhere I can (Gander Mt, Coyote Creek G.S, etc) and have at least 3 fam members coming. Kinda surprised there are only 7 pre-registered so far, but it seems to be a pattern that these events don't fill up until the week prior. I still expect to fill the line on this one.

Gonna shoot an AR this time, and went to the range today to adjust the sights. Then shot a few practice AQT's. I'm ready  O0

When do you start setting up? I'd like to lend a hand.

BD

AFTERMATH

QuoteI've been posting flyers at everywhere I can (Gander Mt, Coyote Creek G.S, etc) and have at least 3 fam members coming. Kinda surprised there are only 7 pre-registered so far, but it seems to be a pattern that these events don't fill up until the week prior. I still expect to fill the line on this one.
While that is the trend, we cannot afford to rest on this assumption.  Are there any local papers or radio stations you can get time on? 

Blackdog

Quote from: AFTERMATH on July 31, 2010, 11:10:16 PM
QuoteI've been posting flyers at everywhere I can (Gander Mt, Coyote Creek G.S, etc) and have at least 3 fam members coming. Kinda surprised there are only 7 pre-registered so far, but it seems to be a pattern that these events don't fill up until the week prior. I still expect to fill the line on this one.
While that is the trend, we cannot afford to rest on this assumption.  Are there any local papers or radio stations you can get time on? 

I may have a face for radio, but I don't think I'll be doing any interviews. For now, I'll continue to win folks over, one or two at a time.

AFTERMATH

Win them over?   ???

That's what we do once they're there!  ;)

Beg, plead, trick them; whatever you have to do. >:D
They'll thank you later.  O0

Actually, Pre-Regs are climbing!
So, you must be doing something right!
Keep on, keeping on!

Aftermath

dragonfly

We are at 12 pre regs as of today 11 Aug  :sos: :sos: :sos: . Focus, focus, focus. Lets get this one filled up  :~ :~ :~ :~ .

dragonfly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

AFTERMATH

Tell everyone we're importing a hard-core Wisconsinoisian SB just for this special occasion!
From what I hear, he was assembled of spare parts commandered from Fred's warehouse down in Ramseur.
Specifcally engineered to hammer out Rifleman quicker than the Chinese can make cheap plastic toys.
Boys and Girls, you are in for a treat!

dragonfly

Now pre regs are down to 11  :wall:. How does this happen  :sos: ? The numbers are supposed to go up not down. Come on MN show what your made of  :-[ .

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

sparks1

Anyone camping ??? KOA is 1>2 miles away. Thinking about it vs driving home. Anyone, anyone?
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

dragonfly

I plan on camping. Actually sleeping in the back of my truck  8) .

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

AFTERMATH

I'm up for camping!

Sparks, you wanna make the arrangements?

russellmn

I'm in for camping!!!  I'll probably just use the back of my truck as well...
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

dragonfly

If your going to the KOA don't forget to put out some flyers  O0

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

sparks1

At this point I am not sure about camping...may have to drive home for the night. I can't say for sure yet, and may not know till I call in after the shoot.

VMT sent me a link to a campground nearby...cheaper than KOA. Showers etc. it's a county campground. It's called " Chester Woods Park" Koa is $30. per 2 people for camping. I believe Chester Woods is $18.00.

I've been known to sleep in the VW...ask VMT about Leeds, ND. I got a cooler of ice water dumped on me 'cos I did not stake my tent. Relying on a cooler to hold it in place. Got soaked with ice water early Sunday morning. Gave up and crawled in the the Vdub. Not one of my best moves!

I plan on being at Rochester early with the target backers for VMT...see ya then. How's the student/instructor ratio?
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

dragonfly

We have plenty of room for walk on's  8) , so bring friends and neighbor's. 11 pre regs.  :wb: and room for 40  :sos:

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

vmt193

I'm REALLY trying to get the wife to attend, but she's still fighting it. I'm not sure we prepare our instructors for a hardcase like her. I haven't had any luck with teaching her to shoot in the last 35 years maybe one you guys can do better.

dragonfly

This would be the one to go to. High instructor to student ratio  :cool2:. I have been able to talk my wife into 2  :wall: (so far) Appleseed's. It is best if another instructor helps her. I think Martin's wife Jo is planning to shoot on Sunday.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

AFTERMATH

TheDud

Late to the party (I know  :-[ ) I'm driving down with AFTERMATH, and we're planning on camping.  Is there a movement to either the KOA or the county campground?  If anyone sees this before tomorrow, give AFTERMATH a call on his cell  :sos:

russellmn

I'll be sleeping in the back of my truck, Aftermath, gimme a call when you figure out where you're staying, I'll meet ya there.
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

russellmn

Just checked the weather for this weekend...  looks like lows in the 60s, highs in the mid-80s, sunny, 0% chance of rain, light winds both days 7-8mph.   
Should be a nice weekend for  :---
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

dragonfly

If anyone needs to reach my me cell is 608-370-1747 . I plan on camping somewhere  :cool2: .

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

russellmn

D-fly, I've got your's now.    @@)  Mine's 218-393-4735  I'll be camping wherever I find a good place to park! :D
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Cooper

Quote from: vmt193 on August 19, 2010, 02:11:46 PM
I'm REALLY trying to get the wife to attend, but she's still fighting it. I'm not sure we prepare our instructors for a hardcase like her. I haven't had any luck with teaching her to shoot in the last 35 years maybe one you guys can do better.

VMT:
I hope to be there both days, and if Jo is there Sunday your wife won't feel completely overwhelmed by the testosterone levels...
Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim