News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

California Instructor Shoot Piru June 12, 2010

Started by Dano, June 13, 2010, 06:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano

The first annual Instructor Shoot and Barbeque was held in Piru California June 12th. It started out with a little bit of brush clearing and cleanup on the range to get ready for the summer season. The shooting began with sighting in the rifles of the participants, Bob 210, Sespe, Rock-Chucker, ASMinuteman, and Grandson of Liberty who showed up in time for lunch. We started with a Redcoat shot with a one minute time limit. Rock Chucker had the high score although no one cleared the redcoat. This was so much fun we did it one more time. This time two people ASMinuteman and Rock-Chucker cleared the Redcoat. Rock-Chucker was closet to the center of the head shot to win the tie breaker.

After this it was on to the AQTs. We had time for one AQT and then it was lunchtime. Lunch was cooked and prepared by Steve and Jason. The lunch consisted of burgers, chicken, sausage, and the famous JB's Potato Salad. The food was excellent; and as a shoot boss it was fun to see everyone try to squeeze into a sitting positions after eating.

After lunch it was more AQT's, some black powder shooting, and shooting at the newly realigned 100 yard steel plate. Rock-Chucker hit the 8 inch steel plate 9 times out of 10 from the offhand position! Grandson of Liberty hit the plate 6 times out of 10. Rock-Chucler also had the high score of the day for AQT's with a couple of 217s and one 238! Outstanding shooting. I think next time we will just call this event Rock-Chucker Day!

Prizes were provided by Advantek Marketing, Inc. and Cold Steel.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

SavageShootr

I see the resulting line up, after JBs infamous potato salad was consumed. You guys will never learn.  ::)

Looks like a fun day. Sorry I had to miss it.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Junior Birdman

Geeez!  You get a little pukey from bad potato salad ONE TIME and you're forever labeled a nancy boy!  ;D  (Is that a brass plaque with my name on it bolted to the porta jon door?  :cool2:)

Would have loved to have been there! I flew over about 0830, but it was overcast and I couldn't see y'all.  I just don't understand the low turnout. Let's see...... you whack a few weeds, pick up a little trash, and then spend the rest of the day SHOOTING and EATING!!!!  (And we all know how little we get to shoot) What's not to love?

Congrats on a good day for our Instructors! Maybe next time I can make it. But I'll pass on the potato salad.........

JB

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Dano

The low turnout was not an issue for me. We had fun, fun ,fun. The next Instructor shoot will be October 9th 2010 in Piru, set the date on your calendars. We will use the same format as we did for this one. Lots of prizes, good food and great camping! JB if you can make we will hold back on the potato salad!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

LayloPro

Geeez!  You get a little pukey from bad potato salad ONE TIME and you're forever labeled a nancy boy!

Naw.....but it could have been the pink CAUTION tape that was available for AQT "Identification"........ O0 **) **) **) **) ;D

Besides....."a little??" I didn't get out there for that RBC 'til Thursday, and you were just then starting to feel human again!! @) **) **) **)

Geez, these pilots....... 8) ~~:) ;D ;D ;D

Look forward to spending time in the PI & Ru with you again, my friend!!  O0 O0 O0 :~ :~ :~

C-ya soon!!

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

bob 210

Quote from: Dano on June 14, 2010, 11:03:51 PM
   The low turnout was not an issue for me. We had fun, fun ,fun. The next Instructor shoot will be October 9th 2010 in Piru, set the date on your calendars. We will use the same format as we did for this one. Lots of prizes, good food and great camping! JB if you can make we will hold back on the potato salad!

In fact if JB comes out for the Oct 9th instructor shoot, we could set up for an RBC from Sunday Oct 10 thru Sunday Oct 17th as we already have an Appleseed set up at Piru for Oct 16-17! How about it JB?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

polygunner

I'm bummed  I missed the instructor shoot and now it looks like I'll miss the next one. IBC in Sac the same weekend. Can I show up late for the RBC? Monday or so? Looks like a good time and I've got to get to see this Piru range I hear so much about.
pg

DragonWood

Quote from: bob 210 on June 15, 2010, 03:53:06 PM
Quote from: Dano on June 14, 2010, 11:03:51 PM

In fact if JB comes out for the Oct 9th instructor shoot, we could set up for an RBC from Sunday Oct 10 thru Sunday Oct 17th as we already have an Appleseed set up at Piru for Oct 16-17! How about it JB?

Bob210 extended the invitation to me to come for the RBC as well! JB and I love coming out to CA!! It is marked on my calendar!

Hey Savage....one request, please don't put the propane heater in my tent to warm it up! ;)

Looking forward to another CA RBC!!!!

DW

Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

Junior Birdman

OK, Bob. I'll come. But I must tell you that I have noted a trend of late. "Visitors" from outside the Golden Sate attend Piru shoots at their own peril. I specifically mention a couple of innocent looking "Incidents" from the recent past. Bad potato salad. CO2 in the tent. Just accidents, I'm sure.  ::) I feel a little like Inspector Clouseau returning home, and having to be on the alert to the inevitable attack from Kato. But be warned: I WILL be ready this time.  &)
   Now, I have a few demands that must be met: I want a food taster. I want a caged canary in my tent. Since I'll be flying in, I'll need a supply of firearms, ammo, knives, etc. Just a simple safety precaution.  A Swedish masseuse would be nice, to sooth my tired muscles after a long day toilling on the range. And make it a woman too. Oh, yeah, and pork. Lot's of pork.   JB
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

jacques

Oh, you are just asking for it with pork.  :P
Two Words-Meriams Corner

artkat2

Okay...
  I'll be food taster, and...rifle bringer (to a limited extent. May want Dano or Kool if you want a real variety!)

Pork? Well... as official food tester to the MI set...BRING IT!

I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Western Rose

Quote from: Junior Birdman on June 21, 2010, 11:03:00 AM
I want a food taster

Better be careful with that one! You might get a 12 yr. old boy with a hollow leg.

"Your food is just fine, JB."
"OK... Hey! Where'd it all go!?!"
"Well, you TOLD me to taste it.... and it was really good!"
"Well, then. I'll just eat yours."
"But I already ate mine."
"Go get me some more."
"There isn't anymore. I was hungry."

**) **) **) **) **)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

SavageShootr

Western Rose must know my granddaughter....
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

Dano

Ok for JB I will make sure no Potato Salad and lots of pork. I have a pig box so if we have enough folks we slow cook a whole pig!

For Dragonwood I will make sure that I put new batteries in the CO2 detector in the camper.

On the serious side I will bring the camper out so you can have a place to stay that is a little nicer than a tent. Dragonwood you can have the master suite.

Dano

LayloPro

Heh!! Squeeky is world renowned in the AS world.......altho' I think WR may have heard some stories..... :o ;D ;D ;D @)

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Western Rose

Quote from: LayloPro on June 21, 2010, 11:21:35 PM

Heh!! Squeeky is world renowned in the AS world.......altho' I think WR may have heard some stories..... :o ;D ;D ;D @)

@) ;D ;)

I SHOULD have said a "kid with a hollow leg" and "But there isn't anything left... except potato salad, and you said not to give you any of that." @)

You know, I have the feeling somebody is just going to LOVE Idaho. :D ::)

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

jacques

I just noticed, have the stars under our names always been there! How do you get more stars? ???

So JB, loolks like the menu will be:

Pork chops,
Pork loin
Ham
Left over ham
Left over pork chops
Carnitas
pulled pork

Oh Dano, you have  cooker? We can have a boot camp luau. A pineappleseed. Shoot coconuts and everything. Instructors all wear grass skirts.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

LayloPro

OOooohhhhh!! Ooohhhhhh!! Coconuts?!?!?!??!

At distance!!!!?????!?!?!?!?

I wanna come to -this- one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

After seeing how much splatter a 20mm will do to a seagull, I -realllllllly- wanna see what my 25-06 will do to a coconut!!!!!!! :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

Jacques, word of warning.....I see you in a grass skirt, I will be shooting first, asking questions later!!! #) %) %) %) %) ++) $$-0

JB, beware of both "greasy pork chops", and "pulled pork"......you know what I mean....... >:D O0 **) **) **) **) ;D ..:.. &) :))

And yeah, we have JB & SS who have like some kind of record posting quantity, and the "young lady" has us all beat on stars.....wha' hoppened??? ??? :o ;D @) :))

I'm confused now....... %)

SavageShootr

Quote from: jacques on June 22, 2010, 12:44:41 AM
I just noticed, have the stars under our names always been there! How do you get more stars? ???

More stars can only mean more work. Check out a newbies stars, then check Western Rose.

I think I will be happy with the stars I have.... I know how much work I do with my 5 stars. I cannot imagine how much she does to earn that many.

Western Rose

QuoteInstructors all wear grass skirts.

Shesh! No wonder Dad won't ever let me go to California! :o :o

Quote from: jacques on June 22, 2010, 12:44:41 AM

Quote from: LayloPro on June 22, 2010, 03:02:16 AM
And yeah, we have JB & SS who have like some kind of record posting quantity, and the "young lady" has us all beat on stars.....wha' hoppened??? ??? :o ;D @) :))

I'm confused now....... %)

Not THAT question -again-. That's got to be one of the questions I'm asked most. $$-0 **)

OK, There are Newbies, Full Members, Sr. Members, and Hero Members.
For each "status" there are 8 stars.
Each star is given for a certain amount of chit-chat.... er... I mean, work... Also known as "posting".

After a Newbie has 8 stars (as a Newbie), and he earns another one (by posting more), he ends up with a "status" upgrade to Full Member, and one star.
After a Full Member earns 8 stars (as a Full Member), and he earns another one (by posting more), he ends up with a "status" upgrade to Sr. Member, and one star.
After a Sr. Member earns 8 stars (as a Sr. Member), and he earns another one (by posting more), he ends up with a "status" upgrade to Hero Member, and one star.
Here's where it gets tricky (Kind of like 3, 3, 3, and then it suddenly changes to 4). Hero Member is where it stops. Not only that, but the stars for Hero Members is 5 stars. No more. You can't end up with 8 stars as a Hero Member. (At least, from what I've seen).
It's just a forum thing that upgrades your "status" and "stars" by how many posts you have.

Now, if you want to get even MORE tricky, add "moderator" (on this board that would be Bob 210) or "administrator" (like Fred).
A moderator of a board automatically gets 5 green stars.
An administrator automatically gets 5 red stars.

Now, in case there is still any question, SS does WAY more work than I do. O0
LLP has just chit-chatted a whole lot more. @)

50th Appleseed

LayloPro

Now who is "Bob 201"?? Did he get demoted?? Or did he run out of stars??
Man, I am -really- confused now......... %) #) :sos: **) **) **) **) **) ++) :))

Western Rose

What are you talking about? $$-0

Confusing you again?? Well, let's just say... that's not to hard to do.

BTW, how was the Instructor Shoot?? ???

50th Appleseed

SavageShootr