News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Road Trip

Started by HollywoodMarine, June 07, 2010, 12:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HollywoodMarine

Who wants to go with me to the CAP shoot in AZ?  :)  Come on guys this will be fun, its THE AIR FORCE! It will be like going to a day spa in the desert but with guns. >:D  They have great chow and even AC in there buildings. And even if you can't make it maybe your LTR can.

All joking aside they need help guys.  :sos:  Either bodies or LTR's so drop me a line and tell me how we can help.
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

artkat2

First, WHEN is this CAP shoot?

B, WHAT is a CAP shoot?

Lastly, WHERE in AZ is the CAP shoot?

Let's see what you've got before I reply in the affirmative!!

Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

HollywoodMarine

Civil Air Patrol at Evergreen Aviation in Marana, AZ.

It is on the 15 of June! That's next week  ??? And the shoot will Last OHHH 4 hours which means we need to
:--- Oh did I mention there will be 100 kids  ++) All you guys who came out when I SB the boy scouts thought it was bad at 35 HAHAHA

You ask why I would be willing to drive that far for just 4 hours of range time with quadruple way to many people to actually give a decent amount of training to.

Maybe because when I was 14 and a cadet in the CAP I got 5 min behind an M-16a2, and got to flip the fun button  ^:)^
Or maybe it was the first time I went up in a glider with a WWII pilot in the back seat and he tried to make me puke  $$-0

Or was it the time I got to sit on the lowered rear ramp of a Coast Guard KC-130 over Lake Tahoe.  O0

Or was it the ANG Huey ride up the Sacramento River.  All this before I was 15, so you can say I owe it to the kids who came after me.

This is a dame fine organization that does a lot for people who need help. 

So who is up for a road trip  ++)
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

artkat2

My apologies Hollywood Marine,
  It does sound like more fun than a person should be allowed to have!
But, I can not make this road trip.

Maybe one like it in the future...?

Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Cal 7.62

Sounds like a blast  :--- (no pun intended) unfortunately I can't make it but my LTR's can. (along with Kens)
Are you going to the Instructor BBQ @ Piru this weekend? I'm gonna be there for a while, but not sure how long. I could leave them with someone for you to pick up later.
Cal 7.62 out
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

NEWGUY556

Thanks for loaning the LTR's fellas. I think now we can meet the goal of 25.
HM Thanks for volunterring to come out to the Desert and helping us out. Hopefully in the future there will be more notice.
RWVA, Rifleman
Dangerous Middle Aged Man
Gun up...Send it....... HIT!

AZOpie

I just love Appleseeders!

The amount of support we are getting for this event is unbelievable and I can't thank everyone enough for doing what they can. The cadets have had "some shooting" at their encampments in the past, but nothing on the order of what they will experience this year. There will be several key organizations in Arizona that get the opportunity to get a look at just what kind of professionals we have in the Appleseed instructor corps, and hopefully will lead to a rapid expansion of the program here.

Thanks again for helping out!

AZO