News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramah, CO May 29-30, 2010

Started by Sheepdog, May 31, 2010, 02:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepdog

Shooters! This is the place to post after action reports about your experience at this shoot.

More infor and photos to follow.

Basic info

4 Riflemen
1 New RWVA Instructor
1 New IIT
2 (at least IIT promotions)

30 some shooters who made incredible shooting advances.

Like I said, more to follow. Sheepdog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

EEL

OK Sheepdog.  Out with it.  ~~:)  We want the scoop.  Enough with the teasing now  >:D   

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

RF

Had a great time as usual. It was somewhat windy but no rain or snow for a nice change. We met my personal goal of NO EARLY or LATE shots!  8)
Looking forward to the next event,
RF
(Bob)
Celeste, Texas

Colorado Pete

A very good shoot with very good shooters and, except for a bit of wind Saturday, good weather!
Couldn't find my sunblock Sunday, got a nice burned neck now. Oops!
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

Sheepdog

Here are some photos,
The group
Our Riflemen and new IIT, Trigger Hippy!
ColoPete getting his Red Hat
ColoPete with his new hat
Trigger Hippy and Longrifle

More to come...chime in.

Mike/Sheepdog

Sheepdog

This event went very well. From my perspective everyone worked hard and made improvements. We had families present, several sharp shooting ladies, many young people. Plus we were on the high plains of Colorado...does it get better than this?

The Ben Lohman range is one of the best. Able to accommodate many activities at once and two(at least) KD ranges. Would be perfect for a Rifleman Boot Camp. RBC.  Oh, hey there will be a RBC there in June! I heard that the RBC was going to be run by THE GUY. You don't want to miss that. Back on track, great facility, friendly folks.

Weather, plenty of sun, stiff wind at times, blue skies, puffy clouds...looked kind of like a post card.

On my side of the berm we had some dedicated shooters. Congrats to John Jr., and Tyler who found the way to Rifleman on Sunday. Both shooting around 228, Tyler with a CMP M1G and ball ammo. Brian left banging on the door with some new ideas for the next shoot. Everyone persevered and persisted.

Great job Longrifle for running another great shoot. Thanks also to the IITs...can't do it without you, Thanks for your dedication, all you do off the line, and your willingness to grow on the journey.

We had Skinner, RF, Franktown Kid, ColoradoPete, OneShotOneHole and Yous guys are real pros. Look forward to working with you again. O0

Thanks again shooters  ^:)^

Sheepdog Out...headed to the iaar.

Trigger Hippie

Speaking of shooting advances, I made a quantum leap in Ramah... and it felt more like play than work.  How did y'all do that?  The instruction offered by you guys--red and orange hats--is incredible, and I was very, very fortunate to have had Long Rifle nearby for coaching and encouragement.  Thank you, all of you.  Your patience and dedication is admirable.

Perfect weather, great storytelling, fun shooting exercises, and quality companionship.  I was so exhausted by the end of the weekend that I had to pull off and nap at the side of the road on the drive back home; but it was all so much fun, I hated to see it end.  Next Ramah shoot, I'll be camping out.  Why spend all that time driving back and forth to the Springs when I could be hanging out with Appleseeders?

Man, I love this organization.  I wish I was free for that RBC, but I'll be looking forward to seeing some of you again in Fountain.

And I'm determined to bring someone with me next time.  This is too good a thing to not be shared.
Liberty is the solution of all social and economic questions.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: Trigger Hippie on June 01, 2010, 06:38:09 PM
Speaking of shooting advances, I made a quantum leap in Ramah... and it felt more like play than work.  How did y'all do that?  The instruction offered by you guys--red and orange hats--is incredible, and I was very, very fortunate to have had Long Rifle nearby for coaching and encouragement.  Thank you, all of you.  Your patience and dedication is admirable.

Perfect weather, great storytelling, fun shooting exercises, and quality companionship.  I was so exhausted by the end of the weekend that I had to pull off and nap at the side of the road on the drive back home; but it was all so much fun, I hated to see it end.  Next Ramah shoot, I'll be camping out.  Why spend all that time driving back and forth to the Springs when I could be hanging out with Appleseeders?

Man, I love this organization.  I wish I was free for that RBC, but I'll be looking forward to seeing some of you again in Fountain.

And I'm determined to bring someone with me next time.  This is too good a thing to not be shared.

Congratulations to our new Riflemen!

Trigger Hippie - I am so proud of you. Glad to see you out on the trail.  :)

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Trigger Hippie

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on June 15, 2010, 12:30:06 AM

Congratulations to our new Riflemen!

Trigger Hippie - I am so proud of you. Glad to see you out on the trail.  :)

SNAITF!  Thank you :)
Liberty is the solution of all social and economic questions.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Johnnyappleseed

Way to go Colorado 8)
Congratulations to the new Riflemen and welcome aboard .
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge