News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cleaning Up Old Posts

Started by montana shooter, May 29, 2010, 12:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montana shooter

This is probably more geared to Glocker, and maybe higher up the food chain, but I was just wondering if we can get some of the older postings/topics cleared from the board.  It seems to be getting awful busy.....'specially for a techno-nard like me.  Maybe even move the outdated stuff into some kind of vault for future references.

I don't mean any of the pertinant stuff, like the latest in IIT stuff, reloading AS schedules, tips and such, but the old crap that doesn't pertain any more could go away, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.  It would certainly take a whole lot less time navigating around the site to find good info.  Maybe it's just too time consuming for the web folks.

If I'm out of line on this, it probably won't be the last time today.
thanks for your input.
kb
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

glocker21

Quote from: montana shooter on May 29, 2010, 12:17:10 PM
This is probably more geared to Glocker, and maybe higher up the food chain, but I was just wondering if we can get some of the older postings/topics cleared from the board.  It seems to be getting awful busy.....'specially for a techno-nard like me.  Maybe even move the outdated stuff into some kind of vault for future references.

I don't mean any of the pertinant stuff, like the latest in IIT stuff, reloading AS schedules, tips and such, but the old crap that doesn't pertain any more could go away, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.  It would certainly take a whole lot less time navigating around the site to find good info.  Maybe it's just too time consuming for the web folks.

If I'm out of line on this, it probably won't be the last time today.
thanks for your input.
kb

I completely hear what you are saying. I like to keep stuff for reference, but I will see what I can do. Remember, once it is gone it is gone. I will look at view count and remove low view count if i can
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

montana shooter

Thanks....I was thinking along the lines of that fella last June thinking about moving to Montana.....Funfaler coming to Montana over a year ago....somebody needing a loaner rifle for an upcoming shoot that's over with....again, over a year ago.  Some of these posts, not only in Montana, but on the Main Page are over 2 years old and have nothing to do with us any more.
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

glocker21

Quote from: montana shooter on May 29, 2010, 12:32:17 PM
Thanks....I was thinking along the lines of that fella last June thinking about moving to Montana.....Funfaler coming to Montana over a year ago....somebody needing a loaner rifle for an upcoming shoot that's over with....again, over a year ago.  Some of these posts, not only in Montana, but on the Main Page are over 2 years old and have nothing to do with us any more.

Oh I agree, but I am limited as to my access to the forum. By access I mean how much time I have to devote to maintenance of it. I will clean as much as I can when I can. Thanks for the heads up
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese