News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010 Summer/Fall MN IBC

Started by Whisker, May 11, 2010, 05:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

MN needs an IBC... especially since we'll be picking up some new instructors this summer.

Can anyone host? Joe308 with your backyard range?

Any ideas on dates? 

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

javaguy

Quote from: Whisker on May 11, 2010, 05:42:16 PM
MN needs an IBC... especially since we'll be picking up some new instructors this summer.
Can anyone host? Joe308 with your backyard range?
Any ideas on dates? 

Yes this would be very good.  Would you envision a 2-day classroom setting plus a day for some range time?  Maybe towards fall?

sparks1

I totally agree with Whisker...Mn. IBC. Sounds like a great way to reinforce Appleseed instruction and get some more knowledge for the events.

Wish I had a facility to host one.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

adamt

You can put me down in the interested group.

I am shooting fore rifleman at the next event I can make it to.

Instructing is what I am more interested in.

I will be watching with interest.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Quote from: adamt on May 12, 2010, 11:17:15 PM
You can put me down in the interested group.

I am shooting fore rifleman at the next event I can make it to.

Instructing is what I am more interested in.

I will be watching with interest.

AdamT.

New Lisbon, WI-This weekend!
About a 4hr drive from Duluth...  Even if you can only make one day; you were so close, you'll make it if you've been practicing.
It was several shoots before I got one closer than 4.5 hrs from my place.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

adamt

I would love to make it but I just got done with a 4300 mile road trip this last monday. I may just check the wisconsin schedule over though.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

russellmn

any interest in doing one right before the July Duluth shoot?  Could go wed/thur/fri at my cabin in Moose Lake then head up to run the shoot?
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

AFTERMATH

Quote from: russellmn on May 28, 2010, 11:39:03 PM
any interest in doing one right before the July Duluth shoot?  Could go wed/thur/fri at my cabin in Moose Lake then head up to run the shoot?

I like the idea, may be difficult to get an SI/MI on the weekdays though.
If there's 'nough interest, we could investigate the possibility.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Sven

Is there any interest in doing one in the November/December time frame?  I would be willing to try and get one put together for then either at the Oakdale range or the Minneapolis Rifle Club range up by Elk River.  ..:..

Sven
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

sparks1

Sven: The MRC range "by" Elk River...could it be Minnetonka Game & Fish also ?  I am a member and tryed to get an AS there, but was kinda stonewalled. But if you know George and can pull some strings, I would say great.

October works well, but I don't know how many here deer hunt. I usually take a week off for that. The woods clear my head.

(John Maxwell)

colycat

You guys have to find the time and a way for the Bowler WI IBC.  We have room for everyone to sleep inside and we have and will use the 400 yrd range on Sunday.  The IIT's will run the event for the full distance shoot.  Sunday aft.

Plus you get the boarder raiding patch!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

Boarder Raidin' patch!
How frickin' cool is that?

Pop quiz?  From the 25m zero; how many clicks does an M1a have to come up for 400yrds?

three

I'm with RussellMN on this one.  I would like to add that the invite doesn't have to be for just that week.  We could host it just about any time other than July 3-12, as he and I will be at the RBC in Rolla.  Any thoughts on a good weekend?
Collosians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.  Do it for the Lord, and not for man."

colycat

Quote from: AFTERMATH on June 08, 2010, 01:10:21 AM
Boarder Raidin' patch!

Pop quiz?  From the 25m zero; how many clicks does an M1a have to come up for 400yrds?

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

Quote from: colycat on June 08, 2010, 09:50:59 AM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on June 08, 2010, 01:10:21 AM
Boarder Raidin' patch!

MN?  Where are you?  You see, you let you're guard down for one second and the boarder is compromised....
That Colycat is an expert boarder-raider!  O'er land, air and sea you've got to keep watch.
How can we possibly defend ourselves against such a regulated force of interlopers, you ask?
Well, you've got to beat them at their own game!  The best defense is a good offense!

Wagons east!
Huzza!

Quote from: three on June 08, 2010, 01:47:26 AM
I'm with RussellMN on this one.  I would like to add that the invite doesn't have to be for just that week.  We could host it just about any time other than July 3-12, as he and I will be at the RBC in Rolla.  Any thoughts on a good weekend?
While it is a great idea; we would have difficulties with attendance and staffing for the weekdays.  Especially, with this being short notice.
For an IBC we need 4? committed attendees and a MI or SI.
However, perhaps, we could have some sort of convention, with an IBC-ish agenda.....
Why don't you and Russell begin drumming up some interest; if anything, I'm sure we could figure out a way to have a good time. ;)

three

RussellMN and I make two attendees, so that's a start!  As to an MI or SI, Aftermath or someone else would have to deal with that.  (I apologize for not knowing everyone on here yet!).  Our cabin doesn't have a lot of room, but there's plenty of room for camping, or a hotel ten minutes away, too.  I would love to see this happen this summer if possible, but fall, winter, and spring work, too.
Collosians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.  Do it for the Lord, and not for man."

colycat

three

Quote from: colycat on June 08, 2010, 05:01:57 PM
Bowler Wisconsin. June 18 19 20, 2010.  IBC, all are invited.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=44.846985,+-88.975160&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=59.597077,76.025391&ie=UTF8&ll=44.846224,-88.972296&spn=0.006618,0.013368&t=h&z=17
I would love to, but I'm leading the worship service at church that weekend!  I'm not sure which is more fun! :)
www.missioncovenantchurch.org  yes, it's a WI church!  I used to live ten minutes from there.  A bit of a drive now...

Mogget

leading the worship service at church that weekend!

So trade off!  I did, and I am sure someone will take an option for a future favor.  Really, events like this don't come often.  

Plus, you can talk to Colycat about where that horseman business really comes from.

Mogs

sparks1

Come on now...am I to be the only border raider from Mn.??  It should be a great time...looking forward to putting a face to a name.

Colycat no problem, he's been over on the Mn. side alot. I remember a few from my first AS. 10 days away!!!!Time is gonna drag 'til the 18th.

(John Maxwell)

three

Quote from: Mogget on June 08, 2010, 05:23:24 PM

So trade off!  I did, and I am sure someone will take an option for a future favor.  Really, events like this don't come often.  

Plus, you can talk to Colycat about where that horseman business really comes from.

Mogs
I can't trade off, I'm the fill-in!  I want to attend the IBC, or any IBC.  But my first obligation is to God and my church family who have supported me so much in the last several years.  I'll definitely look into attending on Saturday.  Some is better than none, but I don't know if that will happen.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: three on June 09, 2010, 03:23:43 AM
Quote from: Mogget on June 08, 2010, 05:23:24 PM

Mogs
I can't trade off, I'm the fill-in!  I want to attend the IBC, or any IBC.  But my first obligation is to God and my church family who have supported me so much in the last several years.  I'll definitely look into attending on Saturday.  Some is better than none, but I don't know if that will happen.

God first!  That is most honorable.   @)
We want to keep God in Minnesota.  Lest we shall succumb to evil.
Should we succumb to evil, how ever will we succeed?
Besides, from what I can gather; he has many seeds to sow at the Mission Covenant Church. ;)
Did he tell you Wisinoisians about the huge sporting convention they host there, yet?
Something like 2,000 attendees, tables available. ::)
Or should we keep NW Wisconsin for ourselves? >:D

Sparks, you will most probably find yourself accompanied by myself.
I cannot be sure untill after this weekend; but I should be able to assist your efforts behind the Cheddar Curtain.

sparks1

Yeah...hope you make it, and any others from Mn. I'm gonna bring some "Cheese Whiz" and wee if I can survive by calling it cheese. O0

(John Maxwell)

Mogget

Cheese Whiz, yuck!

I have it on good authority that the Sunday AM breakfast features waffles w/ ice cream...

Mogs

three

God first!  That is most honorable.   @)
We want to keep God in Minnesota.  Lest we shall succumb to evil.
Should we succumb to evil, how ever will we succeed?
Besides, from what I can gather; he has many seeds to sow at the Mission Covenant Church. ;)
Did he tell you Wisinoisians about the huge sporting convention they host there, yet?
Something like 2,000 attendees, tables available. ::)
Or should we keep NW Wisconsin for ourselves? >:D

Sparks, you will most probably find yourself accompanied by myself.
I cannot be sure untill after this weekend; but I should be able to assist your efforts behind the Cheddar Curtain.
[/quote]

The church website for the Hunter's Expo is  http://www.missioncovenantchurch.org/?110390
I don't believe they've updated since last year.  It says Saturday, October 24th.  This year I think that is actually the 23rd.  I'm hoping Appleseed will set up a booth there (hint, hint!)  MCC has a great ministry in the Hunter's Expo, and is such a welcoming church family!  I'll have my booth with custom painted rifles, signs, mailboxes, etc...   Everyone should come!