News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley shoot dates

Started by sparks1, May 01, 2010, 12:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

I see Hinckley has an Appleseed on the schedule for each month throughout this summer and fall. However, I also see that some of the shoots are not listed in the registration list. (July 2010). Are these events happening?
Guess I would like to know if Hinckley is going to host an event each month. Looking forward to working as many events as I can and I want to be on the list if there is going to be  an event.
I was looking at the disparity between Wisconsin and Minnesota's instructor list, and felt I  :wb: need to step it up and get qualified. This way Mn. can staff it's own events. Not that I mind instructors crossing borders to work our events. On the contrary, having instuctors from other regions brings different experiences to our state. I am grateful they take the time to expand Appleseed and in doing so train another group of cadre to pass the tradition along.
My study time has increased to every night now, haven't even watched TV (except for a couple movies with my wife). She spent the last 4 yrs getting her nursing degree, working days and going to school at night. Now that she has finished I can involve myself more in the Appleseed program. The nice thing about her going to school is that she has given me pointers about retaining information I read. (Like taking notes for a study guide) Forgot all this as its been 40 yrs since I studied something. Those of you in school/college or have been in recently, know this already.
Anyway...I ramble a bit. Main reason for this post is questions about Hinckley in July. I have a 40 yr high school reunion that weekend, but would MUCH rather work an event.  O0

Thanks
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

javaguy

Hi sparks1

I am with you and am eager to see the program move forward as well.  Congrats on your dedication to studying and preparing!  This is excellent.  I too am trying to squeeze every ounce of study time out of the day.. rehearsing the various presentations as I drive/etc..   Got myself a voice recorder.. (its humbling to listen to oneself. )
I attended the IBC in IL a couple months ago and it was really worth it.  I would also like to see some local mini-IBC's where we could work on our presentations and really get them down..

Looking fwd to Hinckley - am IIT2 and working on IIT3.. there is alot to learn but its very rewarding personally (and yes, after not studying for years, its quite a refresher)

I would guess either vmt193 or Aftermath will be getting Hinckley up on the boards, and I believe there may be a Duluth AS coming again in later July and in Oct.

Javaguy

sparks1

I know what you mean about listening to a recording of your own voice. Awhile ago I heard myself in a video of an annual shoot we do. I was off camera commenting on something. When I heard the voice, I asked who that was. It was me :D :D :D...I had no idea what an unpleasant experience others had to endure when listening to me.
This annual shoot, i was talking about, is coming up the week after Oakdale...Hmmmm, I should take some Redcoats and AQT's to it and challenge the guys. Most feel the same way about our country as I do, this could get them involved. Provided I do my job properly. I am trying to trade a DPMS AR I built for a Springfield M1A NM with a guy that goes to our shoot.  Always wanted one(M1A) and I don't see the need for the built AR. ( Already have a carbine)

Details...
DPMS upper with 24" Fluted/Cryo'ed barrel...round count is around 50 (Break in) Twist is 1 in 9
DPMS lower
Magpul PRS stock
Jewell AR trigger

I too would like to see some RBC's and IBC's in a more driveable distance from the Twin cities. I know I would benefit greatly from the experience. It's just that I have obligations precluding me from traveling any great distance. Ramseur and the like are SO VERY tempting, but out of the question for myself, even Rolla, ND is not going to work for me.

See you at Oakdale, look forward to meeting the cadre.

Ron

(John Maxwell)

Old Glory!

Sparks, Java - keep up the good work!  Learning to instruct is hard work, but of course, rewarding. ^:)^

Check out the national Appleseed schedule.  Hinkley is on for each month.  You can go to:
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php
Choose Minnesota at the top of the list and choose "filter" and all the MN Appleseeds come up. :)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8859.0

Keep June 18-20 open for an Instructor Boot Camp in WI.  It's in the works!  

Good to see you guys joining the MN instructors.  O0

Now let's get promoting the women's Appleseed at Hinckley May 22-23. ~~:)  If MN doesn't do it, I don't know who will.  Be a shame to have all the women you know miss out on this opportunity, so spread the word to all the women's groups you can think of.  Church, work, university, neighborhoods; wherever women gather; make sure they are invited to Appleseed.   Mogget and Trisha are coming from WI ::) to join Brass Bucket  to instruct and will be bringing some loaner rifles if women need them. 

I'm attaching the women's Appleseed flyer.  Can you guys get some printed and hand them out?  They look okay in black and white if $ is an issue.  :~ :~ :~

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

sparks1

Neato....an IBC in 'Sconi !!!! checking calender as soon as I finish here. I could use the instruction.

Trying to fit in as many events as I can. Who would think summer can get so busy.

Thanks

(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Oh, yes!  It can be busy.
We just added two more in Duluth!
By the way; how do you get an RBC?
Well.... You pretty much got to get private land....
And how do you get a guy to dedicate his land?
Well, you get his wife to tell him to!
How do you that?
Get her to the All-Ladie's Appleseed, of course!

You IIT's study/promote/prepare.
I'm preparing too &) >:D :---

Hey Old Glory!  O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

I have a couple of friends I have told about Appleseed. He is getting his M1A tricked out for service rifle matches...I tell him he should do an Appleseed to get his fundamentals tuned. I will work on him some more.
Forwarded her the woman only AS so she could look at it and decide. I would think she would jump at the chance as she has asked me about .22 matches. She is reluctant to go to any because they are mostly men shooting. I see Hinckley's women only shoot as a great opportunity for her. BUT I can't make her go. Just maybe overload her with info and stress the fun/training aspect.
When I think of this couple I think of the couple in the movie "Tremors". You know the ones with the arsenal ;D :~ : :---. Seriously.

(John Maxwell)

Old Glory!

Sparks,
It would be so good if she attended.  Steer her here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4577.0

and here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7440.0

Sounds like she already has a forum name -  REBA McEntire played Heather GUMMER   **)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

sparks1

Forwarded the links + some encouragement to attend. I will see how it is taken.

Thanks Old Glory.

(John Maxwell)

Whisker

Quote from: sparks1 on May 03, 2010, 09:48:03 PM
I have a couple of friends I have told about Appleseed. He is getting his M1A tricked out for service rifle matches...I tell him he should do an Appleseed to get his fundamentals tuned. I will work on him some more.

Sparks,
where is your friend getting his m1a tricked out?  I'm considering having some work done on mine. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

sparks1

Whisker...From what I understand he has it with a guy that used to be the armorer for the ALLGuard team. What ever that is. I can certainly find out the week after next. I will see Al at our 22nd annual Trout Shoot up north. If you want I can get his name and number. That is, if he takes in outside work. sometimes these guys are pretty tight on whose rifles they work on. We will see.
Talking to Al got me thinking on getting an M1A. Always wanted one, just gotta do some tradin' or sellin'.

(John Maxwell)

javaguy

Quote from: sparks1 on May 06, 2010, 06:32:40 PM
Whisker...From what I understand he has it with a guy that used to be the armorer for the ALLGuard team. What ever that is. I can certainly find out the week after next. I will see Al at our 22nd annual Trout Shoot up north. If you want I can get his name and number. That is, if he takes in outside work. sometimes these guys are pretty tight on whose rifles they work on. We will see.
Talking to Al got me thinking on getting an M1A. Always wanted one, just gotta do some tradin' or sellin'.
Eavesdropping on this conversation has me seriously considering.  Always wanted one too. I'll skip the mid-life crisis motorcycle and go with M1A.

sparks1

Been there done that with the motorcycle. FYI...there are two types of MC riders. Those that have gone down, and those that are going down. Gave up the MC, too many crazy cagers on the road. That was before cell phones/texting/etc. too.
Yup...Good old M1A, that's the ticket for me.

(John Maxwell)