News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who's ready for an IBC in Florida?

Started by PHenry, April 30, 2010, 07:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

douglas,
As you have already attended same - there is no fee and I bet we can find a place for you to bunk.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

willorith

Doug, My friend:
If you can hop a bus to Orlando, we can pick you up and keep you at the shop and give you a bedroom to sleep in at my house and drive you to Tampa and get you back on the bus with a $10 bill pinned to the inside of your shirt along with a note for the bus driver. and while we are at it we will feed you what ever you want to eat as long as it involves Sonny's
We are but human.

PHenry

Did I mention that our sponsors, NHale and his brother, are planning to offer us a continental breakfast and a full BBQ'd lunch of pulled pork with trimmings at no cost? O0

Also, I must confess to a serious violation of protocol on my part. I am slack and have no excuse beyond laziness. I failed to get the info on this IBC to SavageShooter so that she could get it posted for preregistration. I just sent it in and if she gets time - she may post it anyway, so please keep an eye on the forum and if this IBC gets posted - please pre-reg.

As always, previous IBC / RBC attendees are welcome to attend at no cost as a refresher.

PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

SavageShootr

No PHenry... thanks for covering for me but it was a bit of slacking on both of our parts.

Here is the link to the Event page with the registration link. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=15749.0

It make things easier on all concerned when the information is posted so we can keep track of what we do. Not only on a state basis but national as well.

Thanks for getting the information to me...

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

douglas34474

Brian,

Thank you for the very kind offer, but I really can't make this one.

See you on the trail.

Douglas

NHale

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

PHenry

All right here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=15749.0

However, if you have any pointers - feel free to offer them up!  O0

bill o rites

tried to pre-reg  ,i got an error message  will still be there anyway   roy :wb:
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

NHale

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

marrandy

Quote from: marrandy on July 23, 2010, 09:58:09 AM
Quote from: marrandy on July 08, 2010, 03:06:54 PM

If you have multiple rifles, bring an unusual magazine fed one.  Not many of us have multiple rifle experience and it will be good to learn the intricacies of different rifles so we know how to help people on the line at events.

OK - To get people familiar with different rifle types, I will bring 3 rifles.

1)  Robarms XCR

2)  FN FS2000

3)  Marlin 795

As I implied above.  Learning how to set the safety, load, unload, hold open, clear jams on different rifles that appear at Appleseed events is important for instructors.  I'm not bringing an AR15 type as I am sure someone else will have one.

Regards...Martin

I guess I won't bring the Marlin 795.  Although I Rx'd the Numrich wooden stock, the swivel swings didn't arrive so no sling.  Thaifighter is bringing a Marlin 60 which is similar.

Not sure about the FN FS2000 as I don't have USGI sling mounts either.

PHenry

Marrady,
We don't want all "perfect" rifles - we also need challenges to afford learning opps for new IITs. How do I get a sling on this? Improvise, adapt and overcome! Pull ties, bailing wire, etc.

marrandy

OK - I'll bring all Three just for laughs and giggles.     :D

DaddyFatty

Just a quick follow up note...

I enjoyed seeing/meeting you all. I trust you found my cooking edible. I regret I was not able to participate more, but I feel that my back is on the mends. I look forward to working with you all in the future.

-DF

marrandy

The food was great, as was the location.  Thanks for taking the time and effort to get Appleseed the use of the facility.

As August has now opened up for me, I am jumping in and will be at Manatee/Myakka 28/29th August whilst it is still fresh and to help me get into a routine.

It was great meeting you all.

Regards...Martin

Quote from: DaddyFatty on August 09, 2010, 10:20:22 AM
Just a quick follow up note...

I enjoyed seeing/meeting you all. I trust you found my cooking edible. I regret I was not able to participate more, but I feel that my back is on the mends. I look forward to working with you all in the future.

-DF

PHenry

NHale

Two quick notes:

1. Thank you everyone who is committed to keeping Appleseed advancing in the Soveign State of Florida (and Alabama). You are a great bunch of folks and it was a great pleasure meeting/seeing you.
2a. Found:1 yellow note pad with green LaQuinta pen.
2b. Found:1 white note pad with detailed 10/22 sight drawing. Please check your things and I'll send it along if you chime in. Also, please check your things, and arrange to pass along anything that may have been picked up by mistake.

Thanks again everyone, it was a pleasure.

NH

RickB

NHale,
My thanks to you and your brother for working so hard to make the weekend so successful (you spoiled us).
I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll again!
RickB

bill o rites

what a great weekend, 4 months of training in 2 days. thank you to our wonderful hosts for the facility and the food and to our instructors for their time . although i didn't fire a single shot, i know my shooting has improved,odd how that works  i look forward to myakka in 2 weeks  roy
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

PHenry

To all who attended the IBC. Please let me know who your next SB is and the event you intend to use as your "final exam" and I will send an IEF (instructor eval form) delineating your performance at the IBC. Remember what Fred the helpful says "This is a results based org - only hits count".  O0

Anyway - let me know so we can get you to your next "pay" grade ASAP!

PH

DaddyFatty

Another comment on the found notepads..

Double check the Content on your yellow pad to make sure you didn't pick up an instructors pad. It is possible that the one left behind was yours and you picked up someone else's.

The white legal type pad contained ItsanSKS's detailed 10-22 sight picture drawing which makes me think it was one of the break room crew.

-DF

PHenry

I found my instructor notes - all set here. What I didn't bring back is a group photo and I am so annoyed at me!  &)

NHale

Quote from: PHenry on August 10, 2010, 05:59:25 PM
What I didn't bring back is a group photo and I am so annoyed at me!  &)

Fatty is a whiz at Photoshop...

bill o rites

yellow note pad is mine but i can live without it

marrandy

Its likely mine, but don't worry about it.

What's your next shoot ?

I'll PM you.

Martin

Quote from: DaddyFatty on August 10, 2010, 05:38:46 PM
Another comment on the found notepads..

Double check the Content on your yellow pad to make sure you didn't pick up an instructors pad. It is possible that the one left behind was yours and you picked up someone else's.

The white legal type pad contained ItsanSKS's detailed 10-22 sight picture drawing which makes me think it was one of the break room crew.

-DF

bill o rites

someone discussed making a cheat sheet clipboard for instructors w/laminate to waterproof it  i wish i could remember what  we talked about putting on the front and back   

ItsanSKS

I missed the discussion of Instructor Clipboards, but this is what I have on mine:

Back:
Six Steps, 4 Safety Rules, Steps to 'Safe Rifle', Line Commands.

Front:
printed copy of POI, 1ea Redcoat and AQT (with Course of fire for each written on back)
Zeroing instructions for AR-15, 10/22 (with tech-sites) Legal pad for note-taking throughout the event.

Your clipboard may (will) vary. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

bill o rites

thanks i think that is what was discussed  roy