News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who's ready for an IBC in Florida?

Started by PHenry, April 30, 2010, 07:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theri

Quote from: PHenry on July 08, 2010, 12:54:15 PM
I hope I have answered your questions,
PH

Yes. Thank you.  

I am working at my first Appleseed as an ITT this weekend in St Augustine . Once I get past that then I am going to see if I can make it work so that I can attend the IBC in August.

theri
Whiskey Tango 9

PHenry

We'd love to have you sir!  O0 The water is rushin in faster these days and there are plenty of perfectly good buckets sitting idle!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

I want in and will talk with my wife,Reagans mom215.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

PHenry

Sly223,
I would very much like to see ya'll there, as I see big potential.  O0

It's time to start building our 2011 crew and this is where is begins!  :--- :--- :--- :--- :---
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

theri

I'm in.  After my first Appleseed as an IIT I realize that I really need to attend this IBC.

It is still "up in the air" as to whether my wife will accompany me to Tampa but I will be there .  Once the details  have been determine please let me know.

Thank you.

Theri
Whiskey Tango 9

bill o rites

i am teetering on the fence ...leaning toward itt...i only have a limited amount of time maybe 4 weekends a year... but i would love to do it .. would also be interested in  IBC
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

reagansmom215

woo-hoo! count me in! I love this "train the trainer" stuff! I'm stoked!  and even more so that Rick (Sly223) replied for me first! way to go, babe!
STOP GLOBAL WHINING!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (Prov 3:5-6)

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. [...] It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government. " -  Thomas Jefferson, letter to statesman (later president) James Madison (Jan. 30, 1787)

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target.

douglas34474

Quote from: bill o rites on July 12, 2010, 10:15:48 PM
.i only have a limited amount of time maybe 4 weekends a year..

Don't let that stop you. That's an ITT on the line for at least 4 shoots.  O0

reagansmom215

just curious... is there an official sign up somewhere that i can't find? or is replying here good enough?

PHenry, I'm sure this isn't good enough record keeping for you, is it? LOL   ;D
STOP GLOBAL WHINING!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (Prov 3:5-6)

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. [...] It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government. " -  Thomas Jefferson, letter to statesman (later president) James Madison (Jan. 30, 1787)

marrandy

Yes, i would like event confirmation and sign up details as well.

Thanks...Martin

NHale

If nothing else, it'll help with getting the donut order right...
O0

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

PHenry

Sorry for slow reply here - I just returned from "occupied territory" and will get the info to Savage Shooter ASAP, so that you can sign up all official.
PH

reagansmom215

Quote from: NHale on July 20, 2010, 11:45:15 AM
If nothing else, it'll help with getting the donut order right...
O0

I like the way you think!  ;)
STOP GLOBAL WHINING!

ThaiFighter

donut ferget....

mom's eatin' fer two!  **)  ..:..
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

reagansmom215

Quote from: ThaiFighter on July 20, 2010, 11:21:01 PM
donut ferget....

mom's eatin' fer two!  **)  ..:..

you betcha! so you better get in line QUICKLY before they're gone....   ::)
STOP GLOBAL WHINING!

marrandy

Can someone please provide a link to a sign-up.

Its only 2 1/2 weeks away !

PHenry

OK, Here's the initial roster of instructors assisting and students:

Instructors assisting:
ItsanSKS
RickB
Willorith
ThiaFighter
DrJohn

Students:

Theri
West151Precinct
Douglas34474
Clinnon
EchoDog
LibertysDaughter
Marrandy
9mm4545
Sly223
Regansmom215
bill o rites

That's a full boat for sure! I will PM all to confirm, as we are too close to fiddle about.  O0

willorith

Excellent, excellent, excellent.

Willorith is pleased
We are but human.

ItsanSKS

bwahahaha!

As if I am going to miss an IBC LITERALLY in my back yard?   Riiiiiiight.

I'll see ya'll there.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

reagansmom215

was wonderin' why you were wimpin' out, ItsanSKS!   ;D    I'm so stoked about this....  you guys seriously rock, all y'all.    :bow:

can't wait.
STOP GLOBAL WHINING!

marrandy

Quote from: marrandy on July 08, 2010, 03:06:54 PM

If you have multiple rifles, bring an unusual magazine fed one.  Not many of us have multiple rifle experience and it will be good to learn the intricacies of different rifles so we know how to help people on the line at events.

OK - To get people familiar with different rifle types, I will bring 3 rifles.

1)  Robarms XCR

2)  FN FS2000

3)  Marlin 795

As I implied above.  Learning how to set the safety, load, unload, hold open, clear jams on different rifles that appear at Appleseed events is important for instructors.  I'm not bringing an AR15 type as I am sure someone else will have one.

Regards...Martin

PHenry

OK, Here's a revised roster of instructors assisting and students - the "Y" means I have received a recent Yes and an "M", means maybe:
Instructors assisting:
ItsanSKS - Y
RickB - Y
Willorith - Y
ThiaFighter - Y
DrJohn

Students:
Theri - Y
Clinnon
EchoDog - Y
LibertysDaughter - Y
Marrandy - Y
9mm4545 - Y
Sly223 - Y
Regansmom215 - Y
bill o rites - Y

I have sent study info to all (if u were missed - holler at me), and all should read PR's Ride in advance of IBC to be ready to answer questions relating to the story. Let's Roll!  ..:..

theri

I am a "Yes" and I received the study material.

Does anyone have recommendations as to hotels in the area?

Theri
Whiskey Tango 9

NHale

Quote from: theri on July 24, 2010, 08:16:37 PM
I am a "Yes" and I received the study material.

Does anyone have recommendations as to hotels in the area?

Theri

There's a La Quinta at 3701 East Fowler Avenue I send my in-laws to. They like it a lot.  ($86/night-ish) 4.0/5 stars (not the one on 30th)
For another 8 bucks a night, looks like the hotel next door to it got another half star (4.5/5). Wingate by Wyndham 3751 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL. Judging from the online reviews, I would probably spend the extra $16 for the weekend, especially if the family is coming.

http://www.wingatetampa.com/

Also, does anyone get along well enough to share a room for the weekend? Just a thought.

The IBC location is basically at the corner of Bougainvillea and 46th St N 33617 if you want to do a search.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotel+loc:+10702+N+46th+St,+Tampa,+FL+33617&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotel&hnear=10702+N+46th+St,+Tampa,+FL+33617&view=text&ei=ax5MTPa7A8T68AaSmqgx&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CC8QtQMwAA

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

theri

NH
Thank you for the info. I have booked at the LaQuinta on Fowler Ave.   

Quote from: NHale on July 25, 2010, 08:34:21 AM

Also, does anyone get along well enough to share a room for the weekend? Just a thought.

I would not be opposed with sharing the room with someone but I have a medical condition that requires me to use a CPAP (breathing machine) overnight which does make a noise which could be distracting.

If anyone is interested in sharing a room please PM me and I will change the reservation.

Theri
Whiskey Tango 9

PHenry

I have experienced the CPAP machine - not so terrible. Heck, my Hunny snores louder than that! I no - did I say that out loud.  :wb:

bill o rites

yes to IBC
yes need to share a room
i also use a cpap

no i did not get study material 

bill o rites
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

theri

bill o rites

PM inbound to you.

Theri
Whiskey Tango 9

9mm4545

Anyone else interested in sharing a room in the area?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

douglas34474

I will not be able to make it. Funds are just not available.