News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy Birthday V

Started by jacques, April 29, 2010, 11:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacques

I believe today is actually V's Birthday.

I am not sure how old he is, but from what I have heard, he was not actually born. He was molded from the sand and dust in Piru.  >:D
Two Words-Meriams Corner

SavageShootr

HAPPY BIRTHDAY V.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Cal 7.62

Yes, Happiest of Birthdays to You Phil  :))
Where ever he comes from, I'm glad he's here.  ;)
From orange to green in a few minutes. &)
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Jules

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on April 30, 2010, 01:09:18 AM
Yes, Happiest of Birthdays to You Phil  :))
Where ever he comes from, I'm glad he's here.  ;)
From orange to green in a few minutes. &)

As am I. Happy Happy Joy Joy! ..:..

love Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

BaldDragn

Quote from: jacques on April 29, 2010, 11:45:08 PM
I believe today is actually V's Birthday.

I am not sure how old he is, but from what I have heard, he was not actually born. He was molded from the sand and dust in Piru.  >:D

Then was misplaced on a far away continent, only to return decades (?) later to regain his rightfull heritage.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Camljr

Happy Birthday, Phil....

I heard he was 50 today... But I think he looks MUCH older!!!   >:(

Thats why I now shave my face completely, to get rid of the gray hairs. 

Just something about hitting the big 50....

I think I am in trouble now. Bye.

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

LayloPro

Woosey..... ~~:) :cool2: :)) **) **)

Have a few daughters go thru puberty on your watch....those gray hairs are -EARNED-!!! O0 %) :sos: &) :---
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Fred

Is there some kind of scam going on, here?

Didn't I see a bunch of posts a couple of months ago, trumpeting "V's Birthday"? (I don't know, time is a funny thing in Appleseed - it could have been a year ago. ::))

Gee, if he's only 50, that's good news. Actually, GREAT news! We should be able to squeeze another 25, maybe 30 years out of him before he drops.  >:D >:D

Thanks for being part of this program, Phil.  O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Western Rose

Happy Birthday, V!!!

Quote from: Camljr on April 30, 2010, 02:54:23 AM
Dad calls it "sun-bleach".... You know, as in, he's been out in the sun to much. ???    :D

LLP,
We tell Dad that he gets the "sun-bleached" hair because his kids are so radiant. **) Or that he's got so much wisdom, it's overflowing. ;D
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Boba Fett

Happiest of wishes to you today Phil.  ^:)^

Boba Fett

Ratchett

Blessings your way Phil for a happy day!

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

V

OK, enough of this! SOM SOM, get back to work.
::)

Every time I start feeling like I'm old I just go Appleseed. When I see some of the folks who persevere on the line with problems far in excess of any discomforts I feel I am rejuvenated. Again, thanks.

Now back to work  ~~:)

LayloPro

Heh!!

Not yet, young'un!!  ~~:) :cool2: ::) O0 **) **) **) ^:)^ @@) :)) @&)

I think Fred's right, we should get a few more years outa ya! ;) ..:.. :o

And yes, there are those of us who do recall you from -before- you discovered "RM Yoga"...... :bow: O0 :~ :~ :~ :)) ^:)^

You displayed a prime example of "a Rifleman persists"...... coming back for more ......."fun"..... O0 :bow: >:D @) **) ..:.. :~ ;D

This "job" truly is a blessing, isn't it? O0 O0 O0

Again, happy birthday, ya old geezer....... ..:.. **) **) ^:)^ ^:)^ **) **) ..:..

WR, RR has my understanding, and sympathy.....and those who know me, know that I do not have much sympathy...... &) :--- ~~:) :wb:

"Overflowing wisdom"....I'll go with that......Tell 'em all "Hey!" for us...... ;) ..:.. O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

The Machine

Quote from: V on April 30, 2010, 01:14:37 PM
OK, enough of this! SOM SOM, get back to work.
::)

Every time I start feeling like I'm old I just go Appleseed. When I see some of the folks who persevere on the line with problems far in excess of any discomforts I feel I am rejuvenated. Again, thanks.

Now back to work  ~~:)

Now, now...I have to chime in with blessings from WV!  :) Notice I didn't mention that awful "B" word?  ;D  Besides, I heard people stop counting these at 40...or maybe it was 30...
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"