News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eureka, KS RBC

Started by 4bfox, April 29, 2010, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

Yes, you read it correctly......this is the FIRST RBC in Kansas history!
Info/registration link: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13529.0

RBC will be at our NEW range at Flint Hills Family Camp: http://flinthillsfamilycamp.com

Only 30 spots...sign up NOW!

RBC flyer attached...
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Greg in MO

Good job pulling this together guys...  I am going to try to be there.

Kansas in July?  That is going to be... interesting...

Greg

The ][rishman

Quote from: Greg in MO on May 03, 2010, 12:06:17 PM
Kansas in July?  That is going to be... interesting...

LOL, it's hot, but it's a wet heat!
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abĂș
KD0OHT

Sie

I just checked out the facilities for this RBC. 

You must be kidding:  "Range fee includes dormitory with bunks/mattresses, restrooms, showers, swimming pool, meeting hall/chow hall/kitchen....There is the possibility of having catered breakfast Monday through Saturday ...."  :o

But is there a Golden Corral?  That could be a deal breaker.

Ramseur 2-10!!
"Ramseur 2-10!"

4bfox

Sie: Nope, sorry...no Golden Corral....you'd have to drive 40+ miles to get to one. But I CAN vouch for the breakfast cook...she is outstanding!

Greg: My Dad always used to tell me: "those trials in life that don't kill you, make you stronger"....guess he's right, I'm not dead yet!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

henschman

Quote from: 4bfox on May 03, 2010, 02:30:34 PM
Greg: My Dad always used to tell me: "those trials in life that don't kill you, make you stronger"....guess he's right, I'm not dead yet!

LOL... I didn't realize that statement applied to getting a week off work and staying at a family resort with air conditioned dorms, a swimming pool, catered breakfast... AND GOING TO THE RANGE EVERY DAY!!!!   ;)

I REALLY want to come to this... it ends a week before I take the bar exam, but I will REALLY try to come, even if its not for the whole time.  

I haven't seen any of you Kansas guys for a while... I'll have to come to one of your monthly Eureka shoots if nothing else.  I haven't seen that range yet.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

The Guy

See you all there!

"wet heat"?

Sheesh.

::)

Gonna be fun.

4bfox

Henschman: Hmmm...I didn't recall A/C in the dorms...so I called Larry, the camp director to clear this up. There are attic fans in the dorms, and ceiling fans in the meeting hall/chow hall. So sorry, no A/C. There are tables and chairs in the dorms though...so you could clean your rifle OR study for the bar exam...

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Greg in MO

Guess I'll bring my camper.  It has A/C!   :P

And to think...  I'm originally from South Texas...  Now I am a humidity wuss.

Greg

4bfox

Greg: A/C?! Hmm..might not be a bad idea...maybe I'll bug Larry about opening up a couple of cabins..they have window air....a few lucky people might be able to upgrade for $20 or so. I'll check on that, I think they sleep 4.

On your camper...they have 110v power available, but limited to 10A service, so don't know if that'd work or not.

Agree with you on the "humdidty"....not a friend of mine. I think the pool will be a popular place....might even replace the campfire!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

RPD

Quote from: henschman on May 03, 2010, 06:13:47 PM
Quote from: 4bfox on May 03, 2010, 02:30:34 PM

I REALLY want to come to this... it ends a week before I take the bar exam, but I will REALLY try to come, even if its not for the whole time.  

Too bad it's not a week AFTER you take the bar, that's when I really needed some R&R and back then I didn't shoot very much.
What are your test dates?  I'd like to keep you in prayer during that time.

-RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

ksuguy

I'm not going to be able to take the time off, but maybe I'll see if I can drop by for a day on the weekend.   

4bfox

Come on by whenever...you know we'd be glad to see you!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Greg in MO

Quote from: 4bfox on May 04, 2010, 12:31:07 AM
Greg: A/C?! Hmm..might not be a bad idea...maybe I'll bug Larry about opening up a couple of cabins..they have window air....a few lucky people might be able to upgrade for $20 or so. I'll check on that, I think they sleep 4.

On your camper...they have 110v power available, but limited to 10A service, so don't know if that'd work or not.

Agree with you on the "humdidty"....not a friend of mine. I think the pool will be a popular place....might even replace the campfire!

Yeah, I'm not sure that 10A would run my A/C.  Sounds like the cabins would be a good idea.  Maybe Guy and I can split one.

Greg

The Guy

I have a mental list going of snorers and non snorers.   :D

You made the non list, so.....  Sure, if they are availible.

Dinky Dao

All, I told The ][rishman if he set up and RBC, I'd be out for it, so I'm in too. ;)

Looking forward to it!

Greg...A/C?? Well now...I'm not even going to comment. **) **) **)

Quote from: Sie on May 03, 2010, 12:53:25 PM
But is there a Golden Corral?  That could be a deal breaker.

Ramseur 2-10!!

Sie...this is SOOOO awesomely amusing....I can't stop grinning :o :D

See you all there!

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

henschman

Quote from: RPD on May 04, 2010, 12:42:31 AM

Too bad it's not a week AFTER you take the bar, that's when I really needed some R&R and back then I didn't shoot very much.

-RPD
Thanks!  I take the exam on July 27-28... that's if I pass all my finals I'm taking this and next week, and get my writing requirement turned in on time.

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

Greg in MO

Quote from: Dinky Dao on May 04, 2010, 02:04:42 PM

Laugh it up, Lady in Black...  We'll see how you feel after a couple days of Kansas summer.  I'll bet you'll be want to hang out with us "cool" people then.   :cool2:

Greg

RPD

Quote from: henschman on May 04, 2010, 02:49:49 PM
Quote from: RPD on May 04, 2010, 12:42:31 AM

-RPD
Thanks!  I take the exam on July 27-28... that's if I pass all my finals I'm taking this and next week, and get my writing requirement turned in on time.

Gotcha!  You're on "the list" both for then and now.  I can't say that I remember those days fondly, . . . but I remember those days.   ;)
-RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

4bfox

Quote from: Greg in MO on May 04, 2010, 03:20:55 PM
Quote from: Dinky Dao on May 04, 2010, 02:04:42 PM

Laugh it up, Lady in Black...  We'll see how you feel after a couple days of Kansas summer.  I'll bet you'll be want to hang out with us "cool" people then.   :cool2:

Greg

From what I recall from the hay-hauling days of my youth (a LONG time ago), the end of July/first of August was generally the worst of the summer in Kansas. Like I said....character-building.

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

jollybfd

Hey, couple questions for you guys with RBC experience.  About how much time is spent doing known distance vs 25m?  I'm trying to nail down how much of the expensive ammo I need to get ahold of.  Also, how successful have people been with an SKS out to 400 yds on these shoots?  I have plenty to run my Russian SKS with Tech Sights if I can't get enough 30-06 together in time for my M1, but I don't want to be fighting a rifle that just plain can't go that distance.  Any advice there?

Thanks!
Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. - Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

henschman

I've shot my AK-47 with tech sights out to 400 yards, and it holds less than 4 MOA... its just a crappy Romanian WASR, so your SKS should be better, if anything.  Those Tech Sights really help out.  Just make sure you have a good adjustable sling on it, and you should be fine. 

I'm sure you'd score higher with your M1, but even if you find ammo for it, bring both rifles.  Its always good to have a backup rifle at a boot camp... from what I hear, they have a way of bringing out the worst in rifles!  Plus, it would be a great opportunity to figure out your come-ups for those tech sights.

Greg in MO

I'm not sure what the facilies are like exactly with regards to KD, but at the last Osage RBC, I ran KD Wed - Fri, so there was plenty of opportunity for people to come over and try out KD when they wanted to.  Typically you will shoot 25m until you get things down, then switch over to your centerfire and get it zeroed at 25, then move over to KD.

I'm sure we will figure out something at the KS RBC.  Partly it will depend on how the students are shooting early on.  If they need more work at 25m then we will concentrate on that I'm sure.  If people are on the ball early in the week we will do a bunch of KD.  Of course, it is all up to the SB technically...   :cool2:

As for the SKS, why not try it at KD?  The only way you will ever know what it can do it to test it out.  That's what KD at Appleseed is all about.  Learning your equipment!  You will love shooting the Garand at full distance...  Trust me.   O0

Greg

4bfox

The SKS should do fine....when I had a scope on mine I shot it to 300 yards no problem. Now it has Tech sights on it for my son..

And I agree with Henschman...I know I'm bringing several rifles. Just got my PSL back from being Dura-coated and have a new scope to play with. Looking forward to it! And BTW, we now have a fully operational pool at the camp.

As far as KD, we have 400 yards for sure at the Winter Range, and an alternate site I'm checking out this week.

See you.....

Ben

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

oldgrunt

Looks like it will be a full house up there...Save me a bunk I will be around sometime...

I will ask that if you see a slot to fill on the Instructors event listing plz help Kansas out..They are trying hard to build a crew..I think Oklahoma's riflemen can help out ..Oxford just across the line we need to be there ...Sign up  for Anyone of them, IIT1 to Redhats can sure be used ..thanks

That pool looked so nice too ...And a soup kitchen hmmm...
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

POP

OG, 4bfox,
Count me in.
as in save me a bunk and breakfast for the week.
POP

Quote from: oldgrunt on June 02, 2010, 12:15:41 AM
Looks like it will be a full house up there...Save me a bunk I will be around sometime...

I will ask that if you see a slot to fill on the Instructors event listing plz help Kansas out..They are trying hard to build a crew..I think Oklahoma's riflemen can help out ..Oxford just across the line we need to be there ...Sign up  for Anyone of them, IIT1 to Redhats can sure be used ..thanks

That pool looked so nice too ...And a soup kitchen hmmm...
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Greg in MO

POP you get better lookin every time I see you...  :cool2:

Looking forward to working with my fellow Aggie again.

Greg

Dinky Dao

POP is coming to the KS RBC??!!!!

SaaaaaaWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!

4bfox

Yeah, I know....if this gets much better, my head may explode!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Dinky Dao