News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OK OHIO the Gauntlet Has Been Thrown!

Started by Ratchett, April 28, 2010, 03:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

Hear Ye Hear Ye,
   Fred the Helpful has challenged one of our Jr IITs in Athens, Ohio. If Goldfish and the rest of the Athens crew can sell out the May 22-23 Appleseed, he will commit to a visit.

"But I tell you what: If you guys will get a "sellout crowd" - every spot on the firing line, right up to capacity, filled - I will commit to showing up."--from Fred' s PM.

So Ohio are we gonna make sure Fred makes that 5 hour drive from North Carolina?? Are we gonna support our Jr IIT in his quest???
Dang Straight we are!! Get those friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family members off the couch and out to the Athens Appleseed. ~~:)  Make those calls @@) visit that neighbor :) cajole that co-worker  ^-^ , and flatter that family member :D Whatever it takes  O0 to make this happen.             

I do not believe Fred has made it to an Ohio shoot yet, so we gotta show him that the Buckeye State knows very well what they are about.

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

GoldFish

Let's DO THIS THING!!!   
For God and Country, a nation of Riflemen who know well what they are about!  :---
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

George T

OK, GoldFish.  Your enthusiasm, purpose and resolve have convinced me.  Nurse Ratchett has more than a little to do with it, also. 

Yeah, I want Fred to make that 5 hr drive. 

Nothing like a little pressure, right Meanstreaker?

Whats your plan, GF?  We will center-up on you. 

I plan to get some additional flyers out and get some folks at work signed up.  All 45 must be pre-registered, correct?

PM me with additional direction.

George T

GoldFish

My plan is just to get as many people as will come signed up in part by explaining to them the significance of Fred coming; you know, the size of AS, and that he's the founder, he doesn't usually come to shoots-let alone shoots 5 hours away, etc. 

Fred said that all 45 have to be registered for him to come, yes.  If we have like 43 or 44, then I'll PM him and ask him if he will come anyway, being that we usually have a few walk-ons. 

Thank you all putting up with young and sometimes crazy people like me who sometimes go off the deep end.  8)  AF&G Club members are amazing.  Thanks!

Anybody who has anymore suggestions and ideas PLEASE post them.  This is just as much your thing as it is mine. 

---GoldFish
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

RPD

Quote from: GoldFish on April 29, 2010, 10:47:23 AM
Fred said that all 45 have to be registered for him to come, yes.  If we have like 43 or 44, then I'll PM him and ask him if he will come anyway, being that we usually have a few walk-ons. 

Thank you all putting up with young and sometimes crazy people like me who sometimes go off the deep end.  8) 

---GoldFish

Will he come if Saturday is sold out, but Sunday is not?, or vice versa?, since we usually have some one-day only shooters.  I'd love it sold out and have walk-ons coming.
  How can we check how many are registered at any point in time?  (Is this a MS/Riflewoman/Fred question?)

We who are older wish we had more of the exuberance of youth! 

-RPD (Dad)
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Ratchett

I have been to the radio stations today and they will put stuff on community calendar. Also believe there will be some time on Viewpoint WAIS 770AM 9am weekdays.--This I am still in process of working out. Also, believe Nelsonville TV will run on their community page. I do not know where or how to go about getting in touch with the Athens cable folks---do not even know the name of the cable ??? Anyone help there?? Want to get to the newspapers too.

There is an area on main forum page to check pre-reg numbers. I checked Tues night after radio show there were 7 pre- reg, last night I checked after church and we were at 13 ^:)^   ..:..  ^:)^. SOOOOO if we can manage to do that consistently over the next week done deal wouldn' t you say ;)

I also have bi--folds and fliers if needed, PM or call me :)

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

GoldFish

Quote from: RPD on April 29, 2010, 05:59:54 PM

Thank you all putting up with young and sometimes crazy people like me who sometimes go off the deep end.  8) 

---GoldFish

Will he come if Saturday is sold out, but Sunday is not?, or vice versa?, since we usually have some one-day only shooters.  I'd love it sold out and have walk-ons coming.
  How can we check how many are registered at any point in time?  (Is this a MS/Riflewoman/Fred question?)

-RPD (Dad)

Here's the link to the page with Appleseed Pre-Registration numbers for 2010. 
Link:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10584.0

With regard to the Sat./Sun. differences in shooters, I'm just going by what the number is on the link above. 

---GF

Ishy

I posted some flyers at Hocking College the other day.   ;D

One suggestion (I'm not sure to whom it needs to go--MeanStreaker, GeorgeT) is that we decrease the maximum number of shooters that the line holds.  At the last shoot we had about 35 shooters and the line was plenty full.  With 45+ shooters, it might get unsafely cramped, especially with children or unexperienced shooters.  I'm not trying to cop out of Fred's challenge, but I think the safety is worth considering.  Have we ever had 45 shooters on the line before?

No one wants to see Fred in Athens more than I!   ;)

~Ishy
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Ratchett

Ishy,

We had 43 actual shooters on the line April 17 and it was good. We could have moved the 2 young folks you helped and the family beside them as well as the gentleman on the left end to the right side and still had room. I think we just have to use bigger voices so the commands are heard until a bull horn is obtained  ;)

If you need more fliers let me know :)

Ratchett

Fred

Quote from: Ishy on April 29, 2010, 10:56:21 PM

One suggestion is that we decrease the maximum number of shooters that the line holds.  At the last shoot we had about 35 shooters and the line was plenty full...I'm not trying to cop out of Fred's challenge, but...
~Ishy

Ishy, a couple of questions:

1. Are you a lawyer?

2. Are you in law school?

;)

Man, what tricky bunch of shysters it seems I'm dealing with. Heck, "filling the line" is fun - and easy - if you can simply reduce "line capacity" to equal the number who've pre-reg'ed...

I think we better stick to the "45".... ~~:)

Still, very clever of you. Shucks, get involved with a program which teaches and encourages people to think and this is what you get... ;D ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Western Rose

Quote from: GoldFish on April 29, 2010, 09:34:50 PM

Quote from: RPD on April 29, 2010, 05:59:54 PM

---GoldFish

-RPD (Dad)

Here's the link to the page with Appleseed Pre-Registration numbers for 2010. 
Link:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10584.0

With regard to the Sat./Sun. differences in shooters, I'm just going by what the number is on the link above. 

---GF

Since that page gets updated every Tues.... If you want "real time" numbers, feel free to ask me for them anytime. I've got the link "bookmarked" anyway.... ::) :-X
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Ishy

Quote from: Fred on April 30, 2010, 06:17:22 AM

1. Are you a lawyer?

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!   :D   :D   :D  Ask RPD and Goldfish if you have any doubts...LOL.

Quote from: Ishy on April 29, 2010, 10:56:21 PM
I'm not trying to cop out of Fred's challenge....

No one wants to see Fred in Athens more than I!   ;)
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

RPD

Quote from: Ishy on April 30, 2010, 08:00:21 PM

1. Are you a lawyer?

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!   :D   :D   :D  Ask RPD and Goldfish if you have any doubts...LOL.

. . . but Ishy did participate in Mock Trial in Ohio and made it to the State competition as a witness and won best witness in each competition she participated in.   O0  To do so she did have to "hang around" a couple of lawyers and student lawyers, so she has been subjected to lawyers' tricks  &) and some training.  ~~:)

-RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

GoldFish

Quote from: RPD on May 01, 2010, 12:05:23 AM

Quote from: Ishy on April 30, 2010, 08:00:21 PM

1. Are you a lawyer?

. . . but Ishy did participate in Mock Trial in Ohio and made it to the State competition as a witness and won best witness in each competition she participated in.   O0  To do so she did have to "hang around" a couple of lawyers and student lawyers, so she has been subjected to lawyers' tricks  &) and some training.  ~~:)

-RPD

Yes, and when asked to an attorney on the Mock Trial team, she said "NO!" even though she would have made a good one.  ^-^

Ishy

Quote from: RPD on May 01, 2010, 12:05:23 AM

-RPD

Haha very funny.   ;D

Quote from: GoldFish on May 01, 2010, 12:15:27 AM
Yes, and when asked to an attorney on the Mock Trial team, she said "NO!" even though she would have made a good one.  ^-^

Aw you're too kind.  I know I'm not cut out for that lawyer stuff.   :D  I'll just stick to shooting and cooking.   ;)

Miki

When you get the registration to 44 pm me and I'll sign up for the 45th spot.  ;D

Ratchett

Miki,
WOO HOO! It would be great to have you back in Athens ..:.. ^:)^ ..:..  (and no snow this time)

Happy 'seeding, see ya soon
In His Grip,
Ratchett

Ratchett

OK guys we have been add to the WOWK 13 news community calendar in Huntington, WVa. I sent the info to WSAZ channel 3 too, haven' t seen it appear on their calendar. Keep up the good work guys we are going to sell this baby out **) ..:.. ^:)^

http://wowktv.com/events.cfm?func=showday&day=22&month=5&year=2010

GoldFish

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on May 03, 2010, 11:46:20 PM
OK guys we have been add to the WOWK 13 news community calendar in Huntington, WVa. I sent the info to WSAZ channel 3 too, haven' t seen it appear on their calendar. Keep up the good work guys we are going to sell this baby out **) ..:.. ^:)^

http://wowktv.com/events.cfm?func=showday&day=22&month=5&year=2010

FABULOUS job Nurse Ratchett!!!  :bow:  That will be seen by bunches of people.  Keep it up.

---GF

Dinky Dao

WHAT???? Fred coming to Athens??????!!!!!!!!!!

AAARRRUUUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only ask you for TWO YEARS to show up, and NOW...NOW that I will be out of state SBing an IN shoot you decided to show up???! ++) &)

SERIOUSLY??!  !@#) !@#) !@#)

AWwwww COME ON ALREADY!!!!

And these guys will pull it off too, 'cause I've only been talkin' about you since FOREVER. :D

Man I can't believe I'm going to miss this..... >:( :wb:

(sigh)...

gggrrrrrrr...where's my clown bat....

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Ratchett

GET THOSE BUCKETS moving guys!! We are less than 2 weeks out and are not half sold out. We gotta lot of work to do here. If we do not have people on the line, we cannot get the message to those sleeping Americans. We know it is not all about the shooting but those sleepers don't. 

I have fliers and bi-folds if anyone needs them. Does anyone have any fresh ideas for getting the word out?? It is time to go into overdrive---we gotta quit coasting!!!

In His Grip,
Ratchett

brownie

Maybe we could hand out 5 dollar bills
to him who is given much is expected

please sign here to ensure delivery___________________________________

thanks AMO

brownie

Maybe ten dollar bills and a candy bar

thanks AMO

Ratchett

Hey BigGun,

Works for me if you are supplying the cash and the candy ;D ;D Whatever it takes to fill the line!!

Ratchett

GoldFish

I plan on PMing Fred again NO LATER than next Thursday, so if we want him to come, well, you all know what we gotta do.....  &) ~~:)

---GoldFish

brownie

Okay then 15 dollar bills and 2 candy bars.

:o only 1 more week :o

thanks AMO

SavageShootr

I just checked the numbers and you have 20 actual shooters.

Keep it going!

If anyone is going to a range this weekend, take literature. Good Luck.....

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

GoldFish

Quote from: BigGunBrownie on May 13, 2010, 01:06:14 PM
Okay then 15 dollar bills and 2 candy bars.

:o only 1 more week :o

$15 bill would be impressive, being that they aren't even out.  ;D

Ratchett

HEY OHIO---WHERE IS EVERYONE???? We have a shoot this week-end that is not sold out, we have up-coming shoots that are not sold out. The Ohio threads for the most part have been as silent as Christmas eve---the mice aren' t sleeping they have hibernated!! Are we doing all we can do? For every empty spot on an Ohio firing line is an apathetic soul that has to be woke up.

Are we getting out of our comfort zones and hitting those hard to convince folks---who by the way may not be as hard as we think? Are we being creative enough getting the word out, can we get even more creative? Any new letters to the editor talking about Appleseed and liberty, have you hit the local TV/radio stations, talked to community civic groups---there is plenty of fields to harvest. Even a local liberal newspaper decide the AS Project was worthy of their community page, so I know there is hope if we keep the faith!

Are you telling folks "Hey if you can't make it to Athens, then how about trying out Gibsonburg, New Philly, Salem or vice versa." Our promo gurus have plenty of downloadable materials and pre-printed fliers, so no excuses.

Let's push it folks, USS America takes on more water when we slow the bailing!!

Blessings to all,
Ratchett

PS--I know I am not doing enough >:(

MeanStreaker

We can always be doing more!  Let's push it! 

Thanks for the motivation Julia!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)