News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OK OHIO the Gauntlet Has Been Thrown!

Started by Ratchett, April 28, 2010, 03:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldFish

I got word this morning that Fred will not be able to come to Athens for this weekend (May 22-23).  While this is disappointing, we must not lose sight of our much greater goal, returning this country to a nation of Riflemen and teaching these Riflemen of their long and glorious heritage.  Nurse Ratchett said something yesterday that hit me.

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on May 18, 2010, 05:18:45 PM
HEY OHIO---WHERE IS EVERYONE???? We have a shoot this week-end that is not sold out, we have up-coming shoots that are not sold out. The Ohio threads for the most part have been as silent as Christmas eve---the mice aren' t sleeping they have hibernated!! Are we doing all we can do? For every empty spot on an Ohio firing line is an apathetic soul that has to be woke up.

Are we getting out of our comfort zones and hitting those hard to convince folks---who by the way may not be as hard as we think? Are we being creative enough getting the word out, can we get even more creative? Any new letters to the editor talking about Appleseed and liberty, have you hit the local TV/radio stations, talked to community civic groups---there is plenty of fields to harvest. Even a local liberal newspaper decide the AS Project was worthy of their community page, so I know there is hope if we keep the faith!

Are you telling folks "Hey if you can't make it to Athens, then how about trying out Gibsonburg, New Philly, Salem or vice versa." Our promo gurus have plenty of downloadable materials and pre-printed fliers, so no excuses.

Let's push it folks, USS America takes on more water when we slow the bailing!!

Blessings to all,
Ratchett

PS--I know I am not doing enough >:(

This is what we MUST be doing.  Period.  Fred not coming is a disappointment, this should urge us on to get ALL of the shoots in Ohio (and everywhere else) filled to accomplish Appleseed's true goal.

This is still going to be a great shoot!  :---

Stay the Course,
---GoldFish
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Gordon

Goldfish, you are an inspiration. Seriously.

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast