News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Member Introductions

Started by definder, July 23, 2009, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

Welcome Will,
Your good spirit and broad smile combined with your teachable attitude made it a pleasure to have you on the line last weekend. Congratulations on shooting Distinguished Rifleman. I strongly support you donning an Orange Hat at your second shoot. Welcome to Appleseed!
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

B.C.

Quote from: TheMenace on January 23, 2018, 07:05:15 AM
Welcome Will,
Your good spirit and broad smile combined with your teachable attitude made it a pleasure to have you on the line last weekend. Congratulations on shooting Distinguished Rifleman. I strongly support you donning an Orange Hat at your second shoot. Welcome to Appleseed!
Dennis

Indeed sir, welcome. I look forward to seeing you again on the trail soon.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

mooney

Hello Patriots,

Just trying a third time to get re-engaged with the program. I use to be the Pennsylvania State Coordinator back in 2009 & 2010 but had to take leave for personal and professional reasons. I made a brief re-engagement in 2012 because I seemed to be in a better place again, but I was transfered from Pennsylvania to Florida by my employer in 2013 which thru a wrench into my 2012 comeback LOL. Now I've been settled in my new state for 5 years and hoping to lend a hand and pick up a bucket yet again. I hope Florida doesn't mind taking me in after my crazy life circumstances and issues staying engaged in Pennsylvania. I'll lend a had where I can to help.

I'm in the Clearwater area of Florida.

Thanks,
Mooney
Mooney

B.C.

Quote from: mooney on June 18, 2018, 01:23:43 PM
Hello Patriots,

Just trying a third time to get re-engaged with the program. I use to be the Pennsylvania State Coordinator back in 2009 & 2010 but had to take leave for personal and professional reasons. I made a brief re-engagement in 2012 because I seemed to be in a better place again, but I was transfered from Pennsylvania to Florida by my employer in 2013 which thru a wrench into my 2012 comeback LOL. Now I've been settled in my new state for 5 years and hoping to lend a hand and pick up a bucket yet again. I hope Florida doesn't mind taking me in after my crazy life circumstances and issues staying engaged in Pennsylvania. I'll lend a had where I can to help.

Thanks,
Mooney

Welcome back! What was your instructor level before departing the program? IIT? Red hat? Green hat?
Come on out to an upcoming event anywhere in Florida and the local shoot boss will be happy to get you back on the trail.

Regards,

BC
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

stoneknives

Trey Dawson (PHenry) is doing a shoot a little north of you at the Hernando Sportsmans Club this weekend and I'm doing a Saturday promo event/Libertyseed at the Manatee Gun and Archery Club. We would both be very happy to meet a new friend and have a extra set of experienced hands and eyes working with us.

Glad your back.
Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Mike AKA Bandaid

Hello Patriots,

Thanks,
Mooney
You're in luck! That is a great area for Appleseed from what I've been told! I am hoping to be down in the greater Tampa/Clearwater area in November for a family get-together, and figure I'll try to sqeeeeeeze an Appleseed in while I'm there. , hope to see you there!

Cheers!
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

mooney

Quote from: B.C. on June 18, 2018, 02:55:40 PM
Hello Patriots,

Thanks,
Mooney

Welcome back! What was your instructor level before departing the program? IIT? Red hat? Green hat?
Come on out to an upcoming event anywhere in Florida and the local shoot boss will be happy to get you back on the trail.

Regards,

BC

Thanks B.C.

I was not in the Instructor ranks at that time. Is that a requirement now for being a state coordinator or part of the state staff? PA was just getting up and running and I jumped in and volunteered before and after my first appleseed in Manheim PA. I helped get a lot of the PA sites approved and going, and helped with all the PR and recruitment. I will do the same here in Florida, and any other activities I can help with. I hope to eventually become an instructor in training once I attend my second Appleseed. My biggest distractions are my kids. They are in middle school and high school, so their sports and education activities take up my time more than back in 2008-2010. When needed I will step up and help of course, just say the word. My wife is fully supportive of the Appleseed program as well. I hope to have her and both of my kids attend an appleseed eventually. Chainsaw and others in PA will certainly remember me and my time in the program 10 years ago, so feel free to talk to tham if needed

Looking forward to being involved again.

Thanks,
Mooney
Mooney

mooney

Quote from: stoneknives on June 18, 2018, 03:31:46 PM
Trey Dawson (PHenry) is doing a shoot a little north of you at the Hernando Sportsmans Club this weekend and I'm doing a Saturday promo event/Libertyseed at the Manatee Gun and Archery Club. We would both be very happy to meet a new friend and have a extra set of experienced hands and eyes working with us.

Glad your back.
Henry

Henry,

I would love to, but I'm away all weekend at my daughters Lacrosse Tournement. Her season ends in another week, so the kids sports schedules slow down for the reast of the summer vacation. I'm happy to meet up with you or anyone on the FL team if anyone would like to get lunch or dinner or a beverage of choice anytime. I work from home and have lots of flexibility to travel while working during the week. Thanks for reaching out and letting me know about the events, next time for sure. Looks like Manatee, Hernando and Wyoming Antelope clubs all have Appleseed programs and are close to me. Let me know how I can help at those clubs for sure, and any others around the state if needed.

Thanks,
Mooney
Mooney

MasterTech

Hello everyone, Finally signed up for the forum. The wife and I have been to the June and Sept. events at Hernando and will be at the Dec. event. These events have been a Wonderful experience. I am amazed at how much I didn't know after shooting rifle most of my adult life. Of course my wife out scores me always and tells me I need to learn to shoot like a girl :P   Anyway we are looking forward to our 3rd shot a making score and maybe giving PHenry a little help with the large group expected at the event.

stoneknives

Glad to have you on the forum.
I'll be up at Hernando this weekend also with the crew. The weather looks to be just about perfect.

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

Cold Warrior

FL Cadre,
Hi I'm Dave Kyser, my wife Ana (Forum: Aninha) also Appleseeds with me (I'm a lucky boy!).
I lived in Florida for many years, before moving to Maryland for a job. I am very thankful to report I've moved back to Florida.  O0
We live a little south of Jacksonville. I'm an experienced SB and former MD Asst. State Coordinator, but I'll work a line for anybody in Florida!  :cool2:
I've already signed up for a few events, but if you need help, I'm not afraid to travel.

I am so happy to be back in Florida!
Hope to see you on the line.

Dave Kyser
davekyser@yahoo.com
(904) 631-2926 C

COLD WARRIOR
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

TheMenace

Hello Dave and Ana,
Welcome back to Florida! I have one of your Green Star shooting jackets. Look forward to meeting you in person at the RBC.
Dennis
TheMenace
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

stoneknives

Welcome back, we are most blessed to have y'all on our line .

Henry

Blind_Squirrel

Mitch from Ft. Lauderdale checking in. My wife Sybil, and I have been to both of the Appleseed events at the Hollywood club this year and we both got our rifleman patches.

I've been shooting just about anything that would for 40+ years. Sybil started pistol 10+ years ago and rifle in ernest with her first Appleseed.

Both events were made great by the great group of instructors and helpers. Thanks and I'm sure we will see each other again.
Mitch

elitegeek

Saying Happy Monday to all from the Sunny Funcoast of Florida.

Did my first Appleseed this past weekend in Myakka. What a great time, with fabulous instructors. Already making plans to attend my next.

Thank you to all of you who work so hard to make this possible!!
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."
                             -General H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Son of the American Revolution
      Pvt Sanford Carder, Virginia (b: 16 Sept, 1760 - d: 7 Aug 1845)
     Pvt Jacob Rose, New York (b: 21 April, 1761 - d: 20 Aug, 1839)

Twenty-Stu LR

I've also just done my first event this weekend, at the Hernando Sportsman Club on the West coast.

I'm glad to be here, what a great community and such an organization!

Thanks to the volunteer crew who put so much into this!

-Stu

TomM1Thumb

I am Glad to welcome You to the Appleseed Forum, I hope You enjoyed the Event. Please feel free to Attend any Appleseed in Florida, and do not be Surprised to see a friendly  Face or two from Hernando under Red, Orange, Blue, or Green hats.

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

stoneknives

Quote from: elitegeek on April 29, 2019, 03:39:13 PM
Saying Happy Monday to all from the Sunny Funcoast of Florida.

Did my first Appleseed this past weekend in Myakka. What a great time, with fabulous instructors. Already making plans to attend my next.

Thank you to all of you who work so hard to make this possible!!

Just saw this.

Huzzah! GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME AT MANATEE. :F

We'll be back June 15/16 come back out...

Henry

ThirdStrike

Hello all,

Just did my first AS the weekend before last and had a great time making some new friends and learning everything I was doing wrong. And getting better!

Glad to have found this group and I'm looking forward to doing more with it. I'm hoping to bring my fiancee and son to the next one. Gotta get some more rifles!

Oh and we're in Seminole, btw.

Jason
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ― Samuel Adams

TheMenace

Welcome, Jason. You must have been at WAC. Look forward to seeing you on another line soon.
Check the Florida event schedule. We have venues all over the state so there's at least one 'seed every weekend.
In Liberty!
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

Guns-of-Honor

Looks like I found the right group. The word Americans doesn't do justice to the instructors this weekend of Todd, Joe, Tom, Tom and I know Im missing one or two so I apologize. Its hell getting older like Tom you start to, ah crap forgot what I was going to say. Anyway, every single one of these Real Patriotic Americans was awesome. Its funny because throughout the weekend I kept thinking of 9/11 and how I felt. i wondered if that was the same feeling by brethern had in the beginning. There are not many times that such strong and emotional feelings are stirred. I would serve and stand beside each of these men if the need ever arose.

My son enjoyed it immensely, he loved the stories. We will be practicing what we learned and see you December in Eustis. Agin God Bless and thank you.
Bruce
Guns of Honor.org

PHenry

Sounds like the instructors just got "paid" to me! Huzaaah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Castiron Britches

Hi Folks- Guessing I'm doing this correctly.  Made Rifleman with my son in Tallahassee today.  We're both hoping to help the cause...

I'm a Ballistician, an old has-been shooter, and really like hanging out with "good" people.
A big shot is nothing but a little shot...who kept on shooting!

Tennessee Beast

Welcome and Congratulations!  Glad to have someone with your experience!  Thanks for stepping up!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Timber Wolf

Quote from: Castiron Britches on February 07, 2021, 08:13:34 PM
Hi Folks- Guessing I'm doing this correctly.  Made Rifleman with my son in Tallahassee today.  We're both hoping to help the cause...

I'm a Ballistician, an old has-been shooter, and really like hanging out with "good" people.

Welcome Ken, really good to see your troop again and for you and your son to score and decide to join our merry band.  You are in good company, but then you knew that already. ;) 

JustJax

Hello to all y'all in Florida,

I'm Jax Bubis.  My husband and I have been Project Appleseeders for over ten years.  While we weren't instructors, we were helpers.  And after being introduced to April 19th, 1775, I became a storyteller.  I was the Colorado "director" (don't remember what we called it) for Liberty Seed.  At the time Liberty Seeds didn't do much.  But I never quit telling the stories.  I continue now in the panhandle of FL.  (Feel free to see my website:  Revive1775.com)  We moved here in May 2020.  Loving it here. 

Don't know if there's much going on in FL with Liberty Seeds but I still see storytelling events as being something that many folks might be interested in.

Cheers, Jax

stoneknives

Welcome  :F

Come on out and join us on the line anytime.
I will be checking out your site.

Henry

Evil_G

Hello all! I've done a number of shoots with Project Appleseed over the last couple of years. Have shot Rifleman and Known Distance (both rimfire). I got involved initially when I started shooting CMP rimfire sporter matches, and was told about Appleseed by another shooter at my first match.

TheMenace

Welcome aboard Stephen. I think you'll like it here. We're glad to have you on the line at Palm Bay.
In Liberty!
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe