News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Member Introductions

Started by definder, July 23, 2009, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Hello Floridians. I'll be moving to the sunshine state at the end of the month and look forward to attending some events! I'll be in the Clearwater area.

I've attended three Appleseed events in PA including one below freezing. I'm looking forward to trying some RKD, KD, and Pistol Clinics, something we don't have much of up here in PA.

As I'm not super familiar with Florida towns, which host locations will be closest to me in Clearwater?

stoneknives

Welcome to 'Merica and Freedom.

The 2 active ranges would be Herando Sportsmans Club (about an hour North) and Manatee Gun and Archery (about a hour Southeast).
The next shoot at Hernando is Jan 28/29 and the next at Manatee Feb 5/6.

Once again welcome to Florida.

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

ScubaSteve

Welcome Xavier.

Those ranges that StoneKnives pointed out should have everything you are looking for. Florida has plenty of shoots each year. About the only thing we can't offer you is another shoot below freezing   :).

Look forward to seeing you on the line.

Steve

SFLShooter

Went to my first Ladyseed event recently.  What an information packed weekend.  Hubby and I are going to attend Appleseed in early April in Homestead. Looking forward to it! :~ :1luvu
SFLShooter/Cheryl

Xavier

Quote from: ScubaSteve on January 22, 2022, 07:04:46 AM
Welcome Xavier.

Those ranges that StoneKnives pointed out should have everything you are looking for. Florida has plenty of shoots each year. About the only thing we can't offer you is another shoot below freezing   :).

Look forward to seeing you on the line.

Steve

Thanks, I got my Winterseed patch so I think I'm all set on below freezing shoots!

Daniel

Hello all,
My name is Daniel and I have revisited appleseed after bieng gone for a while. I stared  appleseed in 2016 and now that I am retired I am back volunteering again. I live in pensacola florida area. If anyone wants to get together and practice or shoot just lemme knkw. Thanks. :snipersmi
Retired USAF

malabar

Welcome back!

tk

Quote from: Daniel on April 26, 2023, 12:01:03 PM
Hello all,
My name is Daniel and I have revisited appleseed after bieng gone for a while. I stared  appleseed in 2016 and now that I am retired I am back volunteering again. I live in pensacola florida area. If anyone wants to get together and practice or shoot just lemme knkw. Thanks. :snipersmi
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

TheMenace

Welcome back Daniel. You'll be right at home with the fine Appleseed folks in the Panhandle!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Benj

Hi, I'm Ben. I just finished a two day marksmanship training in Flagler. It was a fantastic experience. I'm looking forward to going to more of these and learning new skills.

About me: I'm a mid 30s nomad with a remote IT job exploring Florida to figure out where I'd like to set root (suggestions welcome)

9mm4545

Welcome and I am glad you enjoyed the shoot! I am a member at the Flagler Gun Club and if ever you want to join me for some trigger time there, just ask and I would be happy to have you as a guest.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

rambo granny

Ben,
I really enjoyed working with you! So proud you also scored with your bolt gun on the last AQT.  ^:)^ As Bruce & I have family membership to Flagler, I echo Bruce's invitation. You're being so open to trying new shooting ideas/positions really was a major contributor to your huge progress over the weekend.
As to suggestions for roots in FL, what sorts of area do you prefer? City vs rural county? We personally live in Putnam County, a small very rural county on the St Johns River. Reach us via the private message system ("my messages" tab above) on this forum by our screen names.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David