News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Member Introductions

Started by definder, July 23, 2009, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emkay

Hello all!

I attended my third Appleseed this past weekend and the third time was the charm for me! PHenry is a wily one when he read the scores and I thought I hadn't made it. He said 209...so close! But then a bit later, informed me that I scored a 217!!!

Appleseed is a great organization, not only teaching safety and marksmanship, but history as well!

I look forward to many more Appleseed events!

You can't put freedom in your pocket, but you can hold it in your heart - once there, it can't be stolen. ~me

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
~George Washington

308LIBERTY

Quote from: emkay on October 27, 2014, 12:47:02 PM
Hello all!

I attended my third Appleseed this past weekend and the third time was the charm for me! PHenry is a wily one when he read the scores and I thought I hadn't made it. He said 209...so close! But then a bit later, informed me that I scored a 217!!!

Appleseed is a great organization, not only teaching safety and marksmanship, but history as well!

I look forward to many more Appleseed events!

Woohoo! Welcome to the forums. It was a real pleasure seeing you get that patch finally.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

9mm4545

Welcome aboard! Thank you for stepping up and I do look forward to meeting you in person.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Sonofamarksman

I attended my first Appleseed Oct 25-26 with Emkay. I was tired looking guy who's scores sucked, but I will be fixing that! I loved my first Appleseed and am attempting to get more people involved, you guys are awesome.

Sonofamarksman

I attended my first Appleseed Oct 25-26 with Emkay. I was tired looking guy who's scores sucked, but I will be fixing that! I loved my first Appleseed and am attempting to get more people involved, you guys are awesome.

stoneknives

Welcome my friend. Glad you enjoyed the  Appleseed in Clearwater. Dont worry about the scores Just work on the process NPOA - six steps. and dont forget dry-fire practice.

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

9mm4545

Welcome aboard! Appleseed is a self-improvement program that uses rifle marksmanship. One of the most important lessons you will learn is persistence. Success as a marksman--and as an effective human being--will not come without it.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Sonofamarksman

Yep, I'm getting into the prone and sitting positions for a couple minutes at least once a day now, trying to get my body more comfortable with it  ~~:) . But I have recommended Appleseed to every gun owner I know.  ^:)^

Mango

Hi, my name is Mark, I attended my first Appleseed in Hollywood, Florida this past weekend (Jan 10 & 11, 2015).  The experience was awesome and the training was outstanding!  The host range was awesome as well (Hollywood Rifle & Pistol); my first time there. 

My only "issue" was Florida's unusually hot, humid Winter because I was drinking so much fluids and using the restroom so frequently that I missed some of the interesting lectures.  Our shoot boss, "Bruce" was outstanding, both in his classroom teaching and field advice.  I started shooting iron sights on the first day, but I couldn't see the bottom row of targets.  I mounted a scope for the second day and Bruce provided a lot of help in getting it sighted in.  My highest score for the weekend was 206.   We had outstanding instructors!  I recommended Appleseed to a number of friends.
"When the Government fears the people, there is liberty.  When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny."  - - Thomas Jefferson

Guntuckian

Welcome to Appleseed, Mark!  At 206, you are right on the bubble!  You will undoubtedly score Rifleman soon!  Practice dry firing and getting into the positions.  It can easily boost your score by 20+ points!

--gb
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

WinterRider

Hey my name's Elliott out in California. I attended my first Apple Seed last weekend 1/10/15-1/11/15 out at sac valley. I shot two riflemen scores on Saturday 219/229 but I was only a cook on Sunday. It was great and I loved the format of history and marksmanship over the weekend. I'm looking forward to improving my skills and shooting a full distance Apple seed in the future.

Thanks folks and thanks Fred

Sly223

Well in Ca. Johnny Appleseed is your go to guy. here in Fl Engineer Shooter or Malabar. Where do you want and when then we can hook you up with best said point of contact.
Welcome
Aloha
Sly223
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Rob W.

Hi. Happy to be part of this. Thank you for bing here!
"Give me liberty, or give me death!"
Patrick Henry

minnesotarabit

'Mornin fellow Appleseeders - Just had my first event at West Volusia range with an AWESOME bunch of instructors and other attendees. So unlike other "social groups"- everyone was polite, helpful, encouraging, with manners - can we clone ya'll??
My fellow got his Rifleman and is so proud you would have though he had puppies!  Hope to meet more of you fine folks at events around the state and yes, we will spread the word. Not enough great organizations and groups of people like this around any more!
minnesotarabit in West Volusia
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

308LIBERTY

Welcome Rob W and minnesotarabit. Glad to have you on board!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

stoneknives

Welcome Rob W and minnisotarabbit always glad to have more Patriots on the line.

henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

Sly223

Stay tuned for a ladyseed in sept and  a 4th of July BBQ somewhere!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

minnesotarabit

Evening Sly et al - Yes, Rambo Grandma told me about the September event, and YES I am very interested. Please let me know when there is a date, I have to arrange months in advance for care for my mom. I hear rumor that it is going to sell out really quick! 
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

PHterry

I would be very interested in the ladyseed also.  I'm signed up for my first appleseed in October 2015 in Pensacola, but would love to get started sooner.   ^:)^

Longbow14

Good morning,
    As my first post i'll try and put a whole bunch of info in. 
My name is Cameron I live in Eustis Florida, I'm hoping to attend an appleseed event with a group of family and friends sometime in the fall Probably October; that should give me enough time to get gear and ammo together for my cousin, Father, and friend. I'm very excited about this group because My father and I ( i don't think i'm the milkman's kid) are descendants of Israel Bissell https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Bissell , and my wife is the descendant of Abner Hosmer of the Acton Militia.  I'll try and direct my questions to the needed forums.

Sly223

LongBow,
you come from a strong history of not only leaders; But the first leaders!
Welcome to Appleseed I SB in Myakka, Fl We have two events prior to the fall if you can stand the heat!
..:..
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

stoneknives

Welcome to Appleseed Longbow14. Hope to meet you at a 'Seed and find out more about relations. The stories from the families are so much more interesting than  what you read on the history books.

Squeeeeezer

Hi all, first time with Appleseed and first time handling a rifle.  Was at the Ladyseed this past weekend and want to thank all who helped organize and run the event.  Had a wonderful time and will definitely be back.  I have much influence as my boss is a HUGE advocate of the organization.  It seems as though not a day goes by that he doesn't mention it to someone.

Thanks again! :)

stoneknives

Glad you have joined us here at Project Appleseed and that you had a great time at the Ladyseed.
When are you planning your next 'Seed?

henry

Squeeeeezer

Quote from: stoneknives on September 29, 2015, 05:12:25 PM
Glad you have joined us here at Project Appleseed and that you had a great time at the Ladyseed.
When are you planning your next 'Seed?

henry

Thank you!  Thinking of attending one in November with my husband.  I was also thinking of observing one prior to that as I feel I may learn more by watching others.  Looking into rifle purchases and all of the good stuff that goes along with it.  ::)

JeffDG

Hello Everyone in Florida!

Ive been shooting casually for a few years now and decided I wanted to learn the proper way! I am attending my first Appleseed December 12th and 13th in Palm Bay. Really looking forward to it. Hope I can make some shooting buddies that are in my general vicinity.

Jeff Gilbert, Jupiter Florida

Guntuckian

Hello Jeff,

It will be a great opportunity to meet many new shooting buddies at Palm Bay!  The December shoot is usually a very large turnout, as the heat of summer has faded!  We often have 3-5 shooters from your local area at every Palm Bay Appleseed!  See you there!

-- Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

TheBeak

Good afternoon all! 

Just came over to register and say HI!!!

On two days notice I decided to attend this weekends event at the Hernando Sportsman's Club up just north of Weeki Wachee FL.  I had never heard of Appleseed and thought it might be a fun way to enjoy my birthday weekend. 

Wow, what an event.  I learned a TON, and really enjoyed the experience. 

Archie, Smoke, Pete... guys - thank you!

'till next time,
Rich K.
'till next time,

Rich K.

stoneknives

Welcome good Sir, to our jolly band of Liberty loving miscreants and reprobates.

Loaded

Hey all!

Drove up to New Smyrna this weekend from Miami and had a great time. The event exceeded my expectations and I'm looking forward heading back up soon. Glenn, you and the crew were awesome!!

Dan