News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promo Ideas

Started by vernic82, April 28, 2010, 12:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vernic82

Guys - recently received news of this:

2010 Blue Trail Range/WPLR outdoor sports fair and pig roast
June 5 & 6
Blue Trail Range, 316 North Branford Rd. Wallingford , CT 06492 (203)269-3280. Pig roast Saturday, June 5th only. Displays from major firearms manufacturers. Hands on opportunities to shoot famous manufacturer firearms. Car and Truck dealers and displays. Many other outdoor related activities. http://www.ctsportsmen.com/flyerBTRPig10.htm

Perhaps we could have a table setup with Appleseed info/sign ups available?

TOMINCT, I know you're working on Dave Lyman for a future shoot, perhaps this could be a way in?

Whadda you guys think, anyone interested in 'workin' a table?

V82
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

vernic82

Also on the same day, entails a 'raid; into Mass.....

SPRINGFIELD MA FIREARM AND KNIFE SHOW/SALE.
June 5 & 6
600 Tables. Sat. 9-5; Sun 9-3. Eastern States Exposition W. Springfield , MA . www.northeastgunshows
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

Thanks for posting these, Fred. Meant to return your call today but got bogged down with work. I'll ring you tomorrow.

As for the BT gig, yep, we should be there. Used to be a much bigger show, but it's still one of the better public firearms-related events in the state. And if it'll help bring Dave L.  to the table, all the better.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

vernic82

I'm down for some roasted pig ^:)^
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

Apparently, the Blue Trail Outdoor Sports Fair is August 7-8, 2010, at least according to BT's website: http://www.bluetrailrange.com/ - scroll to the bottom for the calendar.

vernic82

:-[Duh!  should've checked my own link to the Flyer - you're correct sir, 8/7-8 is the date.  We've no shoot going that weekend so a table is still doable, right?  Any volunteers from the CT Crew (other than me)?????

Quote from: CortJestir on April 28, 2010, 03:28:01 PM
Apparently, the Blue Trail Outdoor Sports Fair is August 7-8, 2010, at least according to BT's website: http://www.bluetrailrange.com/ - scroll to the bottom for the calendar.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

Count me in. Despite appearances, I can be charming when I need to be.  :cool2:
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

vernic82

Fantastic then!

There's at least Two salesmen in the booth ;D

Quote from: 2paranoid on April 28, 2010, 11:26:03 PM
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

OK Nutmeggers - this date is nearing, in the heat of the summer home plans season - so who's gonna step up to help Dan & I?

Your help doesn't just require you to be there with us - it could be helping us with promo materiel, a banner, hand outs, a table/chairs or whatever you can think will help us promote AS.

As for everyday Promo - WE NEED IT!  and we each need to "work" everyone we can to make up for our shortfalls in registration at CT AS's this year, as of today 5/14:

Chaplin 6/19-20 ONLY 22/35
Simsbury 7/10-11 ONLY 9/22
Colebrook 7/31-8/1 ONLY 9/33
Chaplin 8/28-29 are you ready for this 0/35! !@#)

How far is too far to travel to an Appleseed, in a state smaller than many state's counties??? :o

Apparently to some it is too far, that is why we also need help in finding a range in Southern CT - talk to your friends, relatives, co-workers, someone must know someone who's a member at a range on the shoreline!?!?!?! :)

Quote from: vernic82 on April 29, 2010, 01:28:01 PM
Fantastic then!

There's at least Two salesmen in the booth ;D

Quote from: 2paranoid on April 28, 2010, 11:26:03 PM
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

Vernic82, where are we on the WPLR/Pig Roast/Gun event at Blue Trail this August? Did we get a table? If not, let's do it...

vernic82

I have not contacted them yet - I will do so this weekend and secure a table.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

kfish

Unfortunately i don't know if i will be available due to reasons I already discussed but I do have a folding table and can probably get my hands on 3 to 4 folding chairs.

vernic82

Waiting for a call back from David Lyman..........
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

3 messages in 3 days....no wonder this guys so hard to get a hold of the host an AS - he doesn't return calls to someone who wants to rent a table?!?!?!?!? !@#)

Ahh a Rifleman persists @@)

Quote from: vernic82 on May 22, 2010, 09:45:13 AM
Waiting for a call back from David Lyman..........
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude